PDA

View Full Version : Noel O'Connors contract

joeSoap
02/09/2004, 9:05 AM
I see that he seems to be considering signing a contract extension with ye.Whats the vibe in the shed about him, is he a popular figure with the fans, or would ye rather see someone else there.
I've heard he's responsible for an awful lot more than he gets credit for on the training pitch, and that Dolan would be lost without him??

A face
02/09/2004, 11:35 AM
He isn't in the news that much really TBH ....... He seems like he knows exactly what he is doing and has done a good job since he arrived leeside.
But as i said ... him name does come up that often, he is one of the guys that is always working away behind the scenes.

pete
02/09/2004, 12:00 PM
Sure how does anyone really know what the coach or assistant manager does on the training pitch? Might be rumours of stuff said by players but at the end of the day as they say the Manager lives or dies on results.

joeSoap
02/09/2004, 12:33 PM
Agreed, but I'm just trying to ascertain why he's been offered an extension to his contract 3 months before its up for renewal. I would read into that that he is obviously doing a good job and is valued by the club.I know a few of ye're players and they say he more or less runs the show at training.
Or maybe he might be thinking of moving on...??

niamh
02/09/2004, 12:52 PM
He seems to be very much part of the team at City. Maybe seen as next in line after Dolan?

tiktok
02/09/2004, 12:58 PM
AFAIK he's doing a good job, but the recent loss of Henderson and Neiland from the coaching staff (to Cobh) might have forced Lennox's hand a little earlier on the negotiations.

pete
02/09/2004, 1:34 PM
AFAIK he's doing a good job, but the recent loss of Henderson and Neiland from the coaching staff (to Cobh) might have forced Lennox's hand a little earlier on the negotiations.

That would make sense as no need to tempt losin g all out coaching staff in a few months.