PDA

View Full Version : Souness for Newcastle

Stuttgart88
06/09/2004, 9:56 AM
There goes the careers of Shay, Carr & O'Brien then!

tiktok
06/09/2004, 10:43 AM
ohmygod it's true (http://www.football365.com)...he's quit B'Burn to move.

who'd be a Newcastle fan today :( .
shame for the Irish contingent there and for that club, he made a balls of Liverpool in his day, so why any progressive club that likes to play attractive football would employ this goon-buying thug is beyond me.

Kluivert and Carr must be kicking themselves this morning

The Dillage
06/09/2004, 11:00 AM
F$@#ing Hunn!! there go's the Irish Boys on there way...

The Owls
06/09/2004, 11:10 AM
Seriously if souness does manage to wreck the careers of an another irish player i think its about time something was done about it. And to any Newcastle suporter my deepest sympathy and thats coming from a sheffield wednesday supporter

Metrostars
06/09/2004, 1:25 PM
Yeah, Souness really f**ked over Duff, right? :(

carnstien
06/09/2004, 1:52 PM
I reckon Carr and Given should be safe enough but I'd be fairly confident that O'Brien will be one of the first for the chop.

DolansWaistcoat
06/09/2004, 1:55 PM
A very strange appointment imo,Souness can't get along with anyone so expect plenty of bust ups with players although he might give Dyer the kick up the hole he needs.

Gandhi
06/09/2004, 4:25 PM
whatever about Souness' faults I don't know that anti-Irish bigotry is among them. He seems to have had a well-publicised falling out with one Irish former international, and he sold off the Irish contingent at Liverpool. However he signed a Catholic (Mo Johnstone) while Rangers boss, and he had to sell some of the Irish players at Liverpool because of changes in regulations as to number of foreign nationals that could be played in the team. He also played Damien Duff every week and tried to keep him at Blackburn for as long as he could. He does not do himself any favours though e.g. selling his story about heart surgery to the S*n to appear on the anniversary of Hillsborough, talk about tactless. The phrase "he could start a fight in an empty room" springs to mind as well for some reason!!!
The funny thing is I think Andy O'Brien's place is not under immediate threat, I think he is a very honest hardworking player and that is often the kind of player Souness goes for. I hope I'm right, because it is great for Brian Kerr to have three of his defence playing together regularly so they know each other's game. Watch this space, I suppose...