PDA

View Full Version : I messed up-any help?

liam88
07/09/2004, 9:11 PM
Ok; I'm needing some help from those a wee bit older and wiser than my young self. While my parents went back to Cobh for a long weekend I had a few friends round (with permission!) and.......well a lot of you have probably been there-things got a bit out of hand :o .
So if nybody knows how to get the smell of vomit out of a carpet/room it's much appreciated!

We have tried;
Scrubbing with soap on the night
Scrupping witrh carpet shampoo
Baking Soda
De-oderant
12 Incence sticks

Any ideas lads?

Cheers :) ;)

strangeirish
07/09/2004, 9:16 PM
Go spill some milk on it and tell Ma n' Da you had an accident and that you did your best to get rid of the smell :D

Jon'o
07/09/2004, 9:19 PM
have a whip around with the lads and the vomiter in cheif (who pays extra).... get the yellow pages and call a carpet cleaner :D

been there ... done that ... got the bill :D

failing that

pack your bags and run ;)

liam88
07/09/2004, 10:02 PM
Cheers lads-Jon 'O tis great to know this is part an parcel of gorwing up :) ; but a first (and last!) time situation for me also my first encounter with rubbish such a tequlia. (PP-hoping this don't change your impression of me as 'a good kid', needless to say-sticking to the Red Bull from now on as I was before ;))!
Cheers for the advice both lads-parents now know on return :rolleyes: and danne mind-but it's my room that stinks so sleepin every night in the smell-thoguh reckon I can get the magic carpet cleaner free from work (dry-cleaners) so can use any whip-around money-(which has actualyl been offered!) for tickets to Flogging Molly in november ;)
The lass also threw up on ma Bhodran :mad: but we saved it and it's good as new!
Had been said it just adds to it's legacy,
-Been to 2 countries
-Got a capacity crowd going
-Been thrown up on
-Been offered £100 for it by a Celtic fan

Cheers again lad-gonna light the reamining incence tonight!

Plastic Paddy
07/09/2004, 10:24 PM
PP-hoping this don't change your impression of me as 'a good kid'

Good kid?!? If I ever referred to you as that, it must have been in a moment of drunken weakness. :eek: I'm only too painfully aware of the truth...

;) PP

liam88
07/09/2004, 10:41 PM
Good kid?!? If I ever referred to you as that, it must have been in a moment of drunken weakness. :eek: I'm only too painfully aware of the truth...

;) PP

Change that to 3/4 hours of drunken weekness and that's before ya went 'on the lash' with ma brother ;)
Aye ya were very complimentary of ma whole family in fact that night and said how ya wanted me to go far so if I ever needed any help.....lucky I didn't hold you to that and phone you up 2 o'clock Friday morning for help with the carpet like ;)

dahamsta
08/09/2004, 12:27 AM
rubbish such a tequlia
B L A S P H E M Y !

Plastic Paddy
08/09/2004, 6:34 AM
lucky I didn't hold you to that and phone you up 2 o'clock Friday morning for help with the carpet like ;)

Somehow, old son, I can't help thinking that it's you who's the lucky one here... :eek: ;)

;) PP

corkharps
08/09/2004, 8:37 AM
Cut your losses,burn the house down and blame the neighbours! ;)
PS now you know why a Donegalman is living in Kork! :p

green goblin
08/09/2004, 8:54 AM
Wouldn't sweat it too much, Liam, as it happens to older people too. My best mate took his mother to stay with my Dad in Cobh last year, as she's only been out of blighty once in her 70 years, and that was on her honeymoon in 1958.
The end of the first evening saw her chucking her guts up on the pavement outiside the Roaring Donkey. Welcome to Ireland! :D

Pat O' Banton
08/09/2004, 10:47 AM
Had been said it just adds to it's legacy,
-Been to 2 countries
-Got a capacity crowd going
-Been thrown up on
-Been offered £100 for it by a Celtic fan

Cheers again lad-gonna light the reamining incence tonight!

Hey Liam bring it on an away trip and I can throew up on it in a third country :D

pete
08/09/2004, 10:56 AM
I had smell in car boot & used Febreeze (any supermarket will have) & after couple of goes cleared up no worries. Haven't tried it on carpet would think would work for ya.

liam88
08/09/2004, 11:12 AM
Wouldn't sweat it too much, Liam, as it happens to older people too. My best mate took his mother to stay with my Dad in Cobh last year, as she's only been out of blighty once in her 70 years, and that was on her honeymoon in 1958.
The end of the first evening saw her chucking her guts up on the pavement outiside the Roaring Donkey. Welcome to Ireland!

:D Classic!

Dav-look foward to the explanation, Pete-cheers for the tip, Pat-Will do, Adam-Sorry mabye the only reason it seemed rubbish was due to lack of Lemons we were using a Jiff Lemon instead ;)
Crokharps-is scary how closley your mind works to that of ma brothers mates who were all ready to get out the luighter fuel ;) with Neighbours attitude to us that night so could wlel have made it a feisable story......
PP-have now learnt to never take ya seriously when drunk!
Having ma family round tonight for the match so probably a lot more mess coming up...... ;)

blobbyblob
08/09/2004, 2:22 PM
Right - heres what you do.

- Find an old saucepan
- Get a lump of bacon and stick it in the saucepan with a decent bit of water and cover it
- Open all doors downstairs (at least close bedroom doors)
- Leave her boil away on medium heat
- Leave the water boil off it and the meat begins to burn(be patient)
- Thrown the saucepan and meat out onto the back lawn. make sure the neighbours hear your disgust at your culinary skills
- The smell of smokey bacon will stay downstairs til the mother decides to sort it out.
- Smell of vomit gone
- youre labeled incompetent but off the hook.
- They'll feel sorry for ya cause you were trying to cook for yourself so they are secret proud

liam88
08/09/2004, 4:49 PM
So crazy it might just work! :D
The smell is in ma bedrrom so if I burn some bacon then rush it in............

wow the possibilites are endless!

Plastic Paddy
08/09/2004, 9:57 PM
PP-have now learnt to never take ya seriously when drunk!

The unmitigated gall of you, young man! We may have to discuss this over a beer (which of course you'll be buying, naturellement ;) ) during next Tuesday's Celtic-Barcelona match in my local CSC (if you're allowed out, that is). Do let me know.

:) PP

liam88
09/09/2004, 11:59 AM
The unmitigated gall of you, young man! We may have to discuss this over a beer (which of course you'll be buying, naturellement ;) ) during next Tuesday's Celtic-Barcelona match in my local CSC (if you're allowed out, that is). Do let me know.

:) PP

Would love to join you but not sure it will be such a good time with my first day of college on Monday :o
If we can find some Saturday night ones (finish work at 5) or a Sunday fixture (will come up after Mass) then will really look foward to buying you a pint of the black stuff! :D ;)

Pat O' Banton
09/09/2004, 12:16 PM
Would love to join you but not sure it will be such a good time with my first day of college on Monday :o
If we can find some Saturday night ones (finish work at 5) or a Sunday fixture (will come up after Mass) then will really look foward to buying you a pint of the black stuff! :D ;)

If your in the chair I'm coming down too :eek: :D

liam88
09/09/2004, 1:21 PM
If your in the chair I'm coming down too :eek: :D
More the merrier! Name a date/time/place in accordance with the above and I'll be there so long as it's not a Sunday this month coz I'mm booked up :rolleyes:
2nd OF game?

Pat O' Banton
09/09/2004, 1:25 PM
More the merrier! Name a date/time/place in accordance with the above and I'll be there so long as it's not a Sunday this month coz I'mm booked up :rolleyes:
2nd OF game?

The next, ahem, Luton v Watford ;) game is 22/11/04, defo meet up for that. Obviously will have to have a cyber ruck with PP about which fine establishment to watch it in.

liam88
09/09/2004, 2:40 PM
The next, ahem, Luton v Watford ;) game is 22/11/04, defo meet up for that. Obviously will have to have a cyber ruck with PP about which fine establishment to watch it in.

22nd is a Monday; just checked the site and says it's the 20th :( I'll be working....argh :mad:

If it was Sunday we could have all gone to the BNP pub round the corner from me-they always have a full house for it ;)

On the bright side-ma dad said if someone sorts out accomedation and someone sorts out tickets, he'll sort out and drive the mini-bus for a wee trip up Glasgow one weeked.....anyone else up for that? :)

green goblin
09/09/2004, 2:57 PM
Was anyone else in O'Neils opposite the station for the post match Watford ;) Vs Fulham friendly last summer?

Pat O' Banton
09/09/2004, 3:20 PM
Sugar, which one's Watford again. :confused:

green goblin
09/09/2004, 3:35 PM
Th' grand aul' team t'play fer... :cool:

liam88
09/09/2004, 3:54 PM
Nah mate-wrong way round; Ain't Watford the No surrender lot?

Got it.......

Cheers Jon'o. The tried and trusted solution to censorship in a dictatorship, eh, as perfected by the Spanish filmaker Carlos Saura. How's about Luton Town the good guys and Watford the Huns, oops? :eek: :D

liam88
09/09/2004, 4:04 PM
Just to comfirm all we know is there's gonna be a show and Luton Town will be there ;)
Keep it schtum :D

the 12 th man
09/09/2004, 4:10 PM

whatever happened mrs o b??
tired of listening to your frank sidebottom lp's eh ;)

Sonic
09/09/2004, 8:20 PM
No sory :D :D :D :D .

Pat O' Banton
10/09/2004, 7:30 AM
whatever happened mrs o b??
tired of listening to your frank sidebottom lp's eh ;)

Mrs O' Banton has moved oop north (around Manc way), I am, for the time being being pampered at Mammy O' Banton's. Looking for work up north, but it gets extremely difficult to look for a job when you have been force fed your fifth helping of pudding (ah the joys of living with mum.) :)
All this means that in a couple of weeks time I may need to resurrect this thread for advice similar to Liam's. :eek:

Your right about the Frank Sidebottom album, though. And she isn't even keen on moving to Timperly - which is the whole reason that I agreed on the moving idea.

In case you didn't guess she brought the cat as well :(

green goblin
10/09/2004, 7:57 AM
Nah mate-wrong way round; Ain't Watford the No surrender lot?

Got it.......
Whoops. :o

Plastic Paddy
10/09/2004, 8:04 AM
In case you didn't guess she brought the cat as well :(

I spoke to Mrs PP about this, and she said that if you let me have your email address, you can have a picture of her pussy instead. :eek:

;) PP

Plastic Paddy
10/09/2004, 8:07 AM
Whoops. :o

Don't be embarrassed, GG. This is a running sore between me and the good Señor, as I think that it's Luton that represent all that's bad here on God's green earth. I think of Watford as the good guys. It's probably the brainwashing from living near Ricky all those years... ;)

:D PP

green goblin
10/09/2004, 8:08 AM
Thanks Liam.
The funny thing is, being from Ricky I'm (Kind of of) pro Real-Watford, anti Real-Luton. In an inbred duelling banjo's Chesham way. :confused:
And yet I suddenly find I'm "Luton" though and though! Makes sense though. I can't imagine anyone singing "Low lie the fields of Cassiobury Park". :rolleyes:

the 12 th man
10/09/2004, 8:19 AM
I spoke to Mrs PP about this, and she said that if you let me have your email address, you can have a picture of her pussy instead. :eek:

;) PP

undiscovered tribes in africa saw that one comming :D ;)

Plastic Paddy
10/09/2004, 8:25 AM
undiscovered tribes in africa saw that one comming :D ;)

The old ones are the best ones, Father; that's why they're still around...

liam88
10/09/2004, 8:38 AM
Thanks Liam.
The funny thing is, being from Ricky I'm (Kind of of) pro Real-Watford, anti Real-Luton. In an inbred duelling banjo's Chesham way. :confused:
And yet I suddenly find I'm "Luton" though and though! Makes sense though. I can't imagine anyone singing "Low lie the fields of Cassiobury Park".

:D Was just thinking myself about the 'Fields of Luton Town' where one morning my brothers girlfriend woke up to find the field next to her hous on fire :rolleyes:

Guess we could have chose Yeovil and their rivals (?) to get rid of PP's ol' 'fundemntal flaw' ;) but mabye it would have been a bit to obvious.....

They've banned St. Patricks day in Luton this year after some eejit residants made a big stink over the Tri on the townhall last time round :mad:

PAt-was just wondering about your sig myself....hope the move goes well mate; don't know that many people 'up naff' cept a lass in Brumingham who's dad runs a helpline for superglue.........

Plastic Paddy
10/09/2004, 8:41 AM
don't know that many people 'up naff' cept a lass in Brumingham who's dad runs a helpline for superglue

Shouldn't you be in school or something by now? :confused: ;)

Now, about this helpline for superglue. Is it for people that can't find the stuff or for those that have tried sniffing it and now can't get the tube off the ends of their noses? I think we should be told...

green goblin
10/09/2004, 9:19 AM
From http://urbanlegends.about.com/cs/business/a/superglue.htm
the sorry story of John Bloor who is alleged to have mistake superglue for pile ointment and chemically welded his buttocks together. :eek:

liam88
10/09/2004, 9:34 AM
From http://urbanlegends.about.com/cs/business/a/superglue.htm
the sorry story of John Bloor who is alleged to have mistake superglue for pile ointment and chemically welded his buttocks together.

we can get onto American Pie 2 here.......... ;)

PP-College starts on Monday-why? Ya getting fed up of ma ramblings already? ;)
Still haven't forgiven ya for all the lies ya told me in your drunken state :D
Ya know when ya look on the back of stuff there's normally something saying "Comments or Queries? Phone blah blah blah" aye? Well if you phone it off the back of certain brand of superglue you get through to his center :rolleyes:
I remember in our youth ;) we used to find the numbers on the back of sweet packets and phone 'em off the school pay phone-they were always free and always had some Scottish lad on the other end-we'd se who could do the best wind up.....

green goblin
10/09/2004, 9:40 AM
we used to find the numbers on the back of sweet packets and phone 'em off the school pay phone-they were always free and always had some Scottish lad on the other end-we'd se who could do the best wind up.....
... So, you mean we've all done that? :confused: I feel somehow better now. :)