PDA

View Full Version : MNS - 15th Oct 2012

gael353
15/10/2012, 6:25 PM
WTF is that special needs bird doing? talking us tru the game for all those who have never seen a football match before.

Edit: Just adding the link to the show online (http://www.rte.ie/sport/player/734/341784/)

gael353
15/10/2012, 6:28 PM
Raheny girls winning the cup got more of a mention then Limerick winning the league, oh and in case your waiting for the footage from jackman...it wont be there as the cameras never turned up

Jofspring
15/10/2012, 6:33 PM
Raheny girls winning the cup got more of a mention then Limerick winning the league, oh and in case your waiting for the footage from jackman...it wont be there as the cameras never turned up

Was wondering why there was extra scaffolding behind the goals.

adamd164
15/10/2012, 6:53 PM
They did show the goals when we won the FD last year, but the game was in Tolka Park which meant very little effort required for RTE and even at that, they only showed a ca. 10 second clip of the 3 goals after all the premier games had been covered.

As we all know, unfortunately the First Division gets zilch coverage.

Jofspring
15/10/2012, 6:59 PM
They did show the goals when we won the FD last year, but the game was in Tolka Park which meant very little effort required for RTE and even at that, they only showed a ca. 10 second clip of the 3 goals after all the premier games had been covered.

As we all know, unfortunately the First Division gets zilch coverage.

I wouldn't mind no coverage of the first division if there was proper premier coverage in its place. Sligo winning the league was fantastic and it is the pinnacle in this country but 30+ minutes of an hour long show just about them when the game had been on telly already Saturday was a bit much. They ruined the clips too by going back and forth to the girl.

First time seeing the footage though and I must say the Showgrounds looked top class.

nigel-harps1954
15/10/2012, 7:10 PM
The First Division got even less coverage than usual. At least they usually give the results and fixtures and table. Zero mention on this night.

Awful MNS show tonight. Cringeworthy. Peter Collins is an absolutely awful presenter.

adamd164
15/10/2012, 7:12 PM
Awful MNS show tonight. Cringeworthy. Peter Collins is an absolutely awful presenter.
When they announced that Con Murphy was leaving the show, I was hoping it'd be Tony O'Donoghue taking over. An actual football fan. Instead we have the sound of Jenson Button's engine revving as a backdrop to the other pundits.

A face
15/10/2012, 8:56 PM
WTF is that special needs bird doing? talking us tru the game for all those who have never seen a football match before.

Very harsh but i was watching it with two ten year olds and both of them in near unison asked the very same thing :) It wasn't that bad, i'd just be gutted if i was a Sligo fan.

NeverFeltBetter
15/10/2012, 9:34 PM
MNS ending its FD coverage as it started it. Consistent level of non-interest.

God help those stuck there next season.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
15/10/2012, 9:43 PM
Very harsh but i was watching it with two ten year olds and both of them in near unison asked the very same thing :) It wasn't that bad, i'd just be gutted if i was a Sligo fan.

Gutted was when we played Pats towards the end of last season

NeverFeltBetter
15/10/2012, 9:51 PM
Wow, just watching it now. I don't know if I've ever seen such a laughably stupid production decision in a football highlight show. Were they expecting an audience of people who had never heard of football before?

MeathDrog
15/10/2012, 10:16 PM
The girl was awful. Her optimism was so forced.

Patrick Dunne
15/10/2012, 11:01 PM
Apart from the presenter, most of the Sligo coverage was good ... especially the interviews with the former stars and footage.

bennocelt
16/10/2012, 4:08 AM
Hated the accent

A face
16/10/2012, 9:36 AM
Being honest, I'd have preferred loads of comments for Sligo and Pats fans over there. It would win hands down over any of that scripted 'production' crap any day.

mns@rte.ie

marinobohs
16/10/2012, 10:19 AM
Apart from the presenter, most of the Sligo coverage was good ... especially the interviews with the former stars and footage.

Agree with that. Interviews with players from previous win a good way to mark the end of such a long wait between title wins. Dublin4ette running around Sligo was embarrassing though. :rolleyes:

Sligo Hoops.
16/10/2012, 1:15 PM
Worrying that in his post-match interview Brian Laws said he would be judging whether players would be kept next season. Does he know something we don't ? The board have already made a rash, emotional mistake in dispensing with Stephen Kenny.

cheifo
16/10/2012, 4:43 PM
MNS ending its FD coverage as it started it. Consistent level of non-interest.

God help those stuck there next season.

There will be a regular FD feature next season titled "postcards from the edge" including sombre voice over and this is the end by the Doors in the background. "The horror, the horror"

Jofspring
16/10/2012, 10:34 PM
Worrying that in his post-match interview Brian Laws said he would be judging whether players would be kept next season. Does he know something we don't ? The board have already made a rash, emotional mistake in dispensing with Stephen Kenny.

He made that comment a few weeks ago in the papers and I found it very strange for a man who only has a contract till the end of the season.

marinobohs
17/10/2012, 10:18 AM

Bearing in mind there are only two games to go and shams are out of everything it would be more worrying if he were planning for this season :rolleyes: Most of the squad are out of contract and I suspect he is using this to try and gee up their efforts in the remaining games.

Gotta hope he has a 'plan B' :o

gael353
29/10/2012, 8:16 PM
In tonights show, while im happy for both Waterford and Longford that they got their 2 min piece its a disgrace that the champions of the first division recieving their trophy last week or any footbage of them throughout the season was not shown. Hats off to Monaghan too for comming second in the league :)

outspoken
29/10/2012, 8:48 PM
Why on earth do mns always put the cameras in the wrong stand? RSC made to look empty, shocking highlights and no mention from the pannel that is was waterfords highest attendance this season or that the atmosphere was fantastic. No intrest in the first division at all from them.

nigel-harps1954
30/10/2012, 12:35 AM
There was some fairly sub-standard goals in the Goal of the Season competition I thought. Waters goal for Bray at the weekend was equal to any of the goals on that list and it wasn't included.

blue til i die
30/10/2012, 1:56 AM
Why on earth do mns always put the cameras in the wrong stand? RSC made to look empty, shocking highlights and no mention from the pannel that is was waterfords highest attendance this season or that the atmosphere was fantastic. No intrest in the first division at all from them.

Probably something to do with there being no place for a camera to go in the new stand. Agreed it looks daft but all logistical. Not sure exactly what the camera was at for Kirby's goal either :confused:

NeverFeltBetter
30/10/2012, 2:16 AM
I try not to get frustrated too much at MNS, but I'll admit this bothered me. They couldn't show 10 seconds of the Limerick team celebrating the other week?

brendy_éire
30/10/2012, 12:41 PM

Logistics of the grounds just. The Brandywell looks horrible on MNS when the camera is in the new stand. But there's nothing over the other side for a camera to go on. Unless it's a live match, in which case they get some scaffolding up.

gormacha
30/10/2012, 1:24 PM
Interesting to see where MNS figures in the grand scheme of things at RTE. I just bought one of those new-fangled smart tv thingies. You can run apps on it, including RTE Player, which is a modified version to the one you normally get online. You can't get MNS on it at all. It's simply not there.

brendy_éire
30/10/2012, 7:48 PM
Interesting to see where MNS figures in the grand scheme of things at RTE. I just bought one of those new-fangled smart tv thingies. You can run apps on it, including RTE Player, which is a modified version to the one you normally get online. You can't get MNS on it at all. It's simply not there.

Same as the PS3 app then, not on it either.
I'd imagine the viewing figures aren't great, assuming that it's only the most popular shows that make it to the app.

Jofspring
30/10/2012, 7:49 PM
It never seems to be available on the iPad app either.

Mad Moose
17/11/2012, 6:25 PM
Just watched the end of season review programme. Never liked Con Murphy. His head was always on football over here referring to 'Utd' or 'City' and only too glad to return to the comfort of his barstool knowledge. Not a great fan of Peter Collins. Seriously what age is the man? He's been around for donkey's years and there's no sign of ageing. I guess as a review programme within an hour he had to but it was frustrating he never allowed a conversation get going on anything and he was away moving it on.

Loved the end piece though on the banks of the canal with Kavanagh draped in a Monaghan Utd scarf. The helium additions from Roddy and Aaron Callaghan were unnecessary but a good piece that would have been better had it been just a little longer. Hairs stood on my face during that piece.