PDA

View Full Version : Harps 1-Cobh 0

ramblers
04/09/2004, 8:58 PM
Brosnan sent off in the 91st minute.

Not a good start for the New Manager.

Hopefully someone will post a match report.

Report: Finn Harps 1-0 Cobh Ramblers

Finn Harps 1-0 Cobh Ramblers
McGrenaghan 58

A Paddy McGrenaghan strike put Finn Harps top of the eircom First Division table as they ruined Stephen Henderson’s first match in charge of Cobh Rambers.

McGrenaghan's shot from the edge of the box somehow squeezed under the body of 'keeper David Hennessey and rolled into the net to break the deadlock to give Harps a deserved victory as they missed a number of chances early on with the best being an Eloka Asokuh header that hit the bar.
Cobh might also have scored in the 57th minute when Keiran O'Reilly shot into the side netting from close range while Alan Keely cleared another O’Reilly effort off the line before Ramblers were reduced to ten men in the last minute when Robert Brosnan was sent off.

Teams:
Finn Harps: Gallagher, Asokuh, Minnock, Boyle, Keely, Mohan, Crossam, McGrenaghan, Breen, McHugh, Gorman.
Subs: Connolly for Breen (62 mins), Funston (66 mins), Ferry for Asokuh (85 mins).

Cobh Ramblers: Hennessey; Hastings, Meade, Brosnan, Byrne, Mulconry, Tynan, Warren, O'Reilly, C O'Shea, Laugheed.
Subs: Falvey for Hastings, M O’Shea for C O’Shea (69 mins).

Referee: H Whoriskey (Meath).

dancinpants
04/09/2004, 9:11 PM
I know the feeling (cup games against $hel$ excluded) :mad:

cobhrambler 16
04/09/2004, 9:33 PM
FCUK SAKE!!!! sums it up!

brossy....must off been somethin serious if he walked?!

we did have players missing but then again it could of ben a different game if we had a striker?

gael353
04/09/2004, 10:43 PM
Cobh lads, how many of ye're players have been sent off in league games, lets say in the last three (3) years? It just seems to me that every time i see Cobh on the aertel there is a red name(s) after it indicatiing a sending off. any ideas/

cobhrambler 16
04/09/2004, 11:58 PM
a good few!!

tonycuna
05/09/2004, 9:23 AM
Brosnan sent off in the 91st minute.

Not a good start for the New Manager.

Hopefully someone will post a match report.

Anyone could help me about the progress of the match, and about our table position?
I'm an italian fan of Cobh Ramblers and it's hard for me to follow the results.
Thank you very much!

cobhrambler 16
05/09/2004, 11:32 AM
harps goal was a bit of luck. it slipped under hennesy!