PDA

View Full Version : Bohs vs City on RTE

harry crumb
01/09/2004, 10:24 PM
Bohs vs Cork City will be screened live on RTE on the 17th of September.

A face
01/09/2004, 10:34 PM
The job !!

How many games have RTE shown this season now ??

eirebhoy
01/09/2004, 10:35 PM
The job !!

The Depor 2 and the 2nd leg of Hajduk. Thats about it. :)

TV3 showed the Cork-Shels match.

adamcarr
01/09/2004, 10:36 PM
The job !!

Would ya believe that they are about to show their 4th game this season with an Eircom League side playing! :eek:

Gary
01/09/2004, 10:57 PM
Great news. Hopefully it wont stop people from travelling to it though (Not that i would be able to make it anyway, damned fridays and work!!)

For those who arent travelling, where will it be watched? At home or pub?

A face
01/09/2004, 11:07 PM
Hopefully it wont stop people from travelling to it though

Shíte ... forgot about that !!

Lads .... V E R Y ......... I M P O R T A N T ........... G A M E

We'll need good support for it. The Rebel Army should have three buses going to this one. We need to get behind them (and outsing the Bohs fans) .... Stand up and be counted for this one i'd say. Any team that is above us on the table we have to beat, we all need to be there.

Can some post a sticky thread to get names for the buses ??

Colm
01/09/2004, 11:16 PM
Ian's doing a bus to this game (as he is to the Rovers and Dublin City games before it) so that should ensure we'll have big numbers up there. We had a huge crowd at the game in Dalymount earlier in the season and created a great atmosphere so lets put on an even better show this time for the cameras.

This game and the Rovers game on Saturday week are both a chance for us to show once again that we have the biggest and best away support in the country. We'll have massive support at both these games so lets get behind the team and as usual outsing (and outnumber?!!) the pathetic home support that these clubs have. There are no excuses for people not to go to both these games. Come on the REBEL ARMY! :ball: :ball: :ball: :ball:

patsh
02/09/2004, 7:14 AM
There are no excuses for people not to go to both these games. Eh work, jobs etc. ?

NorthoftheLee
02/09/2004, 8:47 AM
Eh work, jobs etc. ?

Eh ask for a half day, etc....

send in my half day request this morning.....

pete
02/09/2004, 12:11 PM
This is bad news people. City have dire tv record. The elss games we play on tv the better.

With RTE ve showing shel$ uefa cup game th day before too? 2 eL games in 2 days? :eek:

tiktok
02/09/2004, 12:52 PM
Lads, I think every one that was at the first Bohs away game will want to relive that experience. I think we'll get the right numbers there.

Colm
02/09/2004, 1:10 PM
Lads, I think every one that was at the first Bohs away game will want to relive that experience. I think we'll get the right numbers there.

Yeah, I always find that Bohs is my favourite (non-European) trip of the season. Dunno why really, I just always seem to enjoy it and we always have a good laugh and create a good atmophere. Hopefully this trip will be no different.

Gandhi
02/09/2004, 1:26 PM

can't do that, have to go to Kerry with work that weekend (of all places)
at least it's on the telly, hopefully i will get the chance to sneak off and watch it. Then I can let ye know how well ye outsang the bohs fans :p
There is something special about Dalymount alright, many people still regard it as the spiritual home of Irish football (though it's like the 1916 thing in a way, if all the people who claim they were there for Givens 3-0 USSR, had actually been there, the stands would have collapsed with the weight :D )

patsh
02/09/2004, 5:04 PM

send in my half day request this morning.....Says Mr. "I can watch our home game on TV from a barstool" and
Mr. "I can't be back into the country on time".....:rolleyes:

:D

Gary
02/09/2004, 5:53 PM

Fridays in my place is next to impossible to get an hour off, let alone a half day. Pity. Big game. Heres hoping for a similar result to earlier in the season, and break the TV hoodoo (we havent won a TV game since Dec 30 2001).

b_mcsweeney
02/09/2004, 5:58 PM
There are no excuses for people not to go to both these games.

i'll be away on my holidays, may i be excused?

NorthoftheLee
03/09/2004, 8:38 AM
Says Mr. "I can watch our home game on TV from a barstool" and
Mr. "I can't be back into the country on time".....:rolleyes:

:D

:D very good.......

still doesnt answer why you cant take a half day tho!! :confused:

patsh
03/09/2004, 9:54 AM
:D very good.......

still doesnt answer why you cant take a half day tho!! :confused:Well, I'm not long in my present job, have taken time off for a few games already, including a day off for the UCD cup game which was a waste of time, and I'm getting 6 days off from the Wednesday after the Bohs game to go to Italy for a week.

On top of that, my boss is one of those egg-chasing freaks who thinks wrestling in a mudhole with some sweaty, toothless, neckless thug is a "sport", and does not understand the beauty and skill of George O'Callaghan in full flow. The ungrateful security staff refused point blank to create an "emergency" situation which would shut down the plant for a few hours and let us all go home. And of course, the project I'm working on has a meeting involving personnel from the UK and the US scheduled for 2 pm the same day.

Even worse, neither my Mother of Father would write a note to the said boss telling him I am sick and would he mind giving me the afternoon off.

So between bizarre bosses, stupid security, irritating meetings, holidays and useless parents, I'm not really in a position to go to the Bohs game. I suppose I'm a sunshine supporter after all.......:(

NorthoftheLee
03/09/2004, 10:27 AM
Well, I'm not long in my present job, have taken time off for a few games already, including a day off for the UCD cup game which was a waste of time, and I'm getting 6 days off from the Wednesday after the Bohs game to go to Italy for a week.

On top of that, my boss is one of those egg-chasing freaks who thinks wrestling in a mudhole with some sweaty, toothless, neckless thug is a "sport", and does not understand the beauty and skill of George O'Callaghan in full flow. The ungrateful security staff refused point blank to create an "emergency" situation which would shut down the plant for a few hours and let us all go home. And of course, the project I'm working on has a meeting involving personnel from the UK and the US scheduled for 2 pm the same day.

Even worse, neither my Mother of Father would write a note to the said boss telling him I am sick and would he mind giving me the afternoon off.

So between bizarre bosses, stupid security, irritating meetings, holidays and useless parents, I'm not really in a position to go to the Bohs game. I suppose I'm a sunshine supporter after all.......:(

you said it not me! :D

work is a complete balls alright..you's think that they'd schedule it around the footie season wouldn't you? It a bit ignorant of them not to do it like! Companies these days just dont care about their employees anymore. makes me sick sometimes(especially around away match days-hint hint :D )

It's poor form from the parents that they wont give you a sick note tho...well not fair! I'd be handing in a transfer request if I was you!

Colm
03/09/2004, 11:28 AM
On top of that, my boss is one of those egg-chasing freaks who thinks wrestling in a mudhole with some sweaty, toothless, neckless thug is a "sport", and does not understand the beauty and skill of George O'Callaghan in full flow.
:D :D :D

And of course, the project I'm working on has a meeting involving personnel from the UK and the US scheduled for 2 pm the same day.
Could you not schedule the meeting to take place on Ian's bus! We promise we'd all be quiet and not disrupt your business! ;) :D

pete
03/09/2004, 11:39 AM
Work is over-rated.

;)

cobhrambler 16
05/09/2004, 9:04 PM
Bohemians meeting with Cork City at Dalymount Park in the eircom Premier Division on Friday, September 17th will be screened live by RTE Television.

The eagerly awaited tie sees two sides still with ambitions of winning this season’s league title, although both have a lot of work to do in order to catch up with the leading duo of Drogheda United Shelbourne.

This will be Cork’s second televised Premier Division clash of the season as TV3 showed their clash with Shels at Turners’ Cross when the defending champions won 1-0 last month.

Bohemians are currently third in the table on 36 points with Cork two points behind in fifth place and a win for either would boost their chances of qualifying for next season’s Uefa Cup.

With 13 games remaining in the Premier Division, there are still a lot of points to play for and following Shels defeat to Waterford United on Thursday night, both sides will be confident of closing the gap on the leaders.

thecorner
05/09/2004, 9:29 PM
Ya, we know. There's been a topic about this already.

i always thought it was a myth but news really does get to queenstown about a week later :eek: