PDA

View Full Version : f**in sick

dalo
10/12/2001, 8:00 AM
normally I am pretty reasoned when writing about city but yesterday was a sickener. we beat rovers and then lose to ucd!! come on.

we are not going to win the league as again we have shown a complete lack of moral courage to take advantage of things.

ucd playing great football marshalled brillantingly by paul doolin. we hoofed when we should have passed and passed when we hoofed.

also for the second goal why didn't coughlan get back.

sorry lads we have blown it as when the pressure is on we aren't good enough. city can now take stock and use this as a point of departure or else they can totally buckle - it's up to the players now.

Éanna
10/12/2001, 2:47 PM
i'm close to agreeing with you. i think the most important thing is that we come back form this in the next game. we've been doing really well, and were bound to slip up at some satge. lets just hope this is a once-off.

niamh
10/12/2001, 3:00 PM
The sooner UCD get relegated the better. We never do very well against them.

dalo
10/12/2001, 3:12 PM
maybe it's because I didn't see much of the girlfriend or what, but i feel really sick to the pit of my stomach after the UCD game. last week beating rovers was one of city's finest performances in years and I was high as a kite now the misery returned.

can anybody explain a) why city lost b) why ucd always **** me off and c) as a 28 year old man am i actually regressing to the state of a 15 year old. in fact following a soccer team has to be a thankless task and following cork city akin to walking around New York asking natives how to get to the twin towers.

at one stage shivering in my brown leather coat next to to some 7 year ols I felt slightly embarrased after roaring at bucks dire miss in the second half. they looked at me like I was sean the gom

as none of my mates take my support of Cork City seriously watching soccer from the comfort of their arm chairs I have no-one to help me. even the girlfriend thinks I am taking it all too seriously

help please!!!!

pete
11/12/2001, 11:14 AM
Suppose i was lucky not to see another CCFC v UCD game. I'm sure city players have amental block or something playing UCD maybe in the same wy rovers might have against us?

At least hopefully we won't play UCD at the cross again this season.

joe
11/12/2001, 7:21 PM
Originally posted by dalo
maybe it's because I didn't see much of the girlfriend or what, but i feel really sick to the pit of my stomach after the UCD game. last week beating rovers was one of city's finest performances in years and I was high as a kite now the misery returned.

can anybody explain a) why city lost b) why ucd always **** me off and c) as a 28 year old man am i actually regressing to the state of a 15 year old. in fact following a soccer team has to be a thankless task and following cork city akin to walking around New York asking natives how to get to the twin towers.

at one stage shivering in my brown leather coat next to to some 7 year ols I felt slightly embarrased after roaring at bucks dire miss in the second half. they looked at me like I was sean the gom

as none of my mates take my support of Cork City seriously watching soccer from the comfort of their arm chairs I have no-one to help me. even the girlfriend thinks I am taking it all too seriously

help please!!!!

when things get that bad it's usually time to reach for your copy of Fever Pitch for a bit of solace

CityRant
11/12/2001, 7:22 PM
But Joe isnt that Book all about Arsenal !
Whats that got to do with Cork City?

joe
11/12/2001, 7:24 PM
i take it you've never read it then :rolleyes: