PDA

View Full Version : Final League Fixtures 26/10

Pages : [1] 2

NeverFeltBetter
26/10/2012, 7:05 PM
Shamrock Rovers one up on Sligo already, Twigg with a rather bizarre/excellent rebound effort. Waterford get an early goal against Longford, hard to see Longford getting back into it now.

bluewhitearmy
26/10/2012, 7:08 PM
Shamrock Rovers one up on Sligo already, Twigg with a rather bizarre/excellent rebound effort. Waterford get an early goal against Longford, hard to see Longford getting back into it now.

Rogers could have done better... I think he might just have got confused about where the ball went.

elroy
26/10/2012, 7:10 PM
Rovers fans acting the maggot.

NeverFeltBetter
26/10/2012, 7:12 PM
No guard of honour from Shams either. I know they don't HAVE to, but it's still a nice thing to do.

Hibs4Ever
26/10/2012, 7:43 PM
Rovers fans acting the maggot.

Window smashed in Mooneys Pub apparently

No guard of honour from Shams either. I know they don't HAVE to, but it's still a nice thing to do.

Was it done for them the last two seasons?

NeverFeltBetter
26/10/2012, 7:47 PM
No idea. Should have been. Dundalk, Drogheda winning too. Doesn't look like Shams will be getting an Europa spot tonight.

DaveyCakes
27/10/2012, 12:11 AM
Classy as always Shams......

placid casual
27/10/2012, 8:15 AM
Fair play to Drogs. Clearly the 2nd best team in the league and well worthy of all the praise.
Mick Cooke should win Manager of the Year for his efforts, closely followed by Barraclough.

and again, well done to Sligo. fully deserving of the League this year.

And goodbye to the leagues best marksman. when will we see his likes again.

Straightstory
27/10/2012, 9:08 AM
Drogs were excellent against Bohs - the best I've seen them play all season. Passed the ball sweetly at times - the two first half goals was outstanding. And missing two of their best players on the night - Fabio and Gavin Brennan.
I also noticed the speaker system employed at Dalymount was 'Bose'. Very fitting.

dong
27/10/2012, 10:23 AM
I remember when we used to get a thrill out of pointless victories when the honours had already been decided.
The only thing Shams did to "spoil our party" was break in the windows of the Local pub for reasons best known to themselves.
The Hoops are Having a Party: The Leinster Senior Cup.

adamd164
27/10/2012, 3:34 PM
We played OK last night, but our problem all season has been our lack of threat up front. Some nice build up play but never looked like troubling Clarke (?) in the Pats goal really.

Richmond Park still my favourite away ground to visit in Dublin, McDowell's is great for a few pints even if it's looking pretty shabby (sort of has a strange charm), generally a decent bunch of core supporters and away fans get a good view from the stand, much better than being stuck in the Des Kelly and less likely to catch tetanus taking a p*ss than in Tolka Park.

Can't believe we managed to get a Setanta Cup spot, expected Shels to beat UCD. But looking forward to being back in that competition.

As regards Drogs, I find it funny that they finished second and didn't have a single player in the PFAI team of the year. They've been overlooked all year. I hate the club but credit where it's due!

Dalymountrower
27/10/2012, 4:03 PM
Drogs were excellent against Bohs - the best I've seen them play all season. Passed the ball sweetly at times - the two first half goals was outstanding. And missing two of their best players on the night - Fabio and Gavin Brennan.
I also noticed the speaker system employed at Dalymount was 'Bose'. Very fitting.

Yep, performance of the season against us from Drogs. They were applauded off the pitch by the Bohs fans at the end. Great crowd. looked more like 2,000 than 1600.

abcd
27/10/2012, 9:17 PM
As regards Drogs, I find it funny that they finished second and didn't have a single player in the PFAI team of the year. They've been overlooked all year. I hate the club but credit where it's due!

Just as a matter of interest why do you hate Drogheda United? I have nothing but admiration for what they have achieved when it looked like they'd be back in the doldrums for years after their previous financial failures allied to the inability to get their new ground. About 16/18 months ago they were being described by many as the worst team to ever play in the Premier (GUFC comfortably won that award) but now they have proven everyone wrong and held off the two Dublin sides for 2nd as well as winning the League Cup and were more than a little unlucky in the cup.

The only criticism I'd have is that the fans haven't given them the backing they deserve in terms of numbers for most matches but then again Drogheda don't have a huge area around them to build a supporter base.

I'd fear they might lose the likes of Sava, Brennans etc. and may be back towards mid-table next year but Drogheda are back and imo its a good news story for the league.

El-Pietro
28/10/2012, 7:26 AM
Just as a matter of interest why do you hate Drogheda United?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_FAI_Cup_Final
http://www.independent.ie/sport/leechs-calm-finish-takes-setanta-back-to-drogheda-129165.html
http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/10021/2/

El-Pietro
28/10/2012, 7:27 AM
but we don't really care for any other LOI clubs.

mypost
28/10/2012, 7:43 AM

This is top level professional sport. Sligo didn't offer us guards of honour at the 2010 Cup Final, which was the first game we played after winning the league then, and we didn't complain about it.

dong
28/10/2012, 9:49 AM
Different competetion. Why would we?
Who's complaining? Nobody around here could care less.

Sam_Heggy
28/10/2012, 10:21 AM
but we don't really care for any other LOI clubs.

Except Harps, everyone loves Harps. We never beat anyone......

redarmyfaction
28/10/2012, 3:42 PM
Shamrock Rovers supporters disgraced themselves yet again, after one branch of the Travelling community launched a planned and unprovoked attack on Mooney's Pub and then ran, their crowd inside the pub instead of hanging their heads in shame started to chant some vileness or other, who ever knew there was such minks.

Hibs4Ever
28/10/2012, 4:46 PM
You seem surprised it happened?

PartySaint
28/10/2012, 5:23 PM
This is top level professional sport.

I'm not really sure what your point is here?

sligoman
28/10/2012, 7:51 PM
"Ireland's number 1" really showed their class Friday night. Both fans and players.

Enjoy the Leinster Senior Cup, ye deserve that success!

Sean South
29/10/2012, 8:25 AM
http://www.ultras-tifo.net/photo-news/1171...s-26102012.html (http://www.ultras-tifo.net/photo-news/1171-sligo-rovers-shamrock-rovers-26102012.html)

mypost
29/10/2012, 10:38 AM
"Ireland's number 1" really showed their class Friday night. Enjoy the Leinster Senior Cup, ye deserve that success!

Indeed we did, and because of it, we won the same amount of trophies this year as Sligo.

redobit
29/10/2012, 12:18 PM
Indeed we did, and because of it, we won the same amount of trophies this year as Sligo.

Can we swap trophies.

placid casual
29/10/2012, 12:25 PM
to say some of the fans there following sligo on saturday night were daytrippers would be an understatement.
they didnt even stay to see sligo getting the league trophy!
and many i met were too concerned about losing a meaningless game to Rovers to enjoy winning the league. bizarre behaviour.

as i'm sure you are all well aware at this stage, the 17th minute fireworks intervention was to celebrate the 17 leagues Rovers have won to date.
it will take sligo forever and a day to knock Rovers "off their fuc*ing perch" as whiskeynose ferguson would say.

The sligo player dressed as john terry, along with the jimmy saville chants. charming behaviour and sure to bring back those fairweather fans.

bluewhitearmy
29/10/2012, 12:29 PM
to say some of the fans there following sligo on saturday night were daytrippers would be an understatement.
and many i met were too concerned about losing a meaningless game to Rovers to enjoy winning the league. bizarre behaviour.

as i'm sure you are all well aware at this stage, the 17th minute fireworks intervention was to celebrate the 17 leagues Rovers have won to date.
it will take sligo forever and a day to knock Rovers "off their fuc*ing perch" as whiskeynose ferguson would say.

The sligo player dressed as john terry, along with the jimmy saville chants. charming behaviour and sure to bring back those fairweather fans.

What is wrong with dressing up as John Terry how would it do anything to influence fairweather fans at all?

sligoman
29/10/2012, 2:31 PM

The sligo player dressed as john terry, along with the jimmy saville chants. charming behaviour and sure to bring back those fairweather fans.I'd rather have day-tripper fans, a few of which may come back, than have fans who smash windows in a local pub and throw glass bottles at the people inside and assault at least one teenager also smashing a glass over his head.

I love the way you seem to be trying to justify the stuff thrown on the pitch too (near stewards and players and also stopping the game) as it was just to show ye won 17 leagues. Sure it was only a celebration, it's grand so. Maybe make a banner to tell us in future, I know it's a wild suggestion though so maybe not.

As for this:

If it makes you feel better thinking like that then well done, enjoy it. Hope you got the spaceship parked up ok at the Showgrounds btw

redarmyfaction
29/10/2012, 6:30 PM
^I think he came by caravan rather than spaceship, a large number of people left at half time never mind the before the presentation, after viewing those wearing green and White colours trying to have the game called off in the first half they feared a pitch invasion to prevent the trophy being presented.

I sometimes wonder what kind of world view people at Shamrock have of themselves but down here many view them as ****estains on the knickers of humanity.

Jofspring
29/10/2012, 6:36 PM

Well if thats the case then we won more than both of ye :p

placid casual
29/10/2012, 6:58 PM
ye won 17 leagues. Sure it was only a celebration, it's grand so. Maybe make a banner to tell us in future, I know it's a wild suggestion though so maybe not.

do you mean like this :
http://comeheretome.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/ultras-tifo.jpg

SkStu
29/10/2012, 9:00 PM

not saying i doubt that this is what it was for but it seems a bit stupid. Whats the significance of 17 league titles and could it not have been celebrated in your own ground in the 17th minute of your opening home game?

The cynic in me says that it was minnowtastic to take away from the Sligo revelries and the complete cynic in me says that you'd also have liked for Sligo to get a nice fine for it. Good thing im not cynical...

Sean South
29/10/2012, 9:27 PM
I don't have any problem with Shams pyro. The Ireland's number 1 and 17 made them come across as bitter, miserable, and minnowism at its best. It's not uncommon for them to focus on us I don't really care though.

The only thing I'd really have a problem was them attacking the pub across from the ground. Few women got hit with glass and auld lads getting hit was cowardly.

dong
29/10/2012, 9:36 PM
Minnowism? Hardly in fairness.
Was Laws offered the manager job?

Rover'n'out
29/10/2012, 11:21 PM

Quite pathetic that you should try and justify the behaviour of shams fans disrupting the game on 17 minutes for whatever reason - they were obviously bitter about Sligo Rovers winning the league. Big deal you won it 17 times. The disgusting behaviour of the 'fans' outside the ground and breaking windows in the local pub is a disgrace. I would be embarrassed to come on here and try to justify any of it, but then again why should I be surprised .... ?

sligoman
29/10/2012, 11:36 PM
I don't have any problem with Shams pyro.I have no problem with pyro being used but if it's thrown near other people then it's a problem.

Nailor
30/10/2012, 8:48 AM
As someone who was in Mooney's before and after the game, I'm sorry to shatter some innocence, but there were two sets of scrotes throwing bottles at each other outside. I was outside having a smoke when the Larry bus crowd came down the road, they both started giving it the green street sh*te at each other and they both reacted in the same neaderthal fashion.
Bottles came flying from both sides of the road, three windows got smashed, no bottles were thrown into the pub (btw sligoman).

Every club have their tw*t fans, but if you were to listen to some sligo fans on here you'd think they all go to mass before games and hold Padre Pio pictures in their hands at all times.

Hibs4Ever
30/10/2012, 10:10 AM
3 fans arrested before game

http://www.oceanfm.ie/sp/article_manager/detail/three_arrested_before_league_of_ireland_game

Dodge
30/10/2012, 10:39 AM

Suck it Sligo!!!

marinobohs
30/10/2012, 11:44 AM
Quite pathetic that you should try and justify the behaviour of shams fans disrupting the game on 17 minutes for whatever reason - they were obviously bitter about Sligo Rovers winning the league. Big deal you won it 17 times. The disgusting behaviour of the 'fans' outside the ground and breaking windows in the local pub is a disgrace. I would be embarrassed to come on here and try to justify any of it, but then again why should I be surprised .... ?

Now now Lads (and Lassies) lets not have another thread desend into "shams fans are scum / no we are not". Let fans tick the FOOT.IE shams excuse of choice (or incredulity)

(1) Could not be shams as no direct bus link between Tallaght and Sligo. Old but still comedy gold.

(2) never happened and any evidence/photos/eye witness accounts are all doctored to slur the good name of SRFC

(3) It was the pubs fault for (a) not having SAS trained doorstaff (b) steel window shutters (c) setting up business in Sligo

(4)SRFC have no idea who was involved and if they did they would take action* (*action may be pretend ban or up to a seat on the Board)

(5) sure its only a minority involved so lets all ignore it

(6) FAI will investigate the incident (as the bulge under the carpet begins to touch the roof)

(7) sure Bohs fans attacked a pub in Derry years ago so there.

As regards the guard of honour, it is a matter for the club. It is a simple gesture designing to show respect for the new Champions and the League we are all part of. Absolutely no surprise therefore to see shams not partake.

SkStu
30/10/2012, 1:50 PM
& if all else fails, boycott...

placid casual
30/10/2012, 4:04 PM
We could boycott the bohs foru.. hang on.

Calcio Jack
30/10/2012, 4:48 PM
Now now Lads (and Lassies) lets not have another thread desend into "shams fans are scum / no we are not". Let fans tick the FOOT.IE shams excuse of choice (or incredulity)

(1) Could not be shams as no direct bus link between Tallaght and Sligo. Old but still comedy gold.

(2) never happened and any evidence/photos/eye witness accounts are all doctored to slur the good name of SRFC

(3) It was the pubs fault for (a) not having SAS trained doorstaff (b) steel window shutters (c) setting up business in Sligo

(4)SRFC have no idea who was involved and if they did they would take action* (*action may be pretend ban or up to a seat on the Board)

(5) sure its only a minority involved so lets all ignore it

(6) FAI will investigate the incident (as the bulge under the caprpet begins to touch the roof)

(7) sure Bohs fans attacked a pub in Derry years ago so there.

As regards the guard of honour, it is a matter for the club. It is a simple gesture designing to show respect for the new Champions and the League we are all part of. Absolutely no surprise therefore to see shams not partake.

Been a long time since I've bothered to login here..... Thanks for reminding why

SkStu
30/10/2012, 5:06 PM
We could boycott the bohs foru.. hang on.

touche!

Been a long time since I've bothered to login here..... Thanks for reminding why

stop taking life so seriously...

redarmyfaction
30/10/2012, 6:03 PM
As someone who was in Mooney's before and after the game, I'm sorry to shatter some innocence, but there were two sets of scrotes throwing bottles at each other outside. I was outside having a smoke when the Larry bus crowd came down the road, they both started giving it the green street sh*te at each other and they both reacted in the same neaderthal fashion.
Bottles came flying from both sides of the road, three windows got smashed, no bottles were thrown into the pub (btw sligoman).

Every club have their tw*t fans, but if you were to listen to some sligo fans on here you'd think they all go to mass before games and hold Padre Pio pictures in their hands at all times.

Usual sh1te, the attack on Mooneys was a planned attack, why else did they get off 'Larrys bus' carrying an arsenal of missiles, if Sligo Rovers wanted to get all Green Street there was some Shamrock fans inside the pub from the attack happened until near KO whom we could have greenstreeted on in revenge if we were a similar breed of tramp, given that you know what bus the offenders were on before they came down the road, I would say it is likely that you were on 'Larry's bus' before you fired up that cigarette outside Mooney's or whatever it was you fired up.

srfc1928
30/10/2012, 7:36 PM

Every club have their tw*t fans, but if you were to listen to some sligo fans on here you'd think they all go to mass before games and hold Padre Pio pictures in their hands at all times.I dont usually post on here, but I was in Mooneys too, and you are wrong on several things,
Only one set of fans threw bottles and glasses, also chairs and tables too, shamrock rovers fans.
Only 1 window in the pub was broken, not 3.
It was broken with a glass bottle that came through the window.
I know this because I was daft enough to be looking out the window beside it when it was broken, a friend of mine was cut by the flying glass

Those shamrock rovers fans that attacked the people outside who were there to have a drink, and the pub itself which had people in it from age 8 to 80, only came to Sligo to cause trouble.
There seems to be a culture surrounding shamrock rovers that accepts this type of thugery and a reluctance to stamp it out. I really dont understand that.
There is never any trouble around that bar with any other set of fans, they are always welcomed.
St Pats were there a couple of weeks before that, had their pints, sang their songs and as usual no problems.

dong
30/10/2012, 10:16 PM
Just before somebody else mentions it there was an incident with a Pats fan I think last season or the season before.
The point is that it's the same story every time Shams come to town and it's never just one or two involved.
Nothing ever changes because the majority are proud of that side of their support unfortunately and will never do anything to stamp it out. The fact that the perpetrators know the cops won't really sort it out in any meaningful way is an encouragement to the rest to keep it going.
I actually enjoyed the pyro displays, apart from the chucking of stuff onto the pitch. I find it one of the best aspects of going to big LoI games these days but what goes on outside of that is a different matter and is sickening to be honest. Not implying the two are linked either, obviously.

marinobohs
31/10/2012, 9:44 AM

As I am being so helpfull Jack - boycotts really only work if someone notices you are missing :cool:

Nailor
31/10/2012, 10:42 AM
Usual sh1te, the attack on Mooneys was a planned attack, why else did they get off 'Larrys bus' carrying an arsenal of missiles, if Sligo Rovers wanted to get all Green Street there was some Shamrock fans inside the pub from the attack happened until near KO whom we could have greenstreeted on in revenge if we were a similar breed of tramp, given that you know what bus the offenders were on before they came down the road, I would say it is likely that you were on 'Larry's bus' before you fired up that cigarette outside Mooney's or whatever it was you fired up.

I'm a junkie now am I?

The Larry Bus is a nickname for a buch of little sh*tes who travel to an occasional game, I get the train when I go west and always stay over and always drink in Molloys before and after. As I have done for 25 years, most probably 10 years before you were born.

the Hoops fans who arrived into Mooneys 20 minutes before the glass started flying have nothing to do with the little cnuts, different coach. They were staring a bit of a singing duel which was good crack until these other little ferckers started.

If you think no shligo fan got involved, fair enough.

redarmyfaction
31/10/2012, 4:20 PM
I'm a junkie now am I?

The Larry Bus is a nickname for a buch of little sh*tes who travel to an occasional game, I get the train when I go west and always stay over and always drink in Molloys before and after. As I have done for 25 years, most probably 10 years before you were born.

the Hoops fans who arrived into Mooneys 20 minutes before the glass started flying have nothing to do with the little cnuts, different coach. They were staring a bit of a singing duel which was good crack until these other little ferckers started.

If you think no shligo fan got involved, fair enough.

I am drinking in that Shop far longer than 25 years, only it wasn't Mooney's then but I digress you display the typical willful blindness or should I say sneaking regard that many at Shamrock Rovers have for their retarded element, you seek to characterise a planned and sustained attack with bottle, brick and stone on a pub and its unsuspecting customers as some sort of fifty fifty handbags. seeing as you seem to know the identity of those involved in the assault to the point where can confidently state their attendance levels at games perhaps you can break with this tradition by giving up those involved if not to the Police at least to your club. Though I suspect you won't, it is always a dialogue of the deaf between your lot and the fans of all other LOI fans when it is pointed out that you are the common denominator in these affairs.