PDA

View Full Version : Ireland V Germany 12th October & Faroe Islands 16th October 2012 - World Cup 2014 Q

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

tricky_colour
12/10/2012, 8:26 PM
We new a goal loan from the ECB or the IMF.

Maroon 7
12/10/2012, 8:29 PM
No joke to say San Marino are giving England a much tougher game.

dancinpants
12/10/2012, 8:30 PM
6-0. Trap your position is officially untenable.

Charlie Darwin
12/10/2012, 8:30 PM
This is what happens when you spring a new system on a team 3 years too late. Abysmal. Didn't think I'd be saying this but Trap out.

elroy
12/10/2012, 8:31 PM
6-0. Trap your position is officially untenable.

I was a Trap fan upto the Euros. Ever since then my support has been in decline but tonight it has officially extinguished. Has to go. RECORD home defeat. Terrible.

As someone said earlier, San Marino wouldnt be as poor as we have been tonight.

NeverFeltBetter
12/10/2012, 8:35 PM
My criticism has reached such levels on Twitter that they've stopped me from tweeting for a few hours.

Anyway, it didn't have to be like this. Players could have been introduced to the team earlier, the system should have been altered earlier in his tenure. We are not as good as Germany, but I genuinely don't think we should be six goals behind them. We are 3rd seeds, not 6th. New management is needed, but I also think the Faeroe's game will have a bearing on Trap's immediate future.

dancinpants
12/10/2012, 8:36 PM
Andorra AWAY to Holland only shipped 3 goals.
Malta AWAY to Czech Rep only shipped 3 goals.
Faroes pushed Sweden all the way.

We're approaching "minnow" status.

Noelys Guitar
12/10/2012, 8:36 PM
Trap should be gone immediately after the game. We can still get out of this group as the second best team. Bring in an emergency manager for Tuesdays game and try retrieve the situation. We can't afford to drop points on Tuesday.

theworm2345
12/10/2012, 8:37 PM
:shock:

Masterstroke from Trap

Charlie Darwin
I've always said Andy Keogh would get a big goal for us some day. Great delivery from Brady.

Fixer82
ANDY KEOGH!!!!! The comeback is on!

ken foree
12/10/2012, 8:38 PM
trap survives! :embarrassed:

shakermaker1982
12/10/2012, 8:40 PM
Go on Trap fans - defend that!!!

Uncle_Joe
6-Headed goal by Keogh. Did anyone else notice the the T for Trapattoni gesture after the goal?

tricky_colour
That's Trap all over, a player who can actually change a game (Brady) gets a few minutes when the game is over.

peadar1987
The secret is to make sure we're not already out of the game when we score our 93rd minuter

BonnieShels
Like Charlie I'm now done.

:-(

Sullivinho
12/10/2012, 8:43 PM
An Andy Keogh consolation goal is the cherry that rancid cake of a performance deserved.

Stan walked the plank after a 1-1 draw against Cyprus. That was a respectable score in comparison.

NeverFeltBetter
Brady looks shell-shocked.

elroy
6-Headed goal by Keogh. Did anyone else notice the the T for Trapattoni gesture after the goal?

T for time up trap more like.

Im afraid that worse could be to come. Would you bet on us winning in the Faroes next week and lets face it, we must win there.

I think it will take a bad result there for Trap to be sent home.

Noelys Guitar
12/10/2012, 8:44 PM
Its the same as 6-0 away to Austria under Touhy and the 4-1 home defeat under Hand. And I agree with Cunningham and Richardson on RTE radio that its clear a lot of players have stopped playing for him. Cunningham just saying that the players have lost confidence in the manager.

Diarmo
12/10/2012, 8:44 PM
Unfortunately, it's time for Trap to go. Never thought it would end like this.

NeverFeltBetter
12/10/2012, 8:45 PM
"This didn't happen tonight" says Dunphy. Sad to say it, but he's right.

tricky_colour
12/10/2012, 8:48 PM
So Robbie Brady has played less than 90 minutes for Ireland and has 1 goal and 3 assists

[edit] he was involved in all 4 of the Oman goals, he provide the corner for one assist.

So he played a key role in 5 goals in a sum total of 90 minutes, a goal contribution every 18 minutes.

Noelys Guitar
12/10/2012, 8:49 PM
Unfortunately we don't we really have a Giles like player manager in the squad who could take charge for Tuesdays game. Maybe O'Shea picking the team with Alan Kelly for Tuesdays game only. Otherwise this is going to go from bad to worse.

Uncle_Joe
12/10/2012, 8:50 PM
And I agree with Cunningham and Richardson on RTE radio that its clear a lot of players have stopped playing for him. Cunningham just saying that the players have lost confidence in the manager.
I feel the same thing happened to Kerr. He was a good manager but for some reason the players just stopped believing in him. It does look like the same ha shappened with Trap. Unfortunately it's probably time to call it a day and I really fear we will be following scotland into the wilderness for some time to come.

NeverFeltBetter
12/10/2012, 8:54 PM
John O'Shea - brief and clearly demoralised.

theworm2345
12/10/2012, 8:55 PM
Good news everyone...Israel beat Luxembourg 6-0 at home so we don't have the worst result on the day.

Noelys Guitar
12/10/2012, 8:55 PM
Richardson thinks he will resign. I don't believe he will. Cunningham saying the bond has broken and can't be fixed.

Diarmo
12/10/2012, 8:56 PM
Yeah, it reminds me of the insipid performances against Switzerland and Cyprus at the end of the 06 WC Qualifiers. We need Trap out soon, as we may get that "bounce" from a new manager and time in the friendlies during November and February to prepare for Sweden.

ken foree
12/10/2012, 8:59 PM
it's a bitter, mirthless laughter escaping my lips upon reading that!

gastric
12/10/2012, 9:00 PM
Lads, didn't see the game, just got the updates. Maybe I was lucky! Did anyone play well and how did Coleman and McCarthy go?

Diarmo
12/10/2012, 9:01 PM
Wow. I'm almost think of starting a fundit, or some sort of online site where people pledge a euro each to help the FAI pay off his severance.

I think a new manager needs to be in place for the November and February friendlies.

born2bwild
12/10/2012, 9:07 PM
I haven't been this demoralised since Derry beat Shels on Wednesday.

Yeah - O'Shea as interim player manager - Trap bye bye.

I'll pledge 100 euros to the severance fund.

Noelys Guitar
12/10/2012, 9:07 PM
Wow. I'm almost think of starting a fundit, or some sort of online site where people pledge a euro each to help the FAI pay off his severance.

I think a new manager needs to be in place for the November and February friendlies.
And leave him in charge for Tuesdays game? If push came to shove the FAI could have Noel King in charge for the game or just Alan Kelly. It would lift the mood of the players and probably get us the three points.

theworm2345
12/10/2012, 9:08 PM
It used to hurt when we lost...now I feel relatively basically no worse than before the match.

Fixer82
12/10/2012, 9:17 PM
Lads, didn't see the game, just got the updates. Maybe I was lucky! Did anyone play well and how did Coleman and McCarthy go?
Coleman was pretty good, McCarthy had moments where he showed class but overall the Germans were man-for-man better than us

TrapAPony
12/10/2012, 9:19 PM
Unfortunately, it's time for Trap to go.

Nothing unfortunate about it, long overdue

brine3
12/10/2012, 9:26 PM
It was almost like watching Toronto FC vs Real Madrid

geysir
12/10/2012, 9:34 PM
We were okay after the 5th goal, but that 6th goal ,,,,

It's not about the players, Long over Walters/Cox or Wilson over Ward, no matter who we have playing - the team be set up to play hoofball with no confidence or strategy to play it on the ground, quite astonishing really.
Even the Faroes did their upmost to play football on the ground against Sweden.

Small mercies, Coleman, Brady and Walters' constant effort.

placid casual
12/10/2012, 9:41 PM
ah well shure not to worry.
there's always the trip to the faroes and we'll shake a shamrock for the boys in green.
tell davy keogh i said a big hello;)

abcd
12/10/2012, 9:47 PM
The time has come for a fresh approach. Whether it will or can come to pass I don't know but it must. Have always backed Trapattoni but things have been on the slide for a while now and such an abject performance at home just caps off our decline really. Staunton got the boot for his failings now Trap must be moved on.

However, everyone needs to bang their heads together for Tuesday because any slip ups there and the campaign can't be ressurected. If we get a win, 2nd is still to play for as I don't think Germany will drop any points in this campaign and there's about 5-6 months until our next competitive game so we can examine all our options.

For all Trap shortcomings recently, the players owe it to themselves and the Irish people to not make any stupid f*** ups on Tuesday.

schoolboygodno9
12/10/2012, 9:51 PM
lads just back from the local rte should be ashamed of themselves giving jon walters mom surely we can see that the superior team won and give the mom to them fellas must have fell off the chair when they saw that come on in fairness

Uncle_Joe
12/10/2012, 9:52 PM
the team be set up to play hoofball with no confidence or strategy to play it on the ground, quite astonishing really.
I actually thought we passed it about a lot more than usual in the first half. Up to O'Shea's lucky escape we tended to try and pass the ball out of situations rather than hoof it. I thought this might be because of Fahey but it's more likely that it was simply the fact that we had 5 in midfield at that time.
So many things seem against us at the moment. Playing Croatia, Spain, Italy and Germany in so close together has really shown us up but I really don't think we have the players to even bother top international teams at the moment. I don't think changing the manger will change that much to be honest but I'm starting to feel horribly numb to our results at this stage. Defeats have always made me feel depressed but like Worm mentioned earlier I'm starting to feel depressed in the build up before games.

schoolboygodno9
12/10/2012, 10:06 PM
lads we were on a hiding to nothing tnite but look we have the faroes nxt and sweden struggled tnite against them zlatan got the winner id be more worried tues night than i was tonight

mark12345
12/10/2012, 10:28 PM
i hope trap has enough dignity to offer his resignation after this.

You think Trap is the only problem? Really? How about eleven players offering their resignation as well? As Ray Houghton said - this is how far Ireland are behind the good teams in Europe.

Bottom line we have to go back to the basics. It's football, not air ball. That means you keep it on the floor, you pass and move for a return pass, and move again for another return pass.

Another bottom line. Did anyone see any Messi or Ronaldo tricks out there from the Germans? I know I didn't. So what does that tell you? It tells you the Germans played simple intelligent football, no frills, just bloody simple stuff. The game is simple and we can't even play it. So that makes us simpletons.

Crosby87
12/10/2012, 10:30 PM
The big question is, will there be a hangover for the Faroe match?

mark12345
12/10/2012, 10:42 PM
ARE THERE ANY COACHES OUT THERE AMONG YOU?

If so I would love to hear your thoughts. Wave the magic wand and put yourself in Trap's shoes for the remainder of the campaign. What are your priorities to right this ship before it sinks? I know from the coaching I've done, I would find players to trouble the opposition defence. You have to have a tip to your spear - if not it's a pointless exercise. We didn't have that today - our best option was to have a Long, Brady axis. But we didn't. First mistake. You also need to be a fortress in defence. We don't have that right now. O'Dea is somewhat blameless because he was a second or third choice but O'Shea is certainly to blame and so is Trap for persisting with him. If you've seen my posts on here over time you know I've called him the worst defender Ireland has ever produced. Nothing that we saw from him today changed that. We have persisted with players who are substandard defenders. As a coach you should move others into plug the gap - perhaps Andrews playing beside Dunne or Sledge or keep going down the pecking order to find a jewel of a player. Any thoughts on coaching?

shaneker
12/10/2012, 10:48 PM
Trying to think what to write, but what's the point. We've been destroyed at home.

It's time for Trap to go. But he should be remembered alongside Jack and Mick as one of the few who took us to the top table. For me, he'll always have that and be regarded as one of the best we've had. But we can't accept this - he's clearly lost the players and he took far too long to accept that we needed to change the way we played.

Sad that it ended this way.

mark12345
12/10/2012, 10:54 PM
Yeah - O'Shea as interim player manager - Trap bye bye.

My friend, if you want O'Shea as an interim manager or indeed if you want him to have anything more to do with this team, you need to find a different sport to follow because you clearly know nothing about football.