PDA

View Full Version : Bray Vs. Dublin City

Roo69
09/09/2004, 2:42 PM
Next Sunday @ 3pm in the Carlisle.
Also playing the under 21's tonight, well more of a kick about to try and keep them sharp

KR's Post
09/09/2004, 3:23 PM
Oh brilliiant thanks alot... Give roddy collins a bit of stick,and his dinosaur players!!! What time is Kickoff tonight??

Sheridan
09/09/2004, 3:38 PM
Oh brilliiant thanks alot... Give roddy collins a bit of stick,and his dinosaur players!!! What time is Kickoff tonight??
:rolleyes: As I pointed out, the average age of the players Roddy has brought in is 26. In fact, I daresay we have more players who are still eligible for Under-21 football in our first team than almost anyone in the division.

I hear Gormley is a doubt due to a twisted zimmerframe. :p

KR's Post
09/09/2004, 3:46 PM
Palmer,Ekoku,Rowlands!!!! oh ye there all under 26!! Average age i couldnt give a S**t. What are your average points per game this season!! :p Ah yous will enjoy sligo next year they've a great stand up there... not that any dublin fans will be there. yous are getting what yous deserve after what Robbie 'cheating' Farrell did diving in the box to entice the ref into giving use a pen..

Roo69
09/09/2004, 3:52 PM
:rolleyes: As I pointed out, the average age of the players Roddy has brought in is 26. In fact, I daresay we have more players who are still eligible for Under-21 football in our first team than almost anyone in the division.

I hear Gormley is a doubt due to a twisted zimmerframe. :p

Palmer, Nesovic, O'Connor and Ekoku are all players that spring to mind when i think of Zimerframes :D We have 11 or so players in our 1st team squad ALL still eligable for the U21's.

Not sure about tonights match ? 7.30/7.45 i'd reckon

Sheridan
09/09/2004, 4:24 PM
Palmer,Ekoku,Rowlands!!!! oh ye there all under 26!! Average age i couldnt give a S**t. What are your average points per game this season!! :p Ah yous will enjoy sligo next year they've a great stand up there... not that any dublin fans will be there. yous are getting what yous deserve after what Robbie 'cheating' Farrell did diving in the box to entice the ref into giving use a pen..
Muppet. FWIW, Palmer and Ekoku won't be playing. From what I can decipher, you seem to be accusing Robbie Farrell of diving?? I'm not saying it was a penalty, but he didn't dive. He slipped.

Roo69
09/09/2004, 4:30 PM
Muppet. FWIW, Palmer and Ekoku won't be playing. From what I can decipher, you seem to be accusing Robbie Farrell of diving?? I'm not saying it was a penalty, but he didn't dive. He slipped.

Would have to agree with Sheridan there, he totally slipped ! no contact what so ever, Weso was a good foot away from him. But there was quite a lot of otyher cheatig monets during the match. But it was all down to the ref at the end of the day, that little boll*x from Cork (Buttimer i think ?) Just a few home town decisions !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Bur sure it's all different this season, where heading up, and well you know where DC are heading. In saying that have seen them play a few times this season and they have been very unlucky at times, ya's will stroll to the 1st division title next season if ya play like that, but i can see a mass exodus from DC when they go down so its hard to say

Roo69
10/09/2004, 8:15 AM
Next Sunday @ 3pm in the Carlisle.
Also playing the under 21's tonight, well more of a kick about to try and keep them sharp

Kick Off has been changed to 12

KR's Post
10/09/2004, 11:16 AM
Of course he slipped.. Just trying to wind you up sheridan!!! 12 o clock now.Ah i only get a little luy in now!! ;)

Roo69
10/09/2004, 1:11 PM
DC are also bringing a Full strength squad, that means Palmer and Ekoku will be playing as well

Sheridan
10/09/2004, 1:14 PM
DC are also bringing a Full strength squad, that means Palmer and Ekoku will be playing as well
Not according to Roddy yesterday:

"We'll look at adjusting our shape a little and they'll be useful exercises for us. Efan Ekoku, Carlton Palmer, Keith Rowland and Grant Cooper won't be involved while Adam Rundle is ruled out through injury."

It would seem a bit of an extravagance to bring them over for a friendly.

Roo69
10/09/2004, 1:20 PM
Not according to Roddy yesterday:

"We'll look at adjusting our shape a little and they'll be useful exercises for us. Efan Ekoku, Carlton Palmer, Keith Rowland and Grant Cooper won't be involved while Adam Rundle is ruled out through injury."

It would seem a bit of an extravagance to bring them over for a friendly.

Thats what i thought myself, but our GM was talking to Seery yesterdfay evening and he said that they where bringing a full strength squad out. sure it doesnt make much of a difference either way.

Roo69
10/09/2004, 1:23 PM

For any Bray fans interested, the 1st team drew 5 all with the U21's last night ! very entertaining ! it was even more entertaining seeing that Mo Farrell got 2 ! Grogan got 2 as well and Ryaner got the other. Cant remember who got the u21's goals - think McGrory got 2 and burke got 2 as well

KR's Post
10/09/2004, 1:37 PM
5-5. ah i shoulda went but the uncy said it was only a practice match!! mo mo super mo super maurice farrell.. defo goin sunday. just to get a game in this week!! they should have moved the cobh game to this week! only because il miss it of course!! did tarzan get player of the month???

Roo69
10/09/2004, 3:20 PM
5-5. ah i shoulda went but the uncy said it was only a practice match!! mo mo super mo super maurice farrell.. defo goin sunday. just to get a game in this week!! they should have moved the cobh game to this week! only because il miss it of course!! did tarzan get player of the month???

Yeah Tarzan got Player of the Month alright, fully deserved as well. He has been playing absolutey superb as of late.

KR's Post
10/09/2004, 3:27 PM
Well he' just in the right place at the right time.. i suppose he has to play out of his skin with so much competition up front with zayed, grogan floody, and fox i suppose. His best season in many a year...

Roo69
13/09/2004, 8:48 AM
Was'nt a bad game, plenty of attcking football from both sides with loads of chances. Ryan and Grogan scored for Bray, Nesovic for City, cant remember who got their 2nd.

Mixture of Bray's 1st and Under 21's played with Mick Roache, Barry McGrory and Maurice Dunne all playing VERY well. McGrory is already in the 1st team squad but would'nt be surprised to see the other 2 in it soon enough. On a bad note we picked up a few injuries, Flood, Manley and Tresson all left inuried in the 1st half.

Eamo played on the right for the 2nd half and was very good, made him work a lot more than he usually does and was tracking back, winning tackles and even headers ! looked a real threat any time he took on a defender and his crossing very pretty good as well.