PDA

View Full Version : France 0 - 0 Israel (FT)

RĂ©iteoir
04/09/2004, 8:56 PM
Good result for us - I think so!

Just finshed watching the game on Sky Digital (watched it on the free French channel they carry called TV5) - been flipping between that and watching England getting embarrased by Austria :D

The French crowd booing them as they came off - and the Israeli end are ecstatic!

Israel played pretty well defensively - that's a 2 point lead for us then!

A nice present for me if we beat Switzerland...

...It's my 25th birthday on Wednesday!

dynamo kerry
04/09/2004, 9:55 PM
great stuff

didn't israel fook up france's qualifying for somthign else in the 90's.

there's a history there anyway. great day for footie. loads of smashing results.

Fergie's Son
04/09/2004, 9:58 PM
How did the Israeli's play? we do have to head to Tel Aviv so I am a little worried. Great start for us but we need a result against the Swiss. A win would really put us in the driving seat. LEt's hope we can build on this.

IsMiseSean
04/09/2004, 10:11 PM
I didn't know the French game was on Sky Digital, its not very often I check the listings for TV5.

Good result for us, lifts my confidence for the French game

tricky_colour
04/09/2004, 11:37 PM
Its a bit of a double edged sword though, we might have
problems with the Israel's too?
Also the Swizz 6-0 was a good result (for them), didn't the Faroes hold
Scotland to draw recently?
The Faroes have got some better results than you might expect
with only the occasional 6-0'er

Im not sure whether it is goal diff or results between teams which
counts in a tie, I think it is the latter first so the Swizz game could
be crucial, and we aint had much luck with them in the past.

I would settle for a draw away if pushed, but should either team win it
they will in a great postion, especially if it us.

thejollyrodger
05/09/2004, 8:39 AM
I cant see France winning all their games, I reckon the wont loose any but will have a few draws. There a side still in transistion and dont think they will be winning the world cup in 2006.

I would have watched the match if I knew it was on TV5. I must check the listings for further matches.

Everyone is going to have problems playing in Israel. They have a few good players and its going to be tough getting a win or a draw.

As for England, the usual hype about how many great players they have but they need a new keeper and dont look anything special.

brine3
05/09/2004, 11:42 AM
TV5 shows all of the French home matches, soccer and r*gby.

only1kilbane
05/09/2004, 11:43 AM
game was on setanta yday as well as the swiss game. France looked very poor and hopefully wont have much confidence when they face us. They only have to play faroe before us so they should win that easily anyway.. Switz looked ok but faroe were worse than cyprus which says a lot !

4tothefloor
05/09/2004, 6:59 PM
Israel are also in a good position now as they have come out of their hardest game in the group unscathed. They should beat Cyprus easily on wednesday and that will be a great start for them. Should ourselves and the Swiss draw, you would have to take Israel seriously as contenders for the playoff spot. Tel Aviv will be a very difficult place to go, they're well capable of drawing with ourselves and France there, and beating the rest. The Swiss aren't great away from home.

Slash/ED
05/09/2004, 7:07 PM
It backs up what people were saying all along though we really should have played France away first, they wont be this badly organised by the time we meet them.