PDA

View Full Version : Benitez must rate Partridge

tarzan_bray
07/09/2004, 8:58 AM
Rafael Benitez has registered the following players for participation in the group stages of the Champions League.

FULL SQUAD

Jerzy Dudek
Chris Kirkland
Paul Harrison
Patrice Luzi

Jamie Carragher
Steve Finnan
Stephane Henchoz
Sami Hyypia
Josemi
John Arne Riise
Djimi Traore
Zak Whitbread

Xabi Alonso
Igor Biscan
Salif Diao
Luis Garcia
Steven Gerrard
Dietmar Hamann
Harry Kewell
Antonio Nunez
Richie Partridge
Darren Potter
Vladimir Smicer
Stephen Warnock

Milan Baros
Djibril Cisse
Neil Mellor
Florent Sinama-Pongolle

tiktok
07/09/2004, 9:05 AM
I know it was expected but it's good to have Potter in there too

drinkfeckarse
07/09/2004, 9:07 AM
Wouldn't read too much into it. Sounds like he's included most of the squad he has available. You could say he rates Paul Harrison as a fourth choice keeper and Zak Whitbread as a 8th choice defender looking at it that way!

Would be shocked if Partridge ever got close to Champions League football although would be delighted to eat my words if he did.

pete
07/09/2004, 10:48 AM
Mod: Moving this to General Football...

Roo69
07/09/2004, 11:47 AM
Yeah, but he's also registered Igor Biscan and Salif Diao, neither capable of kicking snow off a rope :D

why bother with Smicer when he is out until next season ? or has he made good progress with his injury ?

eirebhoy
07/09/2004, 11:56 AM
Mod: Moving this to General Football...
Why does every Partridge thread get moved to general? I rarely read the general football forum and I like to see how the Irish are getting on.

Its great news that Partridge was included as he was obviously recommended by the reserve coach. John Welsh was tipped to play 15 forst team games by Houllier last season and he hasn't been included. Houllier didn't get around to playing Welsh BTW. :rolleyes:

pete
07/09/2004, 12:07 PM
Why does every Partridge thread get moved to general? I rarely read the general football forum and I like to see how the Irish are getting on.

cos he not play for National Team...

eirebhoy
07/09/2004, 8:25 PM
cos he not play for National Team...
I didn't think the national team forum was just for the 23 members of the squad. ;) He's an ex- Irish young player of the year and was called up to the first team for the match against Greece.

He scored and got MOM for Liverpool reserves tonight BTW.