23/10/2012, 3:45 PM
Keith Callanan is referee thank you and goodnight

L.T.F.C.
23/10/2012, 3:47 PM
Is anyone driving from Dublin?

Town Legend
24/10/2012, 12:22 AM
Keith Callanan is referee thank you and goodnight

Are you serious?? As we thought things couldn't possibly get any worse!! That wa*ker has a vendetta against us like I've never seen before! I hope the Town get put in an objection against him taking charge....we need to have a ref who could be partial whereas this fool clearly has a disliken to us. Although of all days he could make up for a few games where he went against us and give us 3 pens and send off 2 or 3 Waterford players!!!

Martinho II
24/10/2012, 12:03 PM
speakin of refs wot was TC referrin to in the interview on MNS about Paul O'Brien having an influence on that ref that we had the other nite? he said something about the same ref reffed waterford game wk before?

bluemovie
24/10/2012, 4:26 PM
Strange one. The last time before Saturday that we had O'Regan reffing us was the 4-0 home cup defeat to Mervue in at the start of September. He sent Paul Carey off the bench in that one. Before that, his previous game was a 0-0 draw against Athlone at the RSC when he sent Willy John Kiely off.

As for Fatso Callinan, we get him the whole time and he's a disaster for us. The 4-2 game was the last time we had him. Your chairman's notes and another piece in the programme on Saturday seemed to think he cost ye that game, but the crucial decision was the red card for an awful tackle by Willo McDonagh on Maguire. Given the mark just under Maguire's knee and the photo of the studs in that position, I don't think any complaint is justified there. That said, I'll admit we came out on top in decisions that night. In his previous two games doing us, Callinan sent Shammy Long off both times. They were the recent 2-1 loss at home to Mervue and the same scoreline for Wexford at home. I wasn't at the Mervue game, but the sending off came from a "Legue of Ireland only" mix-up where Nkololo was allowed back on the pitch after treatment miles behind the defence just as the ball arrived at his feet. Apparently, Shammy panicked and dived in. Against Wexford, he got a second yellow for chesting the ball as seen by literally everybody else in the ground including Wexford fans, but KC decided it was handball. I genuinely would've preferred any other ref apart from Callinan to be doing Friday's game.

Town Legend
24/10/2012, 9:43 PM
A glimmer of hope, it could come down to who Callinan despises most!!

NeverFeltBetter
24/10/2012, 11:00 PM
Someone's getting sent off anyway.

RonnieB
25/10/2012, 1:16 PM
If ever there was a game where we need to score first it is this. Any word on Hope coming back to the starting 11?

Martinho II
25/10/2012, 2:26 PM
If ever there was a game where we need to score first it is this. Any word on Hope coming back to the starting 11?

I heard ronnie that hope wont make it!

outspoken
25/10/2012, 3:07 PM
For me mick Lee is crucial as we really missed him saturday last. Hope would be huge for us I think hel make it unless he has some sort of set back.

NeverFeltBetter
26/10/2012, 7:54 PM
Someone's getting sent off anyway.

Told ya.

outspoken
26/10/2012, 10:00 PM
Travelled over 3 hours to watch that? 2 awful teams in a terrible play-off tie. Big change at longford needed while I actually fancy Dundalk to beat waterford as they looked distinctly average over the 2 legs especially tonight.

L.T.F.C.
27/10/2012, 10:58 AM
I'm quite moved by the way the season has ended. I'm not sure how to react at all.

Longfordian
27/10/2012, 1:48 PM
We hardly won a game in the second half of the season. It's been awful. I know there's been a lot of injuries but they've looked completely clueless on too many occasions. There are some very good players in the squad but they just haven't performed as well as they should.

outspoken
27/10/2012, 4:27 PM
The goal we scored was so simple pass out wide cross and tap in. That's what we were doing early this season but then crawley was moved off the wing and colly got injured on the right wing. Tactics were awful during the run in and the choice to play 1 up top in the first leg cost us dear in my view.

Martinho II
27/10/2012, 7:18 PM
I would like to convey my opinions on last night but I cant. The lads that know me know my exact thoughts on whats goin on..

gufc2000
29/10/2012, 10:52 PM
Will Tony Cousins be staying on for 2013? How would ye sum up his 3 years with ye?

L.T.F.C.
29/10/2012, 11:50 PM
I wouldn't like to see him here next year. The way the team fell apart is a bit much. Yes I know we had injuries, important ones, but I feel like the lack of interest from many players was a bit much.

howsyourtouch
30/10/2012, 2:20 AM
a good number of the players thought they had been promoted before the season even got half way through...that was evident when things started not to go their way and they didn't have that extra bit of drive to carry on with their early momentum

outspoken
30/10/2012, 8:54 AM
I don't think it's as simple as it looks regarding wheter cousins should stay or not. On one hand he brought in a lot of those players so if we sacked cousins would a lot of them leave too? If that is the case I think wed be better off keeping him and just pray that good players carry us out of a poor division just like limerick this season.

Also if Cousins did go who's out there to replace him, surely we couldn't afford Stephen kenny could we?

Longfordian
30/10/2012, 8:57 PM
Said it on the other thread, it's a difficult decision, he's a nice guy and hasn't done badly really in his three seasons I just think the squad needs some fresh ideas. There was no sign of them coming from anywhere in the last part of the season. As for who's out there? You'd be surprised who'd be interested in the job. Experienced manager? Pete Mahon maybe. Somebody looking to take the next step? Trevor Croly, though I'm sure he could get a better job, he's very well regarded.

outspoken
30/10/2012, 11:33 PM
crowly is the next rovers manager apparently while I think Pete Mahon was interviewed for this job before but was looking for too much im told. Would love either of them though as we might finally see some good football In the first division