PDA

View Full Version : Bohs Game (for those not travelling)

Gary
11/09/2004, 11:33 AM
Unfortunatley due to work, a good number of people wont be able to make the game on Friday next, the televised game Vs Bohs.

So, where are people watching it. It would be great if a big number could all gather in the one spot. Here are a few suggestions.

Horseshoe
Gateway (Barrack St)
The Quad (Tuckey St)
Billy Morgans (Marlboro St)

I'd say either Gateway or Horseshoe.

What about the rest???

Ruairi
11/09/2004, 12:08 PM
Yeah i think weshould all meet up and take over a pub for a couple of hours. i'd go with the quad TBH, they've got a couple of screens and a big mad one too. that and it's dead central. the gateway's a bit shíte for games, and they probably won't have the sound on either.

Fair_play_boy
12/09/2004, 8:59 PM
Horseshoe
Gateway (Barrack St)
The Quad (Tuckey St)
Billy Morgans (Marlboro St)

Sponsorship idea for the club:
Do a deal with say three large pubs in Cork; 1 each on northside, southside, and city centre.
Make these clubs the "official" supporters' pubs for away matches, and have Setanta or some other crowd provide the pictures.
I bet it would have a lot of takers, and bring some more income to the club's coffers.

adamcarr
12/09/2004, 9:49 PM
Do a deal with say three large pubs in Cork; 1 each on northside, southside, and city centre.
Make these clubs the "official" supporters' pubs for away matches, and have Setanta or some other crowd provide the pictures.
I bet it would have a lot of takers, and bring some more income to the club's coffers.
It might work if the league got proper coverage. I doubt Setanta would show that many games!

pete
13/09/2004, 9:43 AM

Would work if was more than 1 or 2 games a season covered live on tv.

thecorner
13/09/2004, 5:52 PM
how bout beer gardens

cheap gat and all that

James
14/09/2004, 5:37 PM
quad sounds good to be

thecorner
14/09/2004, 5:42 PM
we would wanna be hurrying this on a bit.. game is in 3 days time and people may need notice of where to be meeting

Gary
14/09/2004, 7:37 PM
Quad is good for me, and I was talking to Ruari a while ago, it suits him too.

Pablo
15/09/2004, 12:41 PM
ring in sick lads your team needs you! get on the bus and cause no fuss!

A face
15/09/2004, 12:52 PM
ring in sick lads

I'd thinking along the same lines myself, has everyone at least considered going to the game. Even if you never go to away games then considered it now, you might get hooked once you start :D

C'mon people ...... this is a six pointer and should be a great game !!

Colm
15/09/2004, 1:25 PM
ring in sick lads your team needs you! get on the bus and cause no fuss!

I'd agree with that.
This is as big a game as we've had all season, the team needs as many fans there as possible. Most of the usual travelling support will be there I assume but we need even more people. Imagine what it would look like on TV if we had 300 or 400 instead of the usual 150-200.
The Bohs fans will be really up for this as it's a massive game for them aswell and it's their first time on TV this season, we normally out do the home support so lets not let this time be any different.

Gary
16/09/2004, 7:22 PM
Well, a few of us are going to the Quad for about 7.15ish. I hope there will be a good few there.

yokohama
16/09/2004, 8:16 PM
was talking to a couple of the younger lads 2nite on the city team in rochestown park... they told me georgie was dropped.. and said he wasnt too happy..

Gary
16/09/2004, 10:00 PM
If he is dropped, it just proves that no one is un droppable, or shouldnt be anyone at least.

Its not the end of the world if he is on the bench. It could be interesting to see Colin and Gamble together in the middle. That said, i would have thought that the tried nad tested would have been the best option for this game, with Colin and George.

We'll wait and see, but like most net rumours, its probably codswallop.

thecorner
16/09/2004, 10:32 PM
stroy probably stems from spillages piece in the echo saying bennet is likely to return so o brien will be able to take his place in midfield alongside gamble

it georgie is dropped,it will be nothing short of a disgrace

and would nearly definitly start some sort of backlash against dolan

maybe dolan should get some advice off gullit or bobby robson about what happens when u drop ur star player

A face
16/09/2004, 11:17 PM
Nothing wrong with giving a player a rest lads, he might be a different player for it when he comes back onto the team.

Calling for Dolans head ....... You're having a laugh. Not a chance lads ..... i think a few of you are watching too much telly to be honest, cos that is very dramatic and way over the top.

C'mon City !!

thecorner
16/09/2004, 11:47 PM
resting is one thing,dropping is another....and just that u will see from my post i did not say that I will be doing the calling for his head

A face
17/09/2004, 12:02 AM
I know .... i am just saying in general .... calling for his head is just mad and in all fairness if anyone steps back and looks at what they are saying then there wont be a problem.

I dont care if Dolan drops the whole team and brings on the U21 a la Pats a few years back, just as long and we get results. I am not worried about one players happiness right now ...... I want points on the board

If any players are reading this ........ remember ....... Points on the board ...... Pass it on !!

That is all we are worried about !!

Ruairi
17/09/2004, 8:44 AM
back on topic slightly....

for anyone who can't make the game the quad's the place to be.

7.15ish

patsh
17/09/2004, 9:56 AM
If he is dropped, it just proves that no one is un droppable, or shouldnt be anyone at least.Eh, Dan Murray, John O'Flynn....?

Colm
17/09/2004, 10:48 AM
Too many people think the sun shines out of Dolan's arse at the moment

Maybe it does but it shines out of George's even brighter! :)

aswad
17/09/2004, 3:26 PM
I think xtreme rebel should shut up considering he is working for the club. Or is Lennox asking him do blacken Dolan's name?

thecorner
17/09/2004, 3:31 PM
I think xtreme rebel should shut up

everyone is entitled to a point of view................like it or not ;)

He won't drop JOF because the fans love him

the fans love georgie

back on topic anyway

hope we get a crowd of us into the quad tonite

aswad
17/09/2004, 3:34 PM
I just don't think it's very professional. What would you think if you had a fellow employee rubbishing you? How's about some critism of Dolan on the official site so then?

Ruairi
17/09/2004, 4:21 PM
hope we get a crowd of us into the quad tonite

HERE HERE

hopefully we'll all be celebrating a win around town at about 10pm tonight!

Gary
17/09/2004, 5:33 PM
Just rang the Quad, they said - "we might put it on one of the screens". Hopefully there will be a good number there and we an have it on all of them. We wouldnt have the same prob if it was Liverpool Vs Man U would we???