PDA

View Full Version : Wireless mouse & keyboard with laptop

DeLorean
13/11/2012, 11:16 AM
Strange (possibly stupid) question I suppose.... are wireless mice (mouses?!) and keyboards compatible with laptops? They would be used when I hook the laptop up to the TV and don't want wires coming across the room.

dahamsta
13/11/2012, 12:19 PM
Can't see why not, particularly if it's Windows. Just plug the dongle in and go.

strangeirish
13/11/2012, 12:27 PM
Yes you can. I have a Logitech combo set I use with mine.

DeLorean
13/11/2012, 1:15 PM
Can't see why not, particularly if it's Windows. Just plug the dongle in and go.

I presume this 'dongle' comes with the wireless set and plugs into the laptop's USB port?

While I'm at it, what is the deal with these box type things that allow you to have internet on your TV? I've seen Sony do them, for one, and they retail at about €120? Is there some advantage compared to just hooking your laptop up to your TV? Do you have to have internet in the house already for them to work? Think they may be blu-ray players also.

I bought a HDMI-HDMI cable in one of those Dealz stores for €1.49, the cheapest I had seen in Harvey Norman was €12 !!

nigel-harps1954
13/11/2012, 2:03 PM
Just make sure your laptop has Bluetooth capabilities, or the mouse and keyboard come with a dongle. (which, yep, do plug in via USB)

I've always preferred wired to be honest though. Although when I had wireless keyboard and mouse for my old mac, it opened up a whole new realm of comfortable.

I'd stick with Laptop into the TV via VGA or HDMI if you're using wireless keyboard and mouse too. Smart TVs usually have some form of internet and I'm not a fan of them at all, it's like using internet through a Playstation or something.

Also, Dealz is an absolute beast of a shop.