PDA

View Full Version : Form players

Stuttgart88
23/12/2012, 12:01 PM
Prompted by my last comment on the James McCarthy thread I think it's worthwhile having a "form players" thread. Players can be added or taken off.

I'd start with:

McCarthy
O'Brien
Hoolahan
Coleman
Long
Clark
Gibson
Mark Bunn

McClean hasn't had a great season but by all accounts his last couple of games have been much better.

We're clutching at straws a bit for good news on the international front, so "form" is to be interpreted as encouraging form rather than stellar form!

Charlie Darwin
23/12/2012, 12:08 PM
Pilkington too probably. Is form really that relevant 6 weeks before our next game and 3 months before our next qualifier?

Stuttgart88
23/12/2012, 12:36 PM
Yes, I think so. The above have actually been consistent all season anyway. The likes of Whelan and Walters have been steady but unspectacular. The above have done enough already this season to warrant a squad place at the very least and in my opinion should probably be starting.

nigel-harps1954
23/12/2012, 12:39 PM
Form is definitely relevant, but should be over a certain period of time rather than just current. The other side is however, that club form, doesn't always transfer over to international level as has been proven many times in the past.

TrapAPony
23/12/2012, 1:10 PM
O'Shea got MOM against Southampton

tricky_colour
23/12/2012, 2:07 PM
Yes I noticed JOSH got a 9 on Sky Sport rating, pretty rare for him to get a MOM IIRC.
Shane Long was drooped for the last match.

Crosby87
23/12/2012, 2:22 PM
Is Robbie taken off b/c the season is over? I mean he was the best player in MLS this time last month.

strangeirish
23/12/2012, 2:22 PM
Shane Long was drooped for the last match. Looked pretty down alright...

the bear
23/12/2012, 3:08 PM
Shane Long was drooped for the last match.

it happens to every guy

Kingdom
24/12/2012, 9:28 AM
Yes, I think so. The above have actually been consistent all season anyway. The likes of Whelan and Walters have been steady but unspectacular. The above have done enough already this season to warrant a squad place at the very least and in my opinion should probably be starting.

Happened to see a bit of the Spurs Stoke game and Whelan moved the ball about impressively. I know he's been slated here before, and rightly on some occasions, but he is deserving of a place in our squad, and is a good backup to Gibson and Jimmy Mac.