PDA

View Full Version : Any Rumours on players

Pages : [1] 2

naoise kennedy
21/11/2012, 9:45 PM
Already we have seen pats and shamrock rovers planning for next season, today marty waters, shane o connor and kevin knight where down in sinnott autos for car launch, are these lads not out of contract at bray or have they signed back for next season, hopefully they and most of the other lads have also signed back for next season.. Any rumours going or any discussions even,,

KK77
22/11/2012, 11:07 AM
Wonder will Devo invest some of the cash he has made out of sending Irish players over the water?

naoise kennedy
25/11/2012, 2:19 PM
At least 3 bray players have been approached by other clubs, offering more money, these players told bray this 3/4 weeks ago but still no response from the club yet,, how long are these players meant to wait for bray to come back to them,,, at least 1 of these player's will be signing to another club next week..

Bray Head
26/11/2012, 9:35 AM
Why are you surprised. It will be the same as last year when Bray start signing players in January & February that have not been picked up by other clubs. That's how we lost Prendergast last year as he could not wait for Bray and had a firm offer from Drogheda.
Anyway, how many of the Bray squad will get regular games at other clubs. Just look a Jake Kelly. He was one of the main players at Bray but rarely featured for St. Pat's from the start last season.

Captain2007
26/11/2012, 9:38 PM
PFAI transfer list updated today 11 Bray players & a couple of Ex. players........Waters,Marshall, Kelly, Hanlon, Doyle, Massey, Mitchell, S. O Connor, Butler, Dwane, Kane all on the list... Coughlan & Foran Dundalk.
I heard we have signed back the entire squad from last season although the list above would make you think otherwise.
Gormley & Lawlor gone from coaching staff, Bray could not even afford to pay their expenses.

naoise kennedy
26/11/2012, 10:19 PM
PFAI transfer list updated today 11 Bray players & a couple of Ex. players........Waters,Marshall, Kelly, Hanlon, Doyle, Massey, Mitchell, S. O Connor, Butler, Dwane, Kane all on the list... Coughlan & Foran Dundalk.
I heard we have signed back the entire squad from last season although the list above would make you think otherwise.
Gormley & Lawlor gone from coaching staff, Bray could not even afford to pay their expenses.

I heard that 2 of the above plus another player have been offered contracts with other clubs..keeping alot of last season squad would be an achievement.. unfortunately nobody will know untill its official from the club..

Albatross
26/11/2012, 10:48 PM

But there is 80K still somewhere in the kitty from the transfer fee because it certainly has not been spent in other areas.

Bray Head
27/11/2012, 9:30 AM

Does that mean that the likes of Quigley, Danny & Kevin O'Connor, Webster, Jason Byrne have re-signed if they are not on the list.

Captain2007
27/11/2012, 11:54 AM
Does that mean that the likes of Quigley, Danny & Kevin O'Connor, Webster, Jason Byrne have re-signed if they are not on the list.

You would like to think so, although there is a lot of miles on the clock on the afformentioned, how much more can Danny & Jay give ?.. would have thought keeping Marty a priority and some of the younger players. Looks as if we will be picking up the leftovers in Feb again.We really don't have a pot to **** in..

Hulsey
27/11/2012, 11:55 AM

My understanding is that a player has to ask to be put on the list so wouldn't definatly mean that we have them signed. Heres hoping though

KK77
27/11/2012, 1:30 PM
You would like to think so, although there is a lot of miles on the clock on the afformentioned, how much more can Danny & Jay give ?.. would have thought keeping Marty a priority and some of the younger players. Looks as if we will be picking up the leftovers in Feb again.We really don't have a pot to **** in..

No unless Mr Bray digs us out!

Roo69
29/11/2012, 12:46 PM
My understanding is that a player has to ask to be put on the list so wouldn't definatly mean that we have them signed. Heres hoping though

Majority of the times that is right but they have been known to also put players on it without asking and also putting players on it that have already signed for a club

Grey Boy
30/11/2012, 3:15 PM
I see John Mulroy has gone to the states. So that's him gone for next season. Can't understand why this stuff isn't on our official website.

Seagull
30/11/2012, 3:20 PM
I see John Mulroy has gone to the states. So that's him gone for next season. Can't understand why this stuff isn't on our official website.
Best of luck to John, hope he prospers in the States.

peadar1987
30/11/2012, 6:38 PM

Is he playing football over there or has he just emigrated?

Grey Boy
02/12/2012, 7:36 AM
Is he playing football over there or has he just emigrated?

He's going to study over there.

Captain2007
03/12/2012, 9:08 AM
Danny & Kevin O Connor, Jason Byrne, Marty Waters are staying with Bray.Pat should be able to build a team around these experienced player's.How good a team remains to be seen with little finances at his disposal,most certainly need to improve on last year's league position or it will be another long season ahead.

naoise kennedy
03/12/2012, 1:52 PM
Danny & Kevin O Connor, Jason Byrne, Marty Waters are staying with Bray.Pat should be able to build a team around these experienced player's.How good a team remains to be seen with little finances at his disposal,most certainly need to improve on last year's league position or it will be another long season ahead.

Thats not a bad start,,

naoise kennedy
03/12/2012, 11:13 PM
Adam Hanlon gone to shelbourne,,,

Roo69
04/12/2012, 8:26 AM
Adam Hanlon gone to shelbourne,,,

Great news ! Had absolutely no end ball, can't remember the last time i saw him pick a player out with a cross. Presume they have brought him in as a replacement for Kavanagh, Easily better players out there they could have replaced him with.

naoise kennedy
04/12/2012, 3:18 PM
Great news ! Had absolutely no end ball, can't remember the last time i saw him pick a player out with a cross. Presume they have brought him in as a replacement for Kavanagh, Easily better players out there they could have replaced him with.

Any idea if Dean Marshall has signed back,,much better player than Adam..

Albatross
05/12/2012, 12:39 PM
ET: Derry City snap up Houston Derry City have confirmed the signing of Sean Houston on a one-year contract.

http://foot.ie/threads/174689-ET-Derry-City-snap-up-Houston

naoise kennedy
05/12/2012, 3:56 PM
ET: Derry City snap up Houston

Derry City have confirmed the signing of Sean Houston on a one-year contract.

http://foot.ie/threads/174689-ET-Derry-City-snap-up-Houston

Sean did blow hot and cold during matches but still would have liked to hang on to him...

Albatross
05/12/2012, 5:24 PM
ET: October 29, 2012

Of course, the burning question is whether the Bray Wanderers supremo will remain in charge for season 2013 however, the former Shamrock Rovers striker didn't give a definitive answer!

"Are you trying to get a scoop?! We'll leave that for another day."

Is there any word on this? Obviously someone is still needed with the coaching badges and with bridges burned with Keith Long and Eddie Gormley is there anyone else in the pipeline.

Captain2007
05/12/2012, 6:11 PM
ET: October 29, 2012

Is there any word on this? Obviously someone is still needed with the coaching badges and with bridges burned with Keith Long and Eddie Gormley is there anyone else in the pipeline.

AFAIK Dave Mackey is currently doing his Pro-Badge and would be a option, although refused to work with first team last season due to work commitments.Ideally suited for Pat as he is a yes man.

Roo69
06/12/2012, 7:53 AM
When Devo does step down (when ever that is...) It would be nice to see the club appoint someone who has no connections to the club i think, it would give everyone a fresh start. If it was to happen for the coming season i'd like to see Pat Scully get the job. But until that happens i don't think there is anyone better suited to the Bray job than Devo.

KK77
06/12/2012, 8:11 AM
When Devo does step down (when ever that is...) It would be nice to see the club appoint someone who has no connections to the club i think, it would give everyone a fresh start. If it was to happen for the coming season i'd like to see Pat Scully get the job. But until that happens i don't think there is anyone better suited to the Bray job than Devo.

I would 100% agree with appointing someone outside the club and also Pat Scully. If this happens i would hope Devo would have little or no involvement in the club to allow the new man get on with the job. Though if Devo wanted to throw a few euros at the club that would be allowed!

Albatross
07/12/2012, 11:04 AM
I would 100% agree with appointing someone outside the club and also Pat Scully. If this happens i would hope Devo would have little or no involvement in the club to allow the new man get on with the job. Though if Devo wanted to throw a few euros at the club that would be allowed!

Maybe it's time for Devo to move on and allow someone else to do the job. Keith Long now has the experience and should be given the chance to manage without interference. That would mean resigning his title as Director of Football too. If he wants to assist the club he could act as a fundraiser, I'm sure he has many wealthy friends and he has lots of influence in the footballing world, he could do more for the club that way. It's time to pass on the baton and give someone else a chance. Will it happen? Unlikely!!!

KK77
12/12/2012, 10:13 AM
Maybe it's time for Devo to move on and allow someone else to do the job. Keith Long now has the experience and should be given the chance to manage without interference. That would mean resigning his title as Director of Football too. If he wants to assist the club he could act as a fundraiser, I'm sure he has many wealthy friends and he has lots of influence in the footballing world, he could do more for the club that way. It's time to pass on the baton and give someone else a chance. Will it happen? Unlikely!!!

I think if Keith Long was in charge Devo would be in his ear. I would prefer someone outside the club to come in. Pat Scully as mentioned would be a good bet. If Roddy Collins was available he would have been a good shout. Devo would defo have no influcence then! LOL

I think Damien Duff said he will play in the LOI when he returns to Ireland so maybe Devo could stick him for a few quid until that day and throw a few bob in himself to help out but being honest neither are mugs.

Dillonman
12/12/2012, 12:51 PM
Lads we signed Dane massey yday, any good?

Roo69
12/12/2012, 1:05 PM

Very disappointing to hear Dane has left us... Good solid left full and always gives 100%, extremely fit and has a great never give up attitude. He used him a few times in CM last season and i thought he was brilliant there too. Sad to see him leave but he has been a great servant to the club over the past few years so best of luck to him.

KK77
12/12/2012, 2:27 PM
I heard flip flop Doyle is playing locally. Would he be worth signing? I know, i know but needs must!

Seagull
12/12/2012, 3:34 PM

Worst passer of the ball I've ever seen, good luck to him!

Martinho II
12/12/2012, 5:39 PM
I heard flip flop Doyle is playing locally. Would he be worth signing? I know, i know but needs must!

are you referring to ex longford town player daire doyle??

Captain2007
12/12/2012, 6:04 PM

Would not entirely agree with Roo, yes a fit lad with great commitement and always gave a 100%.
IMO I would not play him in any defensive role (poor tackler - ball watcher- could not read the beano) on the plus for ye Dillionman, good attacking mid-fielder and a sweet left-peg for dead ball set-pieces and a good honest lad. What he lacks in defensive qualities, I am sure Stephen sees other aspects of his game which will benefit Dundalk.

Captain2007
12/12/2012, 6:07 PM
are you referring to ex longford town player daire doyle??

Could be Robbie Doyle he is referring to as he lives local..

Grey Boy
12/12/2012, 7:37 PM
Worst passer of the ball I've ever seen, good luck to him!

Really suprised at that description of Dane. Great player, gutted to see him go. All the best Dane. Dundalk will be formidable under Stephen Kenny this season.

peadar1987
13/12/2012, 8:59 AM
Always thought Dane was a very consistent performer for us, I'm sorry to see him go, especially as I'm not sure we have someone as good or better to replace him. He always put in a good shift, and even though he was usually a full back, was surprisingly good in the air.

I never thought his passing was that bad either. He was no Gary Dempsey, but he wasn't noticeably worse than the bulk of the team.

lowflyingseagul
13/12/2012, 12:21 PM
good at set piece both delivery and shooting

gull_wing
14/12/2012, 4:13 PM
The club seem to be making no comment on the web site, have any players been signed?

Dillonman
15/12/2012, 11:07 AM
Cheers lads for the info.

Green&whitearmy
16/12/2012, 10:12 AM
Danny and Kevin o Connor, daire, Marty, quigley, Webbie, Hugh Douglas and Gary dempsey have all signed. I heard from a very good source.

Martinho II
16/12/2012, 5:06 PM
I am a bit surprised that Gary Dempsey is back with ye again..I thought that he was happy at Waterford Utd..

Captain2007
16/12/2012, 6:49 PM
I am a bit surprised that Gary Dempsey is back with ye again..I thought that he was happy at Waterford Utd..

Maybe losing the play-off final made up his decision, definately too good for Div 1, also Bray a lot closer too home (Wicklow) than Waterford 20 min v 90 min drive. Good to see the back-bone of last seasons squad sign back and with the addition of Gary and hopefully a couple of more signings we should be at least competitive.

Albatross
16/12/2012, 7:58 PM
Danny and Kevin o Connor, daire, Marty, quigley, Webbie, Hugh Douglas and Gary dempsey have all signed. I heard from a very good source.

The club have confirmed none of this so is it fact or rumor, why don't the club let the fans know whats going on? You would have thought that if a player of Gary Dempsey's quality was back it would be on the web-site.

naoise kennedy
16/12/2012, 9:47 PM

You can add Kevin Knight,Jason Byrne and Shane O Connor to the list also..

Roo69
17/12/2012, 9:12 AM

From what i hear he actually wanted to sign for us during the transfer window last summer. He was at a large number of our games last season and when he was up to drop his player of the year trophy back up is is known to have said "sure i might as well keep it, i'll be winning it next season again" :D

Danny and Kevin O'Connor, Daire Doyle, Marty Waters, Darren Quigley, Dave Webster, Jason Byrne, Kevin Knight, Shane O'Connor plus Hugh Douglas and Gary Dempsey. Not a bad starting point at all.... There's an excellent spine to a good solid team there, but we need to strengthen at the back though.

naoise kennedy
29/12/2012, 5:56 PM
From what i hear he actually wanted to sign for us during the transfer window last summer. He was at a large number of our games last season and when he was up to drop his player of the year trophy back up is is known to have said "sure i might as well keep it, i'll be winning it next season again" :D

Danny and Kevin O'Connor, Daire Doyle, Marty Waters, Darren Quigley, Dave Webster, Jason Byrne, Kevin Knight, Shane O'Connor plus Hugh Douglas and Gary Dempsey. Not a bad starting point at all.... There's an excellent spine to a good solid team there, but we need to strengthen at the back though.

Have these players defo signed up,, still hereing rumours that quigley has gone to shels...

Roo69
04/01/2013, 8:39 AM
Don't know, just going by what's being said on here. Would be a MASSIVE blow to lose Quigley. Shels have lost Delaney to Bohs so there could well be some truth in it as they will need to find a replacement for him

naoise kennedy
04/01/2013, 3:23 PM
Don't know, just going by what's being said on here. Would be a MASSIVE blow to lose Quigley. Shels have lost Delaney to Bohs so there could well be some truth in it as they will need to find a replacement for him

Lee Dixon gone to Athlone...