PDA

View Full Version : Does the earth revolve around Ireland?

Uncle_Joe
11/11/2012, 7:18 PM
I was listening to an interview with Jurgan Klinsman talking about life in the US and how much he loves it and the thought struck me that during his stint as the German national couch he lived in the US as well and didn't attend Bundesliga games due to all the traveling it would entail, preferring to watch games on tv/video. Not so different to our own situation with Trapattoni.
Its also worth noting that Germany also had a humiliating defeat to England and the then manager Voller didn't quit, again not so different to our own situation with Trapattoni (actually I think it's much more humiliating to lose to Sven's England team than to lose to the present German team).

I'm not saying we're like Germany level wise, but after all the ranting and raving over the last few weeks I think it's good to take stock of where we are and realise that we are not breaking new ground in crapness and that other teams have been crap as well and like it or not we still have a decent chance to qualify from our group.

DannyInvincible
11/11/2012, 7:42 PM
Well, no, it doesn't revolve around Ireland, but as Irish people and supporters of the Ireland football team, the advancement of that football team is, naturally enough, of primary interest for us, irrespective of how or what other teams (including Germany) are doing. Just because others mightn't be doing some things right, doesn't mean we should rest on our laurels. There are plenty of others doing things the correct way. And as for the German example you mention, whilst they may have had to re-oil a few cogs here and there, they're light years ahead of us in the realms of professionalism, infrastructure and organisation.