PDA

View Full Version : France Vs Faroes

Bald Student
12/09/2004, 2:17 PM
I saw France Vs The Faroe Islands there on Setanta and France were absolutley terrible.

Did anyone else see it? I can't remember the French putting in a single tackle in midfield and the amount of space they gave the Faroes was amazing.

Has anyone seen France play anyone else recently? Was this display typical?

Sonic
12/09/2004, 4:23 PM
I saw France Vs The Faroe Islands there on Setanta and France were absolutley terrible.

Did anyone else see it? I can't remember the French putting in a single tackle in midfield and the amount of space they gave the Faroes was amazing.

Has anyone seen France play anyone else recently? Was this display typical?
the faroes cud b a stumbling block for us nxt month even though france are a shadow of their former selves

eirebhoy
12/09/2004, 6:00 PM
the faroes cud b a stumbling block for us nxt month even though france are a shadow of their former selves
If we were away I'd probably agree with you but there's no chance of us not beating them at home.

tiktok
12/09/2004, 7:17 PM
I watched the game, France were woeful alright, Dommenech is already under pressure, but there's still too much class on that squad to expect too much against them in Paris.

They can still field Pires and Rothen on the wings with any two of Henry/Cisse/Saha/Trezeguet up front. While they're shaky at the back, at some stage their attacking talent willclick, here's hoping it takes another game or two though.

Bald Student
13/09/2004, 10:17 AM
the faroes cud b a stumbling block for us nxt month

I don't think so. The Faroes were very strong anf fit. They were well able to keep up with the pace of the game and they did a lot of running.
Their composure on the ball, particularly in midfield was terrible though. None of them had the confidence to keep the ball, every time they recieved posession they passed in the direction of their nearest team-mate. The only reason they were in the game for so long was because France showed no interest in tackeling and simply waited for the Faroes to loose posession on their own.

I don't know if this is typical of France or not but the game was definatley a case of France playing badly and the Faroes making up for a lack of skill by doing an awful lot of running.