PDA

View Full Version : Next Season?

KK77
10/09/2004, 3:05 PM
Anyone got any ideas who we should sign if/when we go up? I reckon we should move for Robbie Doyle as surely being a local and with premier division football to offer he'd sign? I also think we should then move to bring Pip Keogh back though don't know if the club would want him back??

KR's Post
10/09/2004, 3:35 PM
Robbie Doyle is banging in the goals for Pats and i doubt they will let him go plus we wouldnt be able to afford him like we couldnt when he was available recently... Pity but thats life!! Pip i think left the club on a sour note and i dnt think he would come back. We need a couple of players though with eddie and maurice retiring.. Paul Mctiernan from Sligo,Gorman chap from kilkenny. We should go for Don Tierney currently with Dublin 'going Down' City he was a class act when he played here.. Dont know if we could prize any players away from Premier clubs unless their unsettled!!

Longfordian
10/09/2004, 3:52 PM
I think Pip had a row with Pat Devlin about money Devlin promised him and then wouldnt give him or something, either way I dont think he has much time for him. He's unlucky that he got injured for us this season just when he was having his best spell of the season, since he's been fit the team has been winning and he cant get back in. Good footballer though and rated highly by a lot of people around here

Roo69
10/09/2004, 4:00 PM
Welcome Rafa, good to see another Bray fan on here ! :D

I'd love to see us bring Robbie (with him being my cousin and everything !)back to the Carlisle next season (we were VERY close to doing it this season but he signed for St. Pats) but i cant see this happening, he has signed a 2 year deal with them and seems to be happy enough there and wants to settle down etc....

Pip would be a great signing imo, very veritile player and would add a bit of bite to the midfield. Could be used at left full or left midfield either.

I presume (?)Eddie, Mo and Tarzan will be retiring at the end of the season we defo need to improve the squad. So before any signing we will have in our 1st team squad :

Goalkeepers
Chris O'Connor

Defenders
Wesley Charles
Jody Lynch
Graham O'Hanlon
Stephen Gifford
Keith Long
Paul O'Reilly
Colm Tresson

Midfielders
Colm James
Stephen Fox
Robbie McGuinness
Mickey Lawless
Ciaran Ryan

Strikers
Kevin Grogan
Eamon Zayed
John Flood
Barry McGory

Looking at it, if we want to stay in the premier, well we should really looking to do a Waterford and give a very good account of ourselves, we need to strengthen in all areas. Hopefully we can get Paul Forsyth back in after his travels.

KK77
10/09/2004, 4:09 PM
would be great if we could tempt Robbie back though doesnt seem likely judging by what you say, if Eddie, Mo & Tarzan retire we are going to need to sign 1/2 experienced players to come to help the younger lads though i suppose with Tresson, Fox & Lynch we have good experience in the the vital parts of the pitch though am eager to see who Devo might try and bring in finances permitting!

KR's Post
10/09/2004, 4:34 PM
Doyler with pace and goals would be a great signing but hopefully tarz will give it another season... i think he deserves another crack at the prem not being biased. altough eddie and mo deserve it very much aswell.. May-b ican convince tarz to stay. no chance in pip coming back after the disagreement and he is so established at longford!! ;)

tammy
11/09/2004, 6:41 AM
Don't get ahead of yourselves lads,ye arent up yet! The season is far from over! :cool:

Superhoops
13/09/2004, 9:13 AM
[QUOTE=Rafa B]Anyone got any ideas who we should sign if/when we go up? QUOTE]

Will Devo still be around next season. Whispers he may be leaving. If this is the case who will take over?

Roo69
13/09/2004, 9:27 AM
[QUOTE=Rafa B]Anyone got any ideas who we should sign if/when we go up? QUOTE]

Will Devo still be around next season. Whispers he may be leaving. If this is the case who will take over?

There's roumers every season that Devo will be stepping down, but is there anyone else out there who is available to Bray who could do a better job ? IMO at the moment i dont reckon there is.

A lot of people give Devo stick and say his not up to it etc.... but he is Bray through and through. Devo is Bray and would give anything to make them successful. It's all about money at the end of the day, and if Devo had the money of the likes of Doolin, Fenlon, Farrelly or Dolan, Bray would be a top 5 club every season. But with f*ck all people from Bray bothered going to the games and investing in the club it makes it very hard for the club to compete in the transfer market and pay big wages.

KK77
13/09/2004, 11:27 AM
yes i agree re Devo giving his all and wanting nothing more than for bray to be the best i mean he wants it more than anyone but sometimes i wonder if a change would be better for the future (i think Devo has done wonders so i hope people don't think i want him out coz i don't) as sometimes a manager has taken a team as far as he can and the players might even benefit from a new man with new ideas but as you say ROO69 who is out there????? Sadly as you said nobody wants to invest in Bray especially the locals but in todays world people want a retun on their investment and sadly Bray can't give that (again not criticising just being realistic) anyway thats enough of that as long as Devo is in charge like him or not if your a true fan you have to back him as if not whats the point?????

Roo69
13/09/2004, 12:21 PM
IMO I think Bray have so much to offer! But its not going to happen over night. If people look at it rationally we are the only senior football club in all of Wicklow - a rather big place, we also have nearly all of South Dublin as well, that gives us a huge catchment area to work from. At present we get people from Wicklow Town to the likes of Dun Laoghrie, Shankill etc supporting the Wanderers so it means people are willing to travel to the Carlisle to support us, we are also in a prime location right beside the DART and 2 minutes away from the town centre. This gives company’s a chance to get great exposure and advertise their goods and services, the more money that is pumped into the club the better the facilities and ground will become, this will in turn bring more people into the ground week in week out, this will then create a much stronger income into the club making us able to invest in better talent.

As I said this will take time and wont happen over night but we just need to companies to take the initial step to supporting us, Bray can grow to be a major force within the eL but we need investment to make this happen. I can guarantee that once we have the Carlisle refurbished that you will see a big difference in the gates.

Bray have several plans in place to try improve the seagulls as a better club, but we need funding for this to happen, we need the support of local business’ and local people. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, people are so quick to knock the club they support but they never try do anything about it.

Superhoops
13/09/2004, 8:30 PM
[QUOTE=Roo69]There's roumers every season that Devo will be stepping down, but is there anyone else out there who is available to Bray who could do a better job ? IMO at the moment i dont reckon there is.

I dont think anyone wants to see him go, but if he does it is hard to see anyone from the 'bigger' clubs coming to Bray. I believe it is likely to be someone from within. What about Maurice Farrell or U-21 manager John Finnegan, a Wicklowman and ex-player? :)

KR's Post
14/09/2004, 10:49 AM
Theres no doubt that if devo goes tony mcguirk,a man very passionate about bray will take over. but i really don't believe devo will leave especially if we get promoted.. Rumour suggests that tarzan will be stayin for at least another season if everything goes well in the league this time round... ;)

Roo69
14/09/2004, 10:55 AM
Theres no doubt that if devo goes tony mcguirk,a man very passionate about bray will take over. but i really don't believe devo will leave especially if we get promoted.. Rumour suggests that tarzan will be stayin for at least another season if everything goes well in the league this time round... ;)

Good news on both accounts ! McGuirk knows the club almost a swell as Devo so would be a good move, the only thing i would worry about is McGuirks involvement with the Irish underage set up, would this mean him being away from Bray much ? could harm the team if he was. Would like to see Finno being promoted to his number 2, doing an absolutey fantastic job with the 21's.

Sure this is all only sepculation anyway, Devo aint going any where !

KR's Post
14/09/2004, 11:04 AM
Ye finno gr8 manager,working wonders with the lads in the u21.. You're right anyway devo aint goin anywhere. same speculation every year...

Roo69
20/09/2004, 10:36 AM
Anyone got any ideas who we should sign if/when we go up? I reckon we should move for Robbie Doyle as surely being a local and with premier division football to offer he'd sign? I also think we should then move to bring Pip Keogh back though don't know if the club would want him back??

Gary O'Neil would be a great signing

vindiesel
21/09/2004, 1:45 PM
Gary O'Neil would be a great signing

and what about the french guy from galway damien dupuy?

Roo69
21/09/2004, 2:22 PM
and what about the french guy from galway damien dupuy?

I dont think he is any better than we already have where as O'Neil is