PDA

View Full Version : Last game v Wexford Youths

kingpin4
13/10/2012, 12:22 AM
Anyone care if we win or lose? Party time?
Probable team...
Cusack
Cowpar
Guthrie
Calla
Bhandarkar
Colin Daly
Jeff Judge
James McGrath
Paudie Quinn
Barry Ryan
Dave Ryan

Just kidding obviously :P

Can't wait to see Paddy get the cup...
Anyone know the story with the medals? Every squad member get one or do they have to play a certain amount of games?

bluepowers
13/10/2012, 3:48 AM
6-0 Limerick Pressure off , goals from Purcell , Kelly , O Brien , Brosnan , Behan and Steven Bradley :)

Cusack
Kelly , Purcell , Treacy , Tracy
Bradley , McGann , O Leary , Derek O Brien
Behan , Brosnan

think there is only a certain amount of medals , hope people like Coughlan , McGrath and Collins get there medals

NeverFeltBetter
13/10/2012, 7:35 AM
0-0. Expect a pretty poor match in quality terms with neither team especially bothered.

The EPL rules are something like 6 appearances needed, something like that?

thomas72
13/10/2012, 7:44 AM
Joe gamble suspended AGAIN does anyone know how many yellow cards he picked up this season?

2-0 win tonight

Jofspring
13/10/2012, 8:24 AM
Joe Gamble has 8 Yellows and 1 Red. At least he is serving it tonight and not carrying it over to next season. In saying that though isn't his contract up now so he may not even be around next year.

gael353
13/10/2012, 8:42 AM
Playing Cusack would be the right thing to do but i doubt he'll get a game let alone a few mins with that stupid stupid stupid three keeper trick they keep doing at friendlies. BTW did anyone notice from the photos we ended last week playing with two keepers ;)

bluewhitearmy
13/10/2012, 9:52 AM
Joe Gamble has 8 Yellows and 1 Red. At least he is serving it tonight and not carrying it over to next season. In saying that though isn't his contract up now so he may not even be around next year.

No he has another year left does Joe.

Acornvilla
13/10/2012, 10:43 AM
Going tonight, dragging the missus along as well, shall be her 1st and hopefully last visit to Jackman park. :D If ye see a lad with a camera, its probably me so just know its a depressed town fan

soccer8
13/10/2012, 8:47 PM
Limerick 1-3 Wexford treacy from the spot and a Furlong hat-trick for wexford

Purcell and kelly sent off for Limerick

LFC Blue
14/10/2012, 1:27 AM
After supporting the club for twenty years it was great to see them finally lift the first division title tonight. Pity Limerick You're a Lady wasn't belted out of the PA system instead of that chieftains song. I suppose they can't get everything right. Fine crowd aswell tonight. Tis vital wit get into the Markets Field ASAP as Jackman is a truly awful venue. Roll on the premier 2013.

Acornvilla
14/10/2012, 1:39 AM
Froze my balls off

Jofspring
14/10/2012, 3:42 PM
Froze my balls off

Should have got a few pints into you…..I know I wasn't cold :D

Acornvilla
14/10/2012, 5:40 PM
Should have got a few pints into you…..I know I wasn't cold :D
Haha believe me I was tempted :D

Great crowd and atmosphere at the game in fairness lads

NeverFeltBetter
15/10/2012, 1:14 AM
On the match alone: Disappointing and frustrating. Didn't see Purcell's foul (needed some hot food to ward off the bitter weather!) but was informed it was deserved. Kelly, I've seen them given and not given. It was a bit of a lunge. More confused as to why such tackles were even made given the context of the game itself.

We would have walked it with 11, and didn't look too bad with 10. Again, as has been the case since Gaffney got injured, accuracy and completion was a problem. We had a lot of chances all game, and it took yet another penalty to get a score. Can't always depend on them coming. We have had a serious problem coverting chances in the last few weeks, so I think a new forward option is certainly required. Maybe Mr Furlong would be interested.

Wexford weren't fantastic, and it says something that they only really became a goal-scoring threat when our main central defender was off the field. Furlong, unmarked for a simple header. Furlong, busting through the centre for a simple finish. Furlong, tapping it in when the last remnants of the defence had given up the ghost.

Upfront, we worked well and caused a lot of problems, especially down the left flank. Coughlan and Judge just tormented the Wexford defence that side, and got off several curling efforts. Felt we should have exploited that avenue more. Youths keeper was equal to them, and I kinda wish they had shot a bit quicker on some occasions rather than keep trying to turn inside.

Behan worked hard all night, been really impressed with him the last while, I just wish he could get a few more shots off during a game. Poor Collins had to make way early again after a red-card, he wasn't up to much anyway. Coughlan and Judge impressed me most last night, as did O'Leary. Limerick kept up the attack once they found themselves level, and it was certainly a bit of a sucker-punch when Wexford got their second after a period of Blue dominance.

Kept plugging away, but the second red seemed to just kill it really. Eventually the Limerick back four just when walkabout seeking an equalizer, and Wexford's third was the result. Fine to see such committed attack in a game like this, a "dead rubber", but hope not to see it repeated when it does matter.

On everything else:

Great crowd, great atmosphere, great night (bar the cold). Gotta hand it to the lads in the stand, kept up the chants all night, badly needed given the result of the match. Pipe band, temp bar, FAI heads, oh very glitzy it was. Had to laugh at O'Sullivan's plea for people to stay off the pitch, was just never gonna happen was it? (Actually, on that, one of the only things I really dislike about Jackman, though its not exclusive to it of course, is the amount of kids just running around the place all game who don't give a toss about the match. Not sure what you can do about it though)

Presentation was great, maybe the speeches went on a bit too long, but you could see how much it meant to the players, the fans. Thought it was nice of Scully to leave the players too it as well.

Also, I'll second the dislike of the song choice, I'm not a huge fan of "Limerick, You're A Lady", but even that would have been better than the drawl of the Chieftains several times over.

Who cares though? Champions!

sadloserkid
15/10/2012, 9:12 AM
There seems a lot of division on the red cards, I thought Purcell was hard done and Kelly had to go tbh. :) A fantastic night for the club though, worth waiting for!

bluewhitearmy
15/10/2012, 1:55 PM
Real pity that Paddy and Shaun will miss our first few games in the prem now.

sadloserkid
15/10/2012, 3:07 PM
Real pity that Paddy and Shaun will miss our first few games in the prem now.

Had that thought myself. Makes another centre-half even more of a priority.

NeverFeltBetter
15/10/2012, 4:09 PM
FAI website says Furlong actually didn't score the first goal for Youths on Saturday, though other stat sites say he did. I could have sworn it was the #9 with that header, but some Wexford fans in the weekend fixtures thread think otherwise.

This actually does kind of matter, because with the hat-trick Furlong is the clear top scorer in the league this year, but with just two he's tied on 13 with Kevin McHugh and Sean Maguire. Anyone else at the match on Saturday have an idea?

Jofspring
15/10/2012, 5:47 PM
The Wexford youths players seemed to be congratulating Furlong on the hat-trick over on twitter.

KevB76
15/10/2012, 6:25 PM
No chance he'll send me back the match ball so I suppose?