PDA

View Full Version : Wicky and Spycher doubtful!

eirebhoy
07/09/2004, 4:41 PM
http://www.sfdrs.ch/system/frames/news/sport-news/index.php?/content/news/sport-news/meldung.php?docid=20040907z5184011664090720

Loose translation:

FOOTBALL - Koebi Kuhn must possibly do in second Swiss WM Ausscheidungsspiel on Wednesday in Basel against Ireland without the proven forces Raphaeel Wicky and Christoph Spycher.

Wicky tightened itself in training a calf injury, Spycher laboriert still at its thigh injury. The two defensive participants belonged to the EM and also against the Faeroeer to most reliable Swiss participants. After an MRI investigation in the hospital at Wednesday noon it is only decided whether the two can be used against Ireland.

Wickys rather safe Out for the left centre zone side was compensated by Ricardo Cabanas. Right outside Benjamin Huggel would therefore be used. With a loss Spychers on the position of the left defender would move Ludovic Magnin (Werder Bremen) in the team. This castling is probable to 50 per cent.

------------------

I think we'd have a great chance of beating them with a full team but I'll take whatevers given. :) Not bad replacements in Cabanas and Huggel though. In saying that, Duff would destroy a the side of the pitch with Huggel and Haas. :D

concanta
07/09/2004, 5:05 PM
If Duff is not fit I would have Reid on the left and Barratt on the right.

I think we will win 3-1 tomorrow and I thin k we are coming of age as a potentially top class team - time will tell.

Volltreffer
07/09/2004, 5:51 PM
According to Swiss teletext, Spycher and Wicky are definitely not playing. :(

Edit: Now they're again writing that they're doubful and that the chances they will play are not more than 50% :confused: ... We'll see tomorrow.