PDA

View Full Version : Sligo Rovers turn on club over failure to offer deals

A face
26/10/2012, 10:32 AM
SLIGO ROVERS’ senior players have rounded on the club for failing to offer them deals for next season.

After tonight’s game with last year’s champions Shamrock Rovers, Sligo will collect the league trophy they secured with a 3-2 victory over St Pat’s courtesy of Mark Quigley’s last-minute penalty. But the achievement has been a little tarnished, with defender Jason McGuinness and Quigley both unhappy they have not yet been offered terms for next year.

Quigley said: “I’ll be signing on the dole on Monday, as usual. That’s a bit of a comedown, from scoring a winning peno to signing on the dole a week later. But that’s the way it is in this country. I haven’t even got an offer, so it doesn’t look like I’ll be here.”Quigley and McGuinness are wanted by the managerless Hoops, where both had previous spells — while the striker also has an offer from MLS outfit FC Dallas.

Read more at www.thesun.co.uk (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishsunsport/irishfootball/4610362/Sligo-Rovers-turn-on-club-over-failure-to-offer-deals.html)

marinobohs
26/10/2012, 1:32 PM
SLIGO ROVERS’ senior players have rounded on the club for failing to offer them deals for next season.

After tonight’s game with last year’s champions Shamrock Rovers, Sligo will collect the league trophy they secured with a 3-2 victory over St Pat’s courtesy of Mark Quigley’s last-minute penalty. But the achievement has been a little tarnished, with defender Jason McGuinness and Quigley both unhappy they have not yet been offered terms for next year.

Quigley said: “I’ll be signing on the dole on Monday, as usual. That’s a bit of a comedown, from scoring a winning peno to signing on the dole a week later. But that’s the way it is in this country. I haven’t even got an offer, so it doesn’t look like I’ll be here.”Quigley and McGuinness are wanted by the managerless Hoops, where both had previous spells — while the striker also has an offer from MLS outfit FC Dallas.

Read more at www.thesun.co.uk (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishsunsport/irishfootball/4610362/Sligo-Rovers-turn-on-club-over-failure-to-offer-deals.html)

.....player seeking contract offers. WOW :rolleyes:

SkStu
26/10/2012, 9:41 PM

Good for Rovers. A smart, fiscally sound approach. They might lose a few players due to delaying but some/most of them will return once a contract is offered. Greedy players and stupid clubs are a match made in heaven.

outspoken
27/10/2012, 10:37 AM
Hed be stupid not to go play in the mls I'm sure the pay would be good and think of some of the players hed be facing also the coverage of the mls is better than loi so he might even make a name for himself over there.

dong
27/10/2012, 1:00 PM
He's a "homebird".
He's been telling this to anybody who will listen ad nauseum all season.

Fivesilver
27/10/2012, 11:06 PM
Players right to look for the best deal straight after winning a title - strike while the iron is hot. Club right to look after long-term interests. No panic - it'll all find its level. Meanwhile our national media will continue as always to look for bad news stories out of the LoI.

Rasputin
28/10/2012, 8:22 AM
Great to see.