PDA

View Full Version : This years helping of fudge coming up in Waterford??

Lim till i die
17/12/2012, 2:22 AM
Lost their Hendo unfair dismissal case.

Which gives them a very narrow window to reach an agreement with him and get a licence.

Which could be difficult.

Or is everything fine and dandy down there??

Discuss the issues.

razor
17/12/2012, 8:01 AM
Surely they'll have a few bob from the Maguire deal to sort out Sunbed Steve?

GCdfc
17/12/2012, 8:16 AM
Maybe their chairman was expecting to lose this case and his comments about not being able to afford league entry were based on fact and not on hotheadedness.

White Horse
17/12/2012, 9:26 AM
Hopefully, the Maguire deal with cover any compensation due.

Not that any club can operate in a financially sound way in a seven league first division.

How many first division club budgets will pass scutiny if reviewed objectively.

Expect seven fudges.

passinginterest
17/12/2012, 1:06 PM
Expect seven fudges.

That's like a Christmas selection box nightmare. Where's the Curly Wurly... where's the Curly Wurly? Nooo...

blue til i die
19/12/2012, 12:37 AM
Be grand. :nails:

Seriously though, the club has no money, very small amount from Maguire deal to come and no players signed up on top of the Henderson thing. Doesn't look good. The only positive is that Henderson will know if the club doesnt get a licence, he wont get money any time soon so they should (hopefully) help them come to terms soon.

Martinho II
19/12/2012, 7:25 PM
Im intrigued by what happened with Stephen Henderson re compo. is there a link to any news releases as I saw nothin on twittr bout this?

blue til i die
19/12/2012, 9:00 PM
Not sure what the legality of articles about the case since the club can still appeal (I assume), but this is the only article i've found on the topic.
http://www.waterford-news.ie/2012/12/18/blues-on-the-brink-after-court-ruling/

The future of Waterford United is understood to be uncertain after a court judgement went against them at the sitting of the Circuit Court in Dungarvan on Friday afternoon last.

It comes after former manager Stephen Henderson took a legal case against the club following his dismissal in 2011 and although it was widely expected that United had done their business correctly, the decision of the court went against them.

Although there is no official figure on the settlement of the case, Henderson is set to be paid for the remaining 18 months of his contract, which is rumoured to be excess of 50,000 euro but one club source has suggested that the judgement could be “the end” of the club.

The management committee are set to meet over the coming days to discuss the matter before making any comment on the future of the club.

Martinho II
20/12/2012, 7:23 PM
That is very serious for Waterford after readin that article. hope things will work out as the RSC was always one of my favorite trips!

wonder88
20/12/2012, 8:03 PM
50k is a fair bit of money to come up with in the current economic climate, half of what Bohs had to give to Blackie Connor when they had the money from Zoe developments/Zurich Bank. It must be difficult for Waterford fans to know that any money they give to give towards fundraising for the club is going directly to Henderson. Was Stephen McGuinness and the PFAI involved in this case do anyone know ? Also does anyone at Shamrock Rovers know how much did they have to pay to Stephen Kenny. Why do clubs in the LoI give managers contracts longer than one year is something I find hard to understand.