PDA

View Full Version : eircom League Cup quarter-final draw

Neil
10/12/2001, 10:18 PM
Derry City v Waterford United
Cork City v Limerick
Shamrock Rovers v Longford Town
St Patrick’s Athletic v Bohemians

Dates for the ties have yet to be arranged, but they are expected to be played late next month sometime.

[inthenet.ie (http://inthenet.ie/eircom/news.asp?head=432)]

Bernie
11/12/2001, 8:12 AM
At last a home draw in the league cup.

And there even worse than Ramblers to boot.

niamh
11/12/2001, 9:20 AM
Looks straight forward enough but then UCD are straight forward for most teams in the league as well...

joe
11/12/2001, 9:24 AM
Originally posted by Bernie
At last a home draw in the league cup.

And there even worse than Ramblers to boot.

I don't mean to question your authority on the subject Bernie, but so far this season Limerick have beaten Ramblers twice in St. Colman's Park and drawn in Jackman Park :D

Snatch
11/12/2001, 9:26 AM
Thats the perfect dra. Limerick is almost a local derby. We haven't played them in years. It should bring a fairly good crowd to the Cross.

City for the Trebble ;)

Pablo
11/12/2001, 10:22 AM
4 of the top 5 in the league through to the semis i'd say?

Jim Smith
11/12/2001, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Pablo
4 of the top 5 in the league through to the semis i'd say? Just you keep that up. If ever there was tempting a "thats the magic of cup competitions" nightmare remark that has to be it. No I'm not superstitious, just very, very cynical :D

Pablo
11/12/2001, 12:52 PM
well i'll stick my head on the block and say 4 home wins are defo on the cards. only Lonford IMO have any sort of chance of an away win.....

Bernie
11/12/2001, 12:53 PM
i must bow to Joe , 1 of the 120, on his superior knowledge of the lower levels of the league.

Schumi
11/12/2001, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Looks straight forward enough but then UCD are straight forward for most teams in the league as well...

I should point out that we are unbeaten against all the teams in the top half of the table except for Rovers.

pete
11/12/2001, 1:53 PM
Originally posted by Schumi

I should point out that we are unbeaten against all the teams in the top half of the table except for Rovers.

huh? :confused:

you mean not unbeaten surely?

Schumi
11/12/2001, 2:03 PM
By "we" I mean UCD.

pete
11/12/2001, 2:16 PM
By "we" I mean UCD.

my mistake. out of practice......

:(

Jim Smith
11/12/2001, 5:05 PM
By "we" I mean UCD. If you had been TCD instead of UCD you could have used the royal 'we' :D

UCD - how can one team inflict so much misery on me?

Gary
11/12/2001, 5:17 PM
Bit of a sucky draw for Waterford eh?

As for our own one I was hoping we would get Limerick..... but away. Reason being is that they are little better off than Ramblers, and a local derby would get some much needed cash into their coffers.
Anyways, City for the CUPS!!!! :cool:

Neil
11/12/2001, 5:32 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Reason being is that they are little better off than Ramblers, and a local derby would get some much needed cash into their coffers.
I think in the Cup the gate receipts are halved between both clubs. So Limerick will probably make more from a Turners Cross tie.

Although Cork City are notorious for talking down the gate receipts so that they can pocket a lot more than half. Cowboys that they are...

CityRant
11/12/2001, 5:34 PM
Watch it Neil..posting like that or ones that are anyway negative towards the Board can get you banned..just ask James

Neil
11/12/2001, 5:39 PM
Originally posted by CityRant
Watch it Neil..posting like that or ones that are anyway negative towards the Board can get you banned..just ask James
Sorry!

I meant to say...

They are allegedly Tax-dodging cowboys lining their own pockets with money that they make from Cork City supporters.

Yeah?

TheNorthsider
11/12/2001, 6:49 PM
dont those tax dodging cowboys in the fai get a cut as well

Schumi
12/12/2001, 4:54 PM
allegedly tax dodging