PDA

View Full Version : Fai Cup

Clifford
02/09/2004, 11:31 AM
All right lads,

I'm Cliffy's biggest fan, but follow the Mount who are comin to get ya next week. Any info on kick off time, date etc yet?

I suppose you guys will bury us, but sher we'll have a bit of a laugh and enjoy our day out......go easy on us.

I suppose you lot are cup favourites?

max power
02/09/2004, 11:48 AM
ha ha blahford cup favourites ha ha......great result for them last night, but cup favourites ha ha

Clifford
02/09/2004, 12:08 PM
Aha, a man from the club with no history, fair play to yee for the cup win the other night, think blaas or drogs would be favourites still though.

max power
02/09/2004, 12:10 PM
ha ha a club with no history, have look at cork and their 20 years in existance.....try 80

Clifford
02/09/2004, 12:49 PM
Who said nowt about Cork? You paranoid man/woman from the Whist....I happen to feel the same way about City, but Cork is a bit vague, many many clubs to digest in Cork - which one's are you refering to?

max power
02/09/2004, 12:50 PM
there are 2 clubs in cork, city and cobh....city is to i refer to

Clifford
02/09/2004, 12:55 PM
Two clubs in Cork? You jest surely, when did Shortford join the LOI and what did they do til then?

max power
02/09/2004, 12:57 PM
we joined in 84 i believe and were in the lenister leagues since 1924 when we were founded.....

there are to el clubs in cork, but i am open to correction on that......

sparkey
02/09/2004, 1:00 PM
Clifford you have got to be the biggest sh1t stirrer to come out of the peoples republic of egoland for quite sometime. Obiviously History or Geography were not of High priority at the Hedge school you attended. Our club are not from the Whist ( or even the west), we are the pride of the Midlands and have a very proud 80 year history. Senior soccer in Cork has had more name changes and identies than Continuity Home Farm/Fingal/Leeds/Everton or whatever The ROD likes to call them these days.

Clifford
02/09/2004, 1:01 PM
You said 2 clubs, be a bit clearer my good an, come on now keep up.

Do you think you'll win it this year? I can see Kildare county being the surprise package.

max power
02/09/2004, 1:06 PM
how many el clubs in cork were founded 20 years ago clifford, the mouse on the wheel will have to work a bit faster up there.

once we beat scumlone i don't really mind about the cup,league is more important to me

Clifford
02/09/2004, 1:41 PM
Relax the cacks. Amazing the arrogence that "fans" of a club can assume after three years of being half decent - well done Spunky, assuming I'm from Cork -totally wrong, but sher don't let that get in the way of invading another club's message board.

Ah, Max, so now it's only "el" clubs, don't really care about them to be honest, but I'm sure you'll twist this in some way also. You said earlier 2 clubs in Cork, what total cack.

For the record the FAI say the match is goin ahead on Fri at 7.30pm for any Waterford fans not bored by these Longford "toughmen".

max power
02/09/2004, 1:50 PM
Aha, a man from the club with no history, fair play to yee for the cup win the other night, think blaas or drogs would be favourites still though.

sorry clifford but i replied to your dig about longford being a club with no history.....if ya don't like the responses ya got, don't post about our club.

Clifford
02/09/2004, 1:58 PM
sorry clifford but i replied to your dig about longford being a club with no history.....if ya don't like the responses ya got, don't post about our club.

"ha ha blahford cup favourites ha ha......great result for them last night, but cup favourites ha ha"

The above was your first quote on a thread in the Waterford section, it's sad really........nothing to do with ya really in all fairness.

And as I said before you'll twist this some other way I assume so good luck to ya, pity you've ruined the image many had of your happy go lucky club.

max power
02/09/2004, 2:01 PM
and what image would that be.....sorry its a public forum and i disagreed with you about them being cup fav's.....drogs are with most of the bookies.

and if your not a blahford supporter, what are you doing posting on this forum either :confused:

Clifford
02/09/2004, 2:18 PM
Duh, read original post - slow day in the Asylum is it?

Image was of a decent club, but if you and spunky are typical fans then ha ha, what a bunch of jokers. Shame really as I say.

So you've a gambling problem as well? Boy oh boy, you were hit by the unlucky branch as you fell from the tree.

max power
02/09/2004, 2:24 PM
well i don't think there is such a thing as a typical fan to be honest, but i won't put up with anyone saying our club has no history.......

no gambling problem just reading the threads on the genreal board about the cup odds.

Clifford
02/09/2004, 2:49 PM
So any Waterford fans looking forward to the game next Friday?

The Mount will put up a tough battle, but they are missing one or two. Boots will be looking forward to it, as will Murphy, but Rockmount are defensively sound and will have nothing to lose on the night.

Could be a sticky one for the cup favourites, in my humble opinion.

max power
02/09/2004, 2:52 PM
one of the cup favourites, thats more like it clifford ;) .....hope yee stuff blahford to be honest :D

Clifford
02/09/2004, 3:04 PM
:p

Ha ha, Max you the man. That's all you had to say in the first place!! Wishing you Midlanders all the very best in the final against us.

I notice we now have the biggest amount of replies on the Waterford board, ha ha, what does that say about them?

Dick Long
03/09/2004, 10:51 AM
Clifford, this is not the message board that Waterford fans use - check links.
We are actually 5/2 or 11/4 Cup favourites with all the major bookmakers, chiefly because we have what - on paper - looks the softest draw. I'd have preferred Athlone at home myself (Max). I think Drogheda look good value at 9/2 but will have their work cut out against UCD but that price will be a snip if they progress. I'll take Longford at home in the semis, we owe you lot big time Max - 3 times you've knocked us out in 5 seasons.

eL Bettor
03/09/2004, 11:28 AM
MAX:

There is no 'h' in BLAA!

Don't insult our local delicacy. :) :D

max power
03/09/2004, 11:31 AM
sorry i didn't realise you couldn't spell blah down there......but they are nice with crisps :D

dick, not a chance....as the saying goes, yur ass is grass and we're the lawn mower :cool:

trevy
03/09/2004, 2:18 PM
Yeah the game is next Friday night at 7.30.No offence to Rockmount but we'd expect to win against a non league team and make the Cup semi finals.Have Rockmount any players that we'd know?www.btid.tk is the blues fans main website.

eL Bettor
03/09/2004, 2:58 PM
sorry i didn't realise you couldn't spell blah down there.. :

No I can spell blah as in blah blah blah but you cant spell blaa as in what I put butter and ham into. :)

Clifford
06/09/2004, 12:24 PM
Clifford, this is not the message board that Waterford fans use - check links.
We are actually 5/2 or 11/4 Cup favourites with all the major bookmakers, chiefly because we have what - on paper - looks the softest draw. I'd have preferred Athlone at home myself (Max). I think Drogheda look good value at 9/2 but will have their work cut out against UCD but that price will be a snip if they progress. I'll take Longford at home in the semis, we owe you lot big time Max - 3 times you've knocked us out in 5 seasons.

Thats cool, I had you down as favs in my first post. You should be all right against Mount, jsut don't hammer em to bad like KK City, ha ha, that must have been fun.

I know Cliffy and Bruts fairly well, top lads altogether.

ConfusedBlue
06/09/2004, 7:28 PM
Yeah hopefully we can get a result against Rockmount although I reckon this could be a massive banana skin.We seem to have abit of a habit of losing to non-league teams in cup competitions (Wayside Celtic-wice in the FAI Cup and Rockmount more recently in the League Cup).Should be a good crowd for the game just hope its a decent performance from both sides!!!Oh and a good win for the Blues!!!!!

Clifford
11/09/2004, 10:02 AM
You stuffy buggers. Still in the cup for one reason only. Can't blame the Blues though, all the fans outside afterwards were in agreement, as was Reynolds and the 4th official, we wuz robbed. Hope Weds is as good a game and hope we can run you close again.

I fear the worst though. Anyone at the game got any thoughts? I feel any blaa would have to have been impressed by our defence in general and Rory Beechinor up front on his own. Pat Keane also destroyed the manager in midfield. I'd venture to say that the game changed when Reynolds came on. Mount ran midfield after that.

Great craic all the same, gutted this morn, but onwards and upwards.

Partizan
11/09/2004, 12:34 PM
Hey Cliffy howya doin? :)

If you want to chat with Blues fans call to www.btid.tk and register in our forum. I can only confirm what most Rockmount fans felt last night, gutted and rightly so. However I think we will get them in the X despite last nights performance.

amarach
11/09/2004, 4:00 PM
I was at the game last night we should now be through to the semi's that last minute goal should have not been disallowed, we were the better team last night, in fairness Rockmount were on fire and i'm proud of all the lads, a bit of a shock for all Waterford fan's I bet :eek:

ConfusedBlue
11/09/2004, 6:36 PM
Rockmount were most definitely robbed last night.Can't believe we're still in the cup after seeing that game!!Fair play to Rockmount but I fear last night was ye're 1 and only chance of beating us.
Rennie was a disaster when he came on,rockmount made bits of us in midfield after Rennies introduction!!!