PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell is Hoggie???!?!?!

SSS
11/09/2004, 7:59 PM
He is fit, he has played loads of games since comng back in the friendly against Leeds, and cannot even make the bench tonight.
He was first choice before the injury and with the exception of a few injuries he has been pretty much ever-present for two and a half seasons - for good reason!
I reckon we have seen the last of Hoggie of Dolan doesn't wake up before the end of the season - I can't see him sticking around when he'd have no problem getting a game elsewhere. :mad:

jofyisgod
11/09/2004, 8:11 PM
It's a bit strange all right. Hoggie, IMO, has got to be right up ther in the pecking order, if not at the top. Lordan's done well, don't get me wrong, but he is beginning to tire/lose the novelty factor, and i would love to see Hoggie back. Most clubs would die for him...

GavinZac
12/09/2004, 2:48 AM
why dont people trust the professional's opinion? if hoggy hasnt reached the eircom league premier division level yet since his very bad injury, then leave him. a ****ing friendly against leeds and some u21 games are not proof that he is ready. lordan has done nery well and its impossible to impress at right back as the people in the premiership knoe.

hoggy is a good consistant player but we arent going to win any more matches just cause he is in the team, unfit and unready. a certain mr o'flynn comes to mind

thecorner
12/09/2004, 2:52 AM
why dont people trust the professional's opinion? if hoggy hasnt reached the eircom league premier division level yet since his very bad injury, then leave him.

sorry now gavin but just back from the game .....and a half fit hoggie would have done beter than lordan tonight

now,i am a fan of lordan but he was pathetic

DolansWaistcoat
12/09/2004, 11:43 AM
Injury must have been worse than expected because Hoggie is a class act and IS first choice right back and I hope Dolan knows this too.

SSS
12/09/2004, 1:48 PM
Hoggie has played about 10 games since he started FULL training with the rest of the squad over two months ago. How many games does he need to play before being considered fit? If you've seen him in any of the U21 games, you'd wonder why he's not back.

JoF: Pat I know I haven't even played a friendly or U21 game, but I'm grand for the next league match. Pat: OK Johnny, but hey, Neal, another dozen games before you're back eh - no rush, Lordie is much better anyway. I'll tell you what, that Johnny is a brilliant person. :rolleyes:

Hoggie apparently feels himself that he has never been so fit.

pete
13/09/2004, 9:30 AM
He didn'y play that u-21 game yesterday so chances are he fit & ready now.

I presume Dolan had decided to stick with Lordan & Hoggies just doesn't give much option from the bench as Billy already covering the fullback position.

NorthoftheLee
13/09/2004, 11:11 AM
If Hoggie is fit which he should be at this stage then he should start IMO, No questions....he is the best right back at the club...

A face
13/09/2004, 9:50 PM
he is the best right back at the club...

Well it is hard to say right now, but definitely .... if you have a player of Hoggies quality breathing down your back, looking to get back on the team then you sure as hell better be doing the job, one slip up and Hoggie should be back on.