PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup Final. Derry City vs St Patrick's Athletic

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

PartySaint
16/10/2012, 3:31 PM
Lets face it, this is the only important game left this season.

Is there many non Derr/Pats fans heading to it?

bullit
16/10/2012, 3:39 PM
Too much sugar PS,...............Settle .

i'll be up for the final anyway,Red with a Northern tint ;)

Jofspring
16/10/2012, 4:14 PM
If they are still doing the 10euro tickets then I think I'll come up.

Usually a few limerick fans head up to it.

Lim till i die
16/10/2012, 4:14 PM
I'll be there.

Hope the weathers a bit better than the last Pats Derry final I was at!!!

horton
16/10/2012, 4:20 PM
My birthdays that day so if we lose, I shall be having stern words with Mr Devine:D can anyone recommend somewhere for parking? first time going with the car.

bullit
16/10/2012, 4:31 PM
We'l get your nose put on the jumbo screen Horton

Mr A
16/10/2012, 4:37 PM
My birthdays that day so if we lose, I shall be having stern words with Mr Devine:D can anyone recommend somewhere for parking? first time going with the car.

For the internationals Shelbourne Park can be a good place to park, even if they charge for it. Not sure whether they do it for the cup final though.

Dodge
16/10/2012, 4:47 PM
If they are still doing the 10euro tickets then I think I'll come up.

yeah, its €10 for adult tickets, €5 for kids

nigel-harps1954
16/10/2012, 5:14 PM
Tempted to make a trip down myself. Still haven't been to Aviva particularly because I couldn't be arsed, but would be nice to go see a good cup final for only 10 euro.

ger121
16/10/2012, 10:14 PM
Me and another Bohs lad are gonna head along to it. Was a good day out last year.

horton
17/10/2012, 7:41 AM
Foot.ie section anyone?

El-Pietro
17/10/2012, 9:00 AM

Is there many non Derr/Pats fans heading to it?
I'd go alright but am out of the country that weekend.

marinobohs
17/10/2012, 10:02 AM

Usually tight for parking for Internationals but with slightly (ahem) smaller crowd for Cup final you should get on street parking around Ringsend/Irishtown area (coming in from Toll bridge). Be carefull parking on Shelbourne Road up to Baggot treet area as it is notorious for clamping and even on a Sunday some restrictions apply (24-7 parking charges) Around Shelbourne Park race track is one. Alternative is to park anywhere on DART line (North or Southbound) and DART into Lansdowne Road. Most parking in Dublin will be free on Sundays although some anomalies so check signs locally.

Hoping to make it along so hoping for a decent game.

punkrocket
17/10/2012, 12:25 PM
I used to leave the car at Malahide and Dart it down from there but you can get caught out with trains going to Howth on the way back and end up waiting a while. Last year was a late one what with the penalties and all. I now get the tunnel which cuts out a lot of hassle and then go over the bridge through the toll booth to the roundabout at the end, go round to the right and just park wherever looks handy closer in towards the ground. It's a lot quicker and easier. Don't know about clamping, everyone else is parked all about and it seems all right.

d rovers
17/10/2012, 1:00 PM
Pembroke Wanderers on Serpentine Avenue charge 10 euros to park the cark in their supervised car park, with use of the club bar before & after the game. A few carloads of our gang parked there for the last 2 cup finals & it worked out very handy. Last year on the way out there was a lot of clamped cars on Serpentine Avenue, so keep an eye on the parking restrictions.

http://www.pembrokewanderers.ie/club-info/aviva-car-parking/

Sunny Jim
17/10/2012, 1:15 PM

I think fans of Dundalk, Longford and Waterford might have something to say about that.

PartySaint
17/10/2012, 3:42 PM
I think fans of Dundalk, Longford and Waterford might have something to say about that.

Yeah but f*ck them.

outspoken
18/10/2012, 6:13 PM
Always go to the cup final and I'm really looking forward to this one should be a cracking game with a cracking atmo

Mr A
18/10/2012, 6:22 PM
atmo?!? Sounds like Elmo's vastly more aggressive cousin.

corkharps
18/10/2012, 10:45 PM
Can I go and boo at everybody except the ref and lines people?

PartySaint
20/10/2012, 7:42 PM
Can I go and boo at everybody except the ref and lines people?

Depends who the ref is.

Dodge
23/10/2012, 10:39 AM
http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=5187

Pats tickets on sale this afternoon.

Dodge
23/10/2012, 12:01 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.ie/FAI-Ford-Cup-Final-tickets/artist/5078085

'Neutral' tickets on sale now though ticketmaster

Louth4sam
23/10/2012, 2:07 PM
I assume it will be the same as last year and season tickets for international games will get premium level tickets?

Was great last year standing having a few beers watching it.

Sean South
23/10/2012, 3:38 PM
Foot.ie section anyone?
Oh dear.

outspoken
28/10/2012, 11:49 AM
I know it's early days yet but any word on ticket sales yet? I don't think we will see much more than 20,000.

PartySaint
28/10/2012, 5:25 PM
I know it's early days yet but any word on ticket sales yet? I don't think we will see much more than 20,000.

If it's a decent day weather wise I reckon it will be around the same numbers as last years final. We will bring slightly more than Shels did and Derry will bring slightly less than Sligo did.

Bawnville Hoop
28/10/2012, 6:37 PM
Hopefully a few sensible Hoops going to favour a certain side :)

Pat flynn hatrick.

patrickccfc
30/10/2012, 11:09 AM
heres hoping for a game similar to the 2006 final.. a great watch that was

wonder88
30/10/2012, 2:39 PM
I plan to go up to it, have only been to the new Lansdowne once (LoI v Man utd). Will there be tickets available on the day around the ground (don't like paying booking fees) ?

horton
30/10/2012, 3:35 PM
Unease in the St Pats camp?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/buckley-uncomfortable-with-crolys-rovers-link-3277552.html (http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/buckley-uncomfortable-with-crolys-rovers-link-3277552.html)

ST Patrick's Athletic manager Liam Buckley says there has been some discomfort between himself and assistant boss Trevor Croly amid speculation that the Saints No 2 is in the running to take over at Shamrock Rovers (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Shamrock_Rovers).The issue loomed over yesterday's media event in Inchicore as preparations for Sunday's FAI Ford Cup final step up a gear. Pat's are attempting to bring an end to 51 years of cup misery when they lock horns with Derry City (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Derry_City) at the Aviva Stadium (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Aviva_Stadium).
However, with the majority of players out of contract and possible targets for whoever takes the Rovers hot seat, the situation with Croly has complicated matters.
"It would be uncomfortable, for the want of a word, from my end of it for the last few weeks, without getting into any great detail," said Buckley.
"I wouldn't like that to be the focus of this week, bearing in mind there's a cup final. From his angle, I just don't know, we'll see how that pans out.
"He's done a great job with us this year. If he does happen to move on, I'll thank him and we'll move, but at this minute in time, honest to God, I don't know. If you ask him, you might get a clearer picture of where it's at."
The Saints boss hinted at tension arising from Croly's desire to move into management, while stressing that he can understand his ambitions.
"I know by him sitting on the bench, he wants to make decisions and he can't because I'm there. I've no doubt with Michael O'Neill (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Michael_O'Neill_(footballer)) (Croly was assistant to O'Neill at Shamrock Rovers (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Shamrock_Rovers)) it was the same and whoever he was with before. It's an issue with assistants or coaches that want to be manager. If that's his call, I'll wish him well."
Croly, who was preparing for the training session that followed the interviews, reacted with surprise when informed of Buckley's comments.
"I don't really know what he's talking about," he said. "He can only speak for himself. I don't know what discomfort he has. It's his discomfort."
He refused to be drawn on where he stood with regard to the Rovers job. It's understood that he is a strong contender on the shortlist that the Hoops have drawn up. Brian Laws (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Brian_Laws), who took the reins from Stephen Kenny (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Stephen_Kenny_(footballer)) for the final months of the season -- although he was titled as director of football -- was named as the new manager of Scunthorpe yesterday. Laws was brought in through a sponsor and it was always expected that he would move on after advising the club on the best way forward.
It is unclear as yet if Croly will be part of that vision. "Is it a possibility? Yeah but there's a possibility for everyone to go everywhere isn't there? Real Madrid (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Real_Madrid) as well but Mourinho is probably doing quite well. I don't mean to be funny but anything is a possibility," said the Dubliner.
"We'll all think of the cup this week and then come Monday, the players will be thinking of contracts -- and I'm human, I'll be thinking the same thing.
"We'll deal with it then but it would be silly to look beyond Sunday because it's such a fantastic chance for the group to do something."
- Daniel McDonnell

Hopefully this distraction will work in our favour. Is Buckley out of contract after sunday? on the bright side, at least Pats have ample warning that he might be leaving for Tallaght, unlike what happened with their last manager!

Dodge
30/10/2012, 3:37 PM
Hopefully this distraction will work in our favour. Is Buckley out of contract after sunday? on the bright side, at least Pats have ample warning that he might be leaving for Tallaght, unlike what happened with their last manager!

Buckley's under contract for next year. And the club weren't caught off guard with Pete Mahon seeing as it was their decision...

horton
30/10/2012, 3:55 PM
Sorry I probably worded that badly, I meant the last manager at Shamrock Rovers.:)

TonyD
30/10/2012, 7:40 PM
heres hoping for a game similar to the 2006 final.. a great watch that was

Umm. Great game alright. Horrible, horrible result though. Don't think I could stand yet another Cup Final defeat. Please please please, this has to finally be our year, doesn't it ????

brendy_éire
30/10/2012, 7:42 PM
I plan to go up to it, have only been to the new Lansdowne once (LoI v Man utd). Will there be tickets available on the day around the ground (don't like paying booking fees) ?

We got them on the day last year from the van at the corner of Lansdowne Road and Northumberland Avenue, across the street from the US embassy.

patrickccfc
31/10/2012, 9:04 AM
Umm. Great game alright. Horrible, horrible result though. Don't think I could stand yet another Cup Final defeat. Please please please, this has to finally be our year, doesn't it ????

i think it will be your year,, although derry have hit a bit of form at the right time.. will be close id say but pats to edge it for me

marinobohs
31/10/2012, 9:52 AM
I assume it will be the same as last year and season tickets for international games will get premium level tickets?

Was great last year standing having a few beers watching it.

L4S you should have got tickets for FAI Cup final as part of season ticket (got e mail and had to print them off). If you didnt hear than contact our friends in Abbotstown.

For anyone else interested there will definately be tickets available on the day unless the Stadium sells out which is never going to happen. There will be a number of mobile sales vans around the ground but note tickets on a first come first served basis so if you want a few together you will limit your options by leaving it until the last minute

DaveyCakes
31/10/2012, 10:07 AM
Will premium level tickets be on sale on the day?

marinobohs
31/10/2012, 11:59 AM
Will premium level tickets be on sale on the day?

They were onsale via Ticketmaster so expect any that remain unsold will be available on Sunday. As all Lansdowne season ticket holders get premium level tickets for this game there may be very limited availibility (compared to other sections/levels)

Cuyahoga
31/10/2012, 1:27 PM
Odds for the game are - Derry 11/4, Draw 12/5 ,St. Pats 15/13 ( 90 Mins ) From Boylesports. Derry good value although I think Pats will do it.

PartySaint
31/10/2012, 2:22 PM
Neil Doyle is the ref, knowing only a Pats win will get Rovers into Europe I expect us to get some favourable decisions off him.

Louth4sam
01/11/2012, 8:31 AM
L4S you should have got tickets for FAI Cup final as part of season ticket (got e mail and had to print them off). If you didnt hear than contact our friends in Abbotstown.

For anyone else interested there will definately be tickets available on the day unless the Stadium sells out which is never going to happen. There will be a number of mobile sales vans around the ground but note tickets on a first come first served basis so if you want a few together you will limit your options by leaving it until the last minute

Got them thanks. Feckin email went in to my spam folder. Luckily I was looking there for a different email altogether. Looking forward to this game, will enjoy it a whole lot more if we get past Waterford first

outspoken
01/11/2012, 9:22 AM
Fancy a Derry win myself I just have that feeling the cup curse will put too much pressure on pats and with farren on his way out the script may already be written

BonnieShels
01/11/2012, 8:53 PM
Fancy a Derry win myself I just have that feeling the cup curse will put too much pressure on pats and with farren on his way out the script may already be written

I hope so.

Roll on!

redobit
02/11/2012, 8:34 AM
It will be great to watch the Cup Final from a barstool, for a change.

Dodge
02/11/2012, 9:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGMkujQZXB4

pats video

Candystripe
02/11/2012, 10:49 AM
Nice video Dodge, glad to see a few reminders that you's ain't won tge cup in 51 years!

Have you heard how your ticket sales are going,I hear ours are selling well and the bandwagon is well and truly rolling!

Dodge
02/11/2012, 10:57 AM
SHould be a couple of hundred of us there anyway

Fester
02/11/2012, 1:14 PM
Was just down to Richmond Park tis morning. Pats allocation of a crappy 500 schoolboy/girl tickets are sold out had to get adult.

Keen2win
02/11/2012, 1:16 PM
Will probably go along to this, will there only be neutral stand tickets up for sale?