PDA

View Full Version : Any Rumours on players

Pages : 1 [2]

BrayUnknowns
09/01/2013, 9:49 AM
Did Quigley not sign a new contract before Christmas? For some reason i seem to have it in my head that he had it up on his facebook status... could be wrong on that though.

Dixon is no loss, did nothing when with us last season, would have liked to have held on to Marshall though, looked decent any time he played and a much better end product than Hanlon.

Roo69
09/01/2013, 1:27 PM
Mulroy is back in Ireland, Florida didn't work out for him and he has said that he will most likely sign back for Bray. Fingers crossed !

ahmcd
09/01/2013, 8:28 PM
Hugh Douglas has re-signed for UCD (not coming so). Gary Dempsey confirms he has signed for Bray.

Martinho II
09/01/2013, 8:32 PM
Any reason why Gary Dempsey is back with ye lads? Is it cos Waterfords budget is cut?

Captain2007
09/01/2013, 8:55 PM
Any reason why Gary Dempsey is back with ye lads? Is it cos Waterfords budget is cut?

More and likely travelling distance...tough with 2 young kids making long journeys to Waterford and with Bray a lot closer to home.

nigel-harps1954
10/01/2013, 12:40 AM
And Premier division football maybe?

Bray Head
10/01/2013, 10:16 AM
Hugh Douglas has re-signed for UCD (not coming so). Gary Dempsey confirms he has signed for Bray.

Nothing on club web site about Dempsey signing.

Captain2007
10/01/2013, 2:26 PM
Nothing on club web site about Dempsey signing.

surely you are not expecting announcements from our website....:)

Roo69
10/01/2013, 3:27 PM
Was talking to the club and they will make an announcement when the majority of the squad is signed up, won't be releasing it in drips and drabs. Hopefully within the next week or so.

Grey Boy
10/01/2013, 6:41 PM
Was talking to the club and they will make an announcement when the majority of the squad is signed up, won't be releasing it in drips and drabs. Hopefully within the next week or so.
Jesus, why? Would knowing how many and who has signed up not help season ticket sales. Very short sighted.

Bray Head
10/01/2013, 8:26 PM

I can't understand the reasoning behind this. The club's PR is terrible. I would have thought releasing info when players signed would boost the fans hopes and also lead to season tickets been sold.

starryknight
10/01/2013, 8:49 PM
I can't understand the reasoning behind this. The club's PR is terrible. I would have thought releasing info when players signed would boost the fans hopes and also lead to season tickets been sold.

The club has never had to do this in previous seasons so why this year?
I'd say no one has been signed for the club as they are all waiting to see if the club gets a license.
The February deadline approaches and there are a lot of questions to answer before they get a licence.

Roo69
11/01/2013, 7:51 AM

I've said that too in the past, if a players signs then release the news is the way i look at it. But in saying that, this is the way they do things and nout much we can do about it :) They have been burned in the past with players saying we'll sign, the club releasing a press statement and then the player not signing so i suppose they just want to cover themselves and do it all at once when they know the majority of the squad... Doesn't make things easy for the fans though.

Roo69
11/01/2013, 2:35 PM
Confirmed Signings:

Jason Byrne
Gary Dempsey (Waterford United)
Daire Doyle
Conor Early
Eoin Hyland (St. Patricks Athletic)
Kevin Knight
Danny O’Connor
Kevin O’Connor
Shane O’Connor
Paul Moffatt
John Mulroy
Darren Quigley
Kieran Marty Waters
Dave Webster
Dean Zambra
Bidemi Afolabi (Clongowes Wood)
Colm Begley
Paul Clifford
David Crosbie
Conor Ffrench
Timothy Hawe
Neil O’Kane
Ed McDonagh
Ryan Matthews
Gerald Pender
Adrian Rafferty
Brian Kane
Ismahil Akinade
Stephen McGuinness

Dodge
11/01/2013, 2:47 PM
Has Hyland moved for good or is he on loan from Pats?

rathdrumgull
12/01/2013, 2:01 PM
Has Adam Mitchell not resigned ?

Roo69
14/01/2013, 7:46 AM
Yeah Dodge, AFAIK he has... Any info on him?

On going talks with Mitch from what i hear. Fingers crossed he signs on again.

Devo was in the paper saying a few lads are coming on trial and they are also in talks with a few other players at the moment too so there will be more players coming in before the season starts.

lowflyingseagul
14/01/2013, 12:24 PM
Confirmed Signings:

Jason Byrne
Gary Dempsey (Waterford United)
Daire Doyle
Conor Early
Eoin Hyland (St. Patricks Athletic)
Kevin Knight
Danny O’Connor
Kevin O’Connor
Shane O’Connor
Paul Moffatt
John Mulroy
Darren Quigley
Kieran Marty Waters
Dave Webster
Dean Zambra
Bidemi Afolabi (Clongowes Wood)
Colm Begley
Paul Clifford
David Crosbie
Conor Ffrench
Timothy Hawe
Neil O’Kane
Ed McDonagh
Ryan Matthews
Gerald Pender
Adrian Rafferty
Brian Kane
Ismahil Akinade
Stephen McGuinness

and then all was ok :) decent squad

Bawnville Hoop
14/01/2013, 9:22 PM
Hi lads, I'm looking for the following players positions, any help would be much appreciated!

Paul Clifford
Conor French
Timothy Hawe
Neil O’Kane
Ed McDonagh
Ryan Matthews
Adrian Rafferty
Bidemi Afolabi

lowflyingseagul
15/01/2013, 10:25 AM
Bidemi Afolabi is a striker as far as im aware

Martinho II
15/01/2013, 6:51 PM
Ex Longford town goalkeeper from last season Craig Hyland is linked with Bray Wanderers acc to todays Sun.

Roo69
16/01/2013, 1:12 PM
Ex Longford town goalkeeper from last season Craig Hyland is linked with Bray Wanderers acc to todays Sun.

Think this is the same guy he had a few years ago as a teenager. We have 2 keepers already signed up for the 1st team squad so would be surprised if we signed another one considering we need to add defenders to the squad first.

naoise kennedy
30/01/2013, 7:44 PM
Great to have Shane o neill and Mitch back again..

Roo69
31/01/2013, 10:51 AM
Great to have Shane o neill and Mitch back again..

Yeah great news, especially on Mitch. Hopefully Shane can recapture his form from a few seasons ago

Dodge
31/01/2013, 11:18 AM
Yeah Dodge, AFAIK he has... Any info on him?

Sorry missed this. Eoin's a right back. Played for Ireland schools for the past couple of years. never played in the leageu for us but played twice in the Leinster Senior Cup last year. He initally signed for the under 19s in 2011.

Small and quick, he has the typical full back build. He's still only 18 (19 in July). He was with Belvedere before that

Roo69
31/01/2013, 2:13 PM
Sorry missed this. Eoin's a right back. Played for Ireland schools for the past couple of years. never played in the leageu for us but played twice in the Leinster Senior Cup last year. He initally signed for the under 19s in 2011.

Small and quick, he has the typical full back build. He's still only 18 (19 in July). He was with Belvedere before that

Cheers Dodge

lowflyingseagul
02/02/2013, 7:19 PM
3 signed from Leinster senior league

Bawnville Hoop
22/02/2013, 12:51 AM
3 signed from Leinster senior league

Is Paul Malone the same player who was with Wexford Youths?

Roo69
22/02/2013, 10:46 AM
Is Paul Malone the same player who was with Wexford Youths?

Not to sure, Played for us the other night, looked quite young, plays centre half. Not the tallest of lads but looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet.

benbulben
22/02/2013, 2:55 PM
Looks a decent squad now -first four games in League look tough-Shel will be up for it and Sligo away will tell us if we are up for it!
What time is the Wexford game ?

Bawnville Hoop
26/02/2013, 8:56 AM
Is Peter Thomas the midfielder who was with Dundalk last year? From what I gather he's now with Athlone and both players are just quite similar!

Roo69
26/02/2013, 10:16 AM
I'm getting confused myself with the new lads... We signed non League lads.

Goalkeeper Sean Holmes signs from Cherry Orchard (LSL)
Midfielder Paul Malone signs from Belgrove FC (LSL)
Centre Half Peter Thomas signs from Landen United (AUL)

Seagull
06/03/2013, 8:26 PM
Braywanderers.ie:
Bray Wanderers are pleased to announce that Danny Joyce has joined the club. 20 year old Joyce joins Wanderers having played for Bohemians in the 2012 season when he made 8 appearance's.

A former Ireland U17 International he had a spell with Reading who he joined from Belvedere.

Dillonman
06/03/2013, 9:04 PM
Pewter Thomas was with us last year, came through the youths, hes a Dublin lad. Was drafted into the full team last year and made alot of sub appearances, Very raw and has alot to learn, got booked alot for stupid tackles. Can play in defence or midfield. He was training with Athlone before Roddy had to cut his squad, hes not cut out for this level IMO. Doubt he was with Landen though as that then puts him into the 3 club rule in one season!