PDA

View Full Version : little dudes playing football

the 12 th man
10/09/2004, 8:58 PM
the 7 a side game for under 7s up starts tommorow in the greater dublin area.
i have got back into "big time management" and am managing one of our under 8 teams.
first match tommorow morning and i'm planking it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

best of luck to anybody else out there with kids playing tommorow (except the team we are playing ;) )

Plastic Paddy
10/09/2004, 9:11 PM
i have got back into "big time management" and am managing one of our under 8 teams.
first match tommorow morning and i'm planking it!!!

That's what football's about. Best of luck to you and yours, Father. :D

:D PP

the 12 th man
10/09/2004, 9:17 PM
That's what football's about. Best of luck to you and yours, Father. :D

:D PP

i've had a word with the man above about "looking after the lads".
you know to old saying "if you have a dog,why bark yourself " :D

sylvo
11/09/2004, 6:39 PM
first match tommorow morning and i'm planking it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

best of luck to anybody else out there with kids playing tommorow (except the team we are playing ;) )

So 12th, how did yer first day back in the management hotseat go.
Was it like the bacon slicer situation Mick McCarthy talked about.

the 12 th man
12/09/2004, 1:45 PM
yes guys i'm proud to tell you we won 7-3 away.
the game was 1-1 after 50 seconds :eek:
the 12 th mans no2 son got 1.
so me job is safe for one more week. :D

the 12 th man
12/09/2004, 3:32 PM
,I've been looking after the older age group(25+) :rolleyes:for many years,who can prove equally immature........

i would image so.
and try telling your lot to get to bed at 9pm on the night before a match :D

Maz
12/09/2004, 4:59 PM
yes guys i'm proud to tell you we won 7-3 away.
the game was 1-1 after 50 seconds :eek:
the 12 th mans no2 son got 1.
so me job is safe for one more week. :D

ah good on ya! ul be looking for a senior team next! :p

the 12 th man
13/09/2004, 6:58 AM
ah good on ya! ul be looking for a senior team next! :p

that could be a very dangerous thing to say around the longford area these days ;)

(i can just see meself sitting in the dugout) :D

Metrostars
13/09/2004, 2:07 PM
I'm the coach of my kids' 6yo team and had our first game on Saturday, 4 on 4, coed, no goalies. It was quite a laugh, team running the wrong way, one girl kept running away whenever the ball got near her, our best player, Justin is quite a bruiser but was getting frustrated and kept picking up the ball. One of my girls was chasing the ball all over the place, the other was just strolling and had more interest in picking up the daisies! Thankfully we didnt keep score (would have been about 18-16 I guess), but all the kids said they had fun and I sure did.

pete
13/09/2004, 2:41 PM
I'm the coach of my kids' 6yo team and had our first game on Saturday, 4 on 4, coed, no goalies.

Coeds - one of those strange american words never heard used anywhere else.

You get Soccermoms at u-6's?

;)

the 12 th man
04/10/2004, 1:11 PM
well its 3 wins out of three games for my little wizards.

won 7. 3 on sat and my little lad got 6 :D

MervilleUnited
04/10/2004, 6:00 PM
Geetings All!
Sligo Calling with a request for ideas for "Blitzes", especially for Under 8 and Under 10s!?! Simply, with no critical eye, at a local Blitz here, the format was 4 teams per group to ensure 3 games per team entered. With 12 teams, that was 3 groups. Top team qualified for SF, Plus best 2nd placed team, based on goal difference. However, as I, or anyone else I hope, does not want to see teams thrashed!, I rotated the "weaker" lads in games where we were on top, and hoped that others would do the same. Then we failed to qualify by 3 goals! Parents, Players, and all and sundry fell in!! Ideas PLEASE! Am organising my own one s :confused: oon, and no more Flak needed!

the 12 th man
05/10/2004, 7:37 AM
I rotated the "weaker" lads in games where we were on top, and hoped that others would do the same.

welcome to kids football (and foot.ie :D )mervilleunited.

the vast majority of parents/kids countrywide want to win their games,simple as that.

there is no doubt that we are over competitive at underage football i.e kids getting knocked out of cup matches at under 7 etc.

in certain leagues now,they dont give out any "silverware" until under 10 to try and get away from the win at all costs attitude but overall i'd have to say that in general most teams are dissapointed if they loose any game.

re your blitz,
if you want to prolong it a bit you could still leave the 4 groups as is and play say, winner of group 1 v runner up group 2 and so on giving you a quarter final then semi and so on.
any time i/we have a blitz the organisors pick out the teams to stop any team having too many strong players.(i take it between you and your colleagues you would know most of the kids playing ?)

all the kids sign in on the morning of the competition and when you have the list of all the names YOU decide on the teams.
if a group of kids arrive together and you dont know them ,and suspect they might be a team already as opposed to individual kids,well you then split them up using the above method .

best of luck :)

MervilleUnited
05/10/2004, 5:40 PM
Great Idea, and thanks!! I may give it a shot on a small scale to see, but the old reliable, insurance, may reappear!

Will be back looking for more solutions soon!