PDA

View Full Version : LTFC vs WUFC 1ST Leg

RonnieB
17/10/2012, 11:39 AM
Getting ever closer to kick off, hoping we can get a good result to take down to the RSC.

how are fixed injury wise? any word on getting a few bodies back?

Martinho II
17/10/2012, 2:06 PM
noel haverty is back playin.. karl bermingham should be fit for the weekend. unfortunately shaw and purdy are out for rest of season

Longfordian
17/10/2012, 5:49 PM
Heard Purdy was back running a couple of weeks ago. He might have an outside chance of making an appearance in the playoffs at some stage maybe. His was only a fracture as opposed to Gary Shaw's break.

NeverFeltBetter
17/10/2012, 6:03 PM
I'll admit, I want Longford to win.

Nothing to do with losing four games to Waterford this year. No siree bob.

L.T.F.C.
18/10/2012, 9:18 AM
Des Hope?

Martinho II
18/10/2012, 2:02 PM
Des Hope?

I have heard no word about him as of yet.

outspoken
18/10/2012, 4:26 PM
Usually injury and team news is easy to come by but that won't be the case this week. When I interviewed Purdy a few weeks back he was hopeful of returning with a bit of luck so here's hoping!

Des Hope is a HUGE player to our chances so please God let him play!

Il take a draw as we are far better as underdogs going into the RSC.

RockofGibraltar
19/10/2012, 7:32 AM
do away goals count in these playoffs?

jamiec6284
19/10/2012, 6:14 PM
i heard purdy should be on the bench tomorrow and that aidan collins will be back aswell

Bosco
20/10/2012, 10:15 AM
If Purdy is back even on the becnh that fantastic news...even if he could get 20 mins and then be fit for next week!Nerves are at me already today,biggest game for the club since Derry in 2007...I hope the lads appreciate how important this is to all the fans and show some passion that has been lacking in the last few weeks!

outspoken
20/10/2012, 10:32 AM
Twitter is abuzz this morning but it looks like Hunty is out injured judging by his tweets so we need Hylo to put in a performance like he did in our win against Limerick.

De Town
20/10/2012, 10:56 AM
Absolutely bricking it. Purdy is fit alright, might only be on the bench though. Hope also fit I think.

Acornvilla
20/10/2012, 10:02 PM
well thats my year ruined then..

outspoken
21/10/2012, 8:29 AM
Its all over 2-1 at least we had a chance but 2-0 il see ye in the first division next year lads its curtains I'm afraid.

daithi
21/10/2012, 11:04 AM
Graveyard football again next year.....:(
The only bright side was the reemergence of "One F in Longford", had a good laugh reading it, well done to all involved....:D

Town Legend
21/10/2012, 7:55 PM
A couple of out of work managers were spotted at Flancare last night...I'm sure if we fail to overcome the 2 goal deficit the auld rumour mill will kick into action. I've always backed Cousins over the few seasons he's being in charge but I have to say at the start of the year and with the squad he had assembled it really was promotion (via playoffs) or he'll be gone. Over the last couple of weeks it just seems that he hasn't been able to motivate them or have a plan B when things went wrong. One little inkling of light for next week though is our away form has been better than our home form with only 2 of our defeats coming away from home!! Regardless myself and a few of the lads will make our way down south and make night out of it before the curtains are drawn on another season!

Martinho II
21/10/2012, 8:39 PM
Last night was a massive kick in the teeth. In hindsight now I think TC made the wrong decision resting players for the last few weeks as its a hard task trying to break a five match unbeaten streak. The worrying thing about last night was that the players didnt seem too bothered according to the majority of the terraces of section o which means the chance of winning next week is slim but you never know things may change as I keep telling myself..

I am delighted with the feedback from the fanzine. Stephen Kenny ,Pete Mahon and Sean Prunty bought copies from yours truly. Pete is on MNS tmw night and hopefully he may mention the fanzine! Maccer, Vinny Perth and Stephen Brennan were also at the match also.

RonnieB
22/10/2012, 7:06 AM
Only one meaningful save for the Waterford keeper to make. Sums it up.