PDA

View Full Version : maybury

dynamo kerry
06/09/2004, 6:49 AM
what did this lad ever do to deserve being ridiculed?

I've seen a lot of people mouth off about him being "crap" or a "waste of a jersey" or something

yes he plays for hearts at which point loads of EL fans will surely mention hearts are no better than shels or cork or bohs so why not heery or murphy?

stil no reason to have a go at maybury who has done little wrong thus far except look nervous and ordinary.

he can tackle and isn't too slow. two plus points over ian harte.

and another thing. in the advent of the andy reid era we may not need iano and his free kicks ever again. fair play to the lad in the past and the goals ya know but he's meant to be a defender. tackle, cover, block, harry the oppostion. not stand around for 65 minutes and hope a free kick 30 yards out will present itself.

ps. has anyone even ever seen Finnan or Carr play at left back? Ever? I very much doubt it. Roll on Wednesday

Plastic Paddy
06/09/2004, 7:18 AM
stil no reason to have a go at maybury who has done little wrong thus far except look nervous and ordinary.

Which means that he's not international class. (Not that it stops Davids Beckham and James from getting their caps. But I digress... ;) )

ps. has anyone even ever seen Finnan or Carr play at left back? Ever? I very much doubt it.

Yes, since you ask. Finnan was a regular at left-back whilst with Notts County and spent much of his first season with Fulham in that role. He played there with aplomb, I might add. Which makes him a preferable option to the very ordinary Alan Maybury IMHO.

:) PP

dynamo kerry
06/09/2004, 7:27 AM
finnan left full at fulham?

I stand corrected

I still reckon he's as good as harte at many aspects of defending. if not better

Plastic Paddy
06/09/2004, 7:33 AM
finnan left full at fulham?

Yes, only for the first season though (when they were on their rise through the divisions), but he was a consistent performer in that role.

I still reckon he's as good as harte at many aspects of defending. if not better

At the moment, I can't disagree. Hopefullky the Levante move will help Harte reacquaint himself with the finer points of defending. Like tackling. :)

:D PP

Condex
06/09/2004, 7:47 AM
what did this lad ever do to deserve being ridiculed?

I've seen a lot of people mouth off about him being "crap" or a "waste of a jersey" or something

I saw him in Poland and he was crap, should not be in the squad.
Finnan should have been given a run a left full in one of the recent friendlies

John83
06/09/2004, 1:13 PM
At the moment, I can't disagree. Hopefullky the Levante move will help Harte reacquaint himself with the finer points of defending. Like tackling. :)I'd be happy if they can convince him that it might be an idea to look arsed. At least then the winger might think of standing off, instead of just breezing past him.

lopez
06/09/2004, 1:39 PM
what did this lad ever do to deserve being ridiculed?He supported 'Watford' as a kid? :eek:

Schumi
06/09/2004, 2:45 PM
If that's the limit of your praise, I think you have your answer.

Slash/ED
06/09/2004, 3:05 PM
I'm sorry but he's just not very good. He was destroyed by Poland ffs what chance has he got against the top international sides?

dynamo kerry
06/09/2004, 3:16 PM
well by all that I wonder if he will play on Wednesday. If kerr is consistent he will . I don't believe the guy to be good enough either. three years without football when he should have been learning the trade means for me that he is several years behind other players of the same age.

My point however was that he was no worse than harte but less desering of scorn as at least he tries and doesn't expect to be picked. No justification for being picked but no reason for some of the abuse the lad has gotten (not here admittedly)