PDA

View Full Version : Who from here is on Twitter then?

Pages : [1] 2

Pauro 76
24/11/2012, 9:37 PM
@padrageous for all your cr@p punning needs.

NeverFeltBetter
24/11/2012, 9:56 PM
@NFBblog (https://twitter.com/NFBblog) I tweet about a wide range of stuff apart from football, so forewarned.

SkStu
24/11/2012, 10:27 PM
@CunningStu for an account that is never used!

tetsujin1979
25/11/2012, 3:40 PM
@tetsujin1979 for my person account, usually whatever I'm thinking at the time
@irish_abroad for all goals, yellow and red cards for Irish players as they happen

nigel-harps1954
25/11/2012, 3:46 PM
@teddyballetband is all I use it for, and it's not really very often. Tis a handy aul yoke for promoting gigs and such though.

theworm2345
26/11/2012, 4:55 AM
If you're here promoting a business/public use account thats one thing, but if you're here promoting your personal account...have you no shame?

BonnieShels
26/11/2012, 7:59 AM
@CunningStu for an account that is never used!

It's remarkable to see how rarely I use it.

Up until I started reviewing comedy gigs in Sept this year the last tweet was about Borussia Dortmund in the CL 2011-2012

It's @jmslevin should ye ever be bored enough to watch paint dry.

dahamsta
26/11/2012, 10:32 AM
All 3 of my Twitter accounts are fully automated, from my blog or indeed from here. I accept that I need them for promotional/marketing purposes, but I think the entire premise of Twitter is utterly retarded. Same goes for Facebook, with the added annoyance that the owner is the biggest douche on the planet.

Wolfie
26/11/2012, 12:45 PM
I'm on there @OlanDevine.

That's not a typo. First name is Olan. A Cork name apparently.

Feel free to follow. I tend to tweet a lot besides football, so up to yourself etc.

Sean South
27/11/2012, 3:39 PM
All 3 of my Twitter accounts are fully automated, from my blog or indeed from here. I accept that I need them for promotional/marketing purposes, but I think the entire premise of Twitter is utterly retarded. Same goes for Facebook, with the added annoyance that the owner is the biggest douche on the planet.
More or less the same with forums or blogs.

I'd say twitter is one of the reasons this forum is dead these days.

dahamsta
27/11/2012, 3:59 PM
I see "this forum is dead" a lot, usually from trolls and haters. Every now and then I check. It's never, ever been right.

To be fair, there hasn't been any growth this year, but there hasn't been any fall-off either. About the same as last year, on average.

Either way, twitter sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls.

Mr A
27/11/2012, 4:26 PM
I never saw the point of twitter until I did, and now I think it's rather good. If you put a bit of work in and follow people likely to say and link to stuff you're interested in then it's pretty cool.

dahamsta
27/11/2012, 4:53 PM
That's fine until they start wittering on about completely uninteresting stuff, which always happens. And my attention span hasn't reduced quite as far as 140 chars yet. I guess I'm just old and cranky.

SkStu
27/11/2012, 5:59 PM
I see "this forum is dead" a lot, usually from trolls and haters. Every now and then I check. It's never, ever been right.

To be fair, there hasn't been any growth this year, but there hasn't been any fall-off either. About the same as last year, on average.

Im honestly surprised by that, and i say that as neither a troll nor a hater. Do you look at visitors? New/Dormant accounts? Do you have the ability to compare # of posts this year vs previous years? I think that is where i notice the difference the most.

Sean South
27/11/2012, 6:17 PM
Im honestly surprised by that, and i say that as neither a troll nor a hater. Do you look at visitors? New/Dormant accounts? Do you have the ability to compare # of posts this year vs previous years? I think that is where i notice the difference the most.

Haters? Ok Snoop Dogg maybe dying would be a better way to describe this place compared to three or four years ago. Badly needs new users I find alot (not them all of course) of the regular users would suck the sweat off a dead man's balls.

Dodge
28/11/2012, 9:54 AM
I never saw the point of twitter until I did, and now I think it's rather good. If you put a bit of work in and follow people likely to say and link to stuff you're interested in then it's pretty cool.

Twitter is definitely what you make of it. Some use it as a replacement RSS feed and get news and info that way. Some use it to chat with their mates. Some use it for stuff like needs immediacy like live score or traffic reports. Some as a way of sharing their ideas, opinions etc. And the best use a combination of all four.

The advantage over the likes of here is that you don't have to wade through pages and pages of bull to find the 1/2 posters you think know what they're talking about. I follow fans of most LOI clubs, and find twitter a far better way of keeping up to date with the league.

Wolfie
28/11/2012, 10:09 AM
Twitter is definitely what you make of it. Some use it as a replacement RSS feed and get news and info that way. Some use it to chat with their mates. Some use it for stuff like needs immediacy like live score or traffic reports. Some as a way of sharing their ideas, opinions etc. And the best use a combination of all four.

Good points above. I find Twitter a great "one stop shop" for all of the 4 strands of activity mentioned above.

If you're discerning in who you're following its quite a useful medium for topics of your interest.

Neish
28/11/2012, 1:00 PM
@Neish80 but don't use it that often may check it once a week. Not a fan of the way your homepage is full of crap every time some uses the @ or # tagging someone or something you're following (say for instance Barcelona FC) Very hard to sort the useful information for the cr*p, or is there a way to filter this?

Dodge
28/11/2012, 1:09 PM
@Neish80 but don't use it that often may check it once a week. Not a fan of the way your homepage is full of crap every time some uses the @ or # tagging someone or something you're following (say for instance Barcelona FC) Very hard to sort the useful information for the cr*p, or is there a way to filter this?

Not really sure what you mean. If someone tweets @something you'll only see it if you follow both that person and the @something person. The #hashtag things are usually tacked on to the end of something but again, if you're just chekcing your timeline you'll only see updates from people you follow

dahamsta
28/11/2012, 2:50 PM

Was going by posts on this occasion, it's a better stat because of the aforementioned dormant accounts. However our dormant accounts number is much more accurate than most sites, because I purge 0-post >30 day users around once a month. In my experience, these account for at least a quarter of user numbers on other sites.

No, I don't know why anyone would sign up to a website, never post, and then never come back.

nigel-harps1954
28/11/2012, 4:28 PM
I was signed up here for about a good 3/4 of a year with only 2 or 3 posts at the start. More so for reading and keeping up to date easier.

thischarmingman
08/01/2013, 11:35 PM
@martininsydney

Acornvilla
13/01/2013, 5:19 PM
@BarryMasterson I'm terribly interesting!

Charlie Darwin
13/01/2013, 5:45 PM
I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the knowledge that you people exist in the real world with real names and everything.

DannyInvincible
13/01/2013, 5:48 PM
I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the knowledge that you people exist in the real world with real names and everything.

Are you suggesting Charlie Darwin isn't your real name?!

Charlie Darwin
13/01/2013, 6:03 PM
Are you suggesting Charlie Darwin isn't your real name?!
What do you think? :)

Acornvilla
13/01/2013, 6:07 PM
Yeah I always find it weird when you see a picture of someone or see their real name after having just known a username for so long, but still ser, feel free to creep on me.

Paddyfield
13/01/2013, 6:25 PM
@paulgaillimh

I have an account for around 2 years but only started appreciating Twitter in recent months.

Crosby87
16/01/2013, 11:30 AM
Any fave funny celebs on twitter? Mike Tyson has his moments. ALso led me to believe there are actually some funny female comedians. (Hard to believe I know.)

BonnieShels
16/01/2013, 11:41 AM
Any fave funny celebs on twitter? Mike Tyson has his moments. ALso led me to believe there are actually some funny female comedians. (Hard to believe I know.)

Was reviewing a gig last night. There were 3 female comedians...

...there were some male comedians too.

peadar1987
16/01/2013, 12:02 PM
Was going by posts on this occasion, it's a better stat because of the aforementioned dormant accounts. However our dormant accounts number is much more accurate than most sites, because I purge 0-post >30 day users around once a month. In my experience, these account for at least a quarter of user numbers on other sites.

No, I don't know why anyone would sign up to a website, never post, and then never come back.

Edit: Completely misunderstood the post because of the unfortunate positioning of a line break!

tetsujin1979
16/01/2013, 8:54 PM
Shappi Khorsandi is pretty good - @ShappiKhorsandi
Talking a lot about being pregnant lately.

Crosby87
16/01/2013, 10:17 PM
That's a good one Tets.
Mindy Kaling has been killing Anne Hathaway, for her giraffe neck. Sounds funnier when she makes fun of it.

thischarmingman
16/01/2013, 11:41 PM
I'd like to share some of my favs:

@Lettersofnote
@Banksyideas*
@caitlinmoran
@the_bigsam*
@revrichardcoles
@prodnose (Danny Baker)
@ponderingllama

*Two of the funniest accounts you can follow.

Spudulika
17/01/2013, 8:12 AM
Our company is up @hismanagement My partner and colleagues usually look after it, I enjoyed the Joey Barton rant the other night, but I usually just check in for client updates or for seeing what's happening with Paddy Power (they have the best pics at times).

Got some dodgy experiences with FB thanks to an ex, just put up pics for the family at home of the kids.

BonnieShels
17/01/2013, 9:19 AM
Our company is up @hismanagement My partner and colleagues usually look after it, I enjoyed the Joey Barton rant the other night, but I usually just check in for client updates or for seeing what's happening with Paddy Power (they have the best pics at times).

Got some dodgy experiences with FB thanks to an ex, just put up pics for the family at home of the kids.

Who doesn't. I actively use the block feature. It makes for some strange reading when people who are mutual friends reply and you can't see what theya re replying to.

Crosby87
17/01/2013, 11:40 AM
Mike Tyson: Ive worked hard for everything I have but I dont have everything Ive worked for.

The man is not stupid.

tetsujin1979
17/01/2013, 8:16 PM
@SeinfeldToday is a must if you liked the show

BonnieShels
17/01/2013, 8:37 PM

After I followed you all there on Twitter I now feel the same way. Like when I met Stutts in Berlin and travelled to Poznan with him.

Crosby87
17/01/2013, 10:47 PM
Thats awkward at first. I mean do you shake hands? Then make small talk? Bro hug it out? Gossip about other foot.ie members? Confide your real names?

Charlie Darwin
17/01/2013, 10:49 PM
I assume they just sat down and sent each other PMs.

BonnieShels
18/01/2013, 8:59 AM
Thats awkward at first. I mean do you shake hands? Then make small talk? Bro hug it out? Gossip about other foot.ie members? Confide your real names?

There was a handshake... Can't remember much after that as I was on the way to the Euros.

elroy
18/01/2013, 6:32 PM
Am a fan of twitter for ease and quick info. Some people are very good to follow, others are a right pain in the ass (e.g. Ian Poulter, used to follow but he becomes insufferable after a while. Id add Rio Ferdinand to that as well). As for me, I tend to just read but Im @TomShrn

BonnieShels
18/01/2013, 7:52 PM
Noooooooooo; another face seen!

tetsujin1979
18/01/2013, 10:28 PM
Not sure how many here would be comic book fans, but Rob Liefeld is worth a follow @robliefeld
not the brightest penny in the fountain, or the most well liked, but he's enthusiasm can't be beat

Wangball
05/02/2013, 3:23 PM
Long time since I've posted here, have been more of an arm chair fan of Foot!

Twitter is really what you make of it, my thing is @E_Diddy and I tweet about a load of different guff, good distraction when you're deskbound!

BonnieShels
05/02/2013, 3:35 PM
Long time since I've posted here, have been more of an arm chair fan of Foot!

Twitter is really what you make of it, my thing is @E_Diddy and I tweet about a load of different guff, good distraction when you're deskbound!

Barstooler!

:P

Wangball
06/02/2013, 3:34 PM
Barstooler!

:P

Some things never change!!! ;);)

BonnieShels
06/02/2013, 11:32 PM
It was begging for that response.

Mad Moose
24/03/2013, 12:59 PM

I recently disaboled my Facebook account. Had been contemplating doing so for a while. Really only used it as an amusement and so never put anything too serious on it. I think I just outgrew and outmatured it. Hated been told what to like and the whole concept of like is lazy and so detached. I also hated how people lived their lives out on it and though it was great to keep in touch with people I don't see anymore for whatever reason they generally can call me, email me or whatever.

I had a Twitter account and it was pants and I disabled it. I've now set up a less personable one which I'll use to share general day to day capers and fun I see and hear on a day to day basis. I'm selective on whom I follow as I haven't the time to read all the tweets of all whom I follow.

One thing I hate is the spam followers. It takes some time to block them as I generally don't want them following me to their own ends. @ImRedLen to find me.