PDA

View Full Version : French end in Paris.......

kennedy
03/09/2004, 10:48 AM
I've been to a few away games in the past but always in the Ireland end. Do you think there will be any issues with the police or security about letting Irish fans in the French end. Some friends couldn't get in to the Belguim end in the two legged play off a good few years ago as they had colours on and missed the game. So those of you with experience, should it be ok getting in and should we wear colours?

petef
03/09/2004, 11:15 AM
Good post, fair point. I'd be hesitant about wearing colours be interesting to see what other people think, you'd like to think that it wouldn't be a problem, you just never know.

NeilMcD
03/09/2004, 1:07 PM
I was in the Swiss end for the match last year and we had the same concern but it was no problem and We all had our colours

gspain
03/09/2004, 1:16 PM
I suspect this will become a bigger story. Best to go in with colours covered up but then no problem I imagine displaying them.

When the numbers travelling becomes clearer the rpess will probably cotton on and then the French will eventually stop selling tickets to Irish addresses.

eirebhoy
03/09/2004, 3:12 PM
Celtic fans travel to other countries in tens of thousands and never have problems getting in the opposition's end with a Celtic jersey on.

Think about it. When they sell you tickets they don't specifically say that the French are only allowed buy them.

brine3
03/09/2004, 9:41 PM
In fairness the English fans were mixed in with opposition fans at Euro 2004 and there were no problems.

lopez
04/09/2004, 12:28 PM
Times are-a-changing in football, particularly in international football where hooliganism is much lower than at club level (the record of the Scum obviously is put aside in this thesis but even they look to be finally putting their house in order). International tournaments are played to mixed crowds now and I can't see the French objecting to the Irish unless we are 2-0 up from two dubious penalties.

Swizerland as Neil said was no prob last year, but I still went along with a coat just in case Irish fans were being turned away. Still, it's wise IMO to cover the colours until inside the ground. I know the French police are a bit touchy although with France and Ireland meeting regularly in rugby with mixed crowds, this may be a slightly exaggerated statement.

Pat O' Banton
06/09/2004, 3:01 PM
In Amsterdam a few years back they let me in even though the stewards must have thought I was some bizzare Argentinian/Cuban/Irish/Dutch man with a Scottish football baseball cap. :eek:

Fergie's Son
06/09/2004, 4:35 PM
Just got my 4 tickets for the match. Six rows up right in the middle of the pitch. Very nice seats indeed. Not as happy with the raping I received at the hands of Aer Lingus. $400 for a flight to Paris that weekend...#@*#$@ me!

johnp
08/09/2004, 8:03 AM
I got my tix yesterday, but couldn't find a map of the stadium to work out where they are, any ideas? I just got them from the ticketnet site and it auto-selected them.
As to the price, we're heading to London first (cheapy-cheap flights) and then taking the Eurostar over. Works out a good bit cheaper...........

Junior
08/09/2004, 8:52 AM
try this thread, therese one on there.

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=17174

johnp
08/09/2004, 9:07 AM
try this thread, therese one on there.

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=17174

nice one! ta!