PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Alan Kirby

outspoken
27/10/2012, 10:15 AM
For anyone that hasn't heard last night was Kirbs last game before retirement. What can you say about the man he is an absoutle legend and will be sorely sorely missed. Hopefully we will see plenty of him at the Flansiro next season and who knows maybe one day he might get involved in coaching? I'd love to see it.

dong
27/10/2012, 1:02 PM
Good pro Kirby and he is certainly remembered fondly in Sligo for his contribution here.

Longfordian
27/10/2012, 1:43 PM
So long Kirbs. He'll always be a Town legend and it was great having him back in the red and black for one last season. Nice that he signed off with a goal even if it meant nothing.

Martinho II
27/10/2012, 7:21 PM
I heard it on the bus goin up to waterford last night and got confirmation from pauro today.. sad day but I will like to wish Kirbs all the best in his retirement.. He ended the season superbly and was second top scorer with five goals..The man is a living legend and I would safely hazard a guess that you wont be hearing the last of him as he is helping Jim Hanley with the Melview kids football team..

daithi
28/10/2012, 12:07 AM
Such great memories of Alan Kirby, none more so than his goal against Waterford in the cup final, but his all round consistancy for the Town has been great through the years. Hopefully he'll stay in football with the Town.... Thanks Alan

RonnieB
30/10/2012, 11:58 AM
Farewell Kirbs, a great player for us over the years. Scored some vital and memorable goals.

Cabs88
03/11/2012, 4:49 PM
"When two ball are on the pitch, Al-an Kirby's gonna score
He's gonna score, he's gonna score"

Legend

Always remember as a young lad having a chat with him in Vaduz after the match in Liechtenstein, such a genuine, sound fella