PDA

View Full Version : New signings...

pineapple stu
01/09/2004, 8:01 PM
From this (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=17194) post here. Apparently we've signed Mark Dempsey (ex-Drogheda - one back, I suppose!), Séamus Long from Douglas Hall, Anthony Murphy from Monaghan and Paul Whelan from Dublin Bus.

Anybody ever heard of any of them?

Paddy Mulvihill's gone to Athlone now.

Schumi
01/09/2004, 8:19 PM
Paul Whelan's a keeper according to the Times. He played in the Under-20s tournement in Malaysia in 1997 apparently. Seems an odd signing seeing as he's not that young and we have two quality keepers already. Know nothing about any of the rest.

Roo69
02/09/2004, 8:46 AM
From this (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=17194) post here. Apparently we've signed Mark Dempsey (ex-Drogheda - one back, I suppose!), Séamus Long from Douglas Hall, Anthony Murphy from Monaghan and Paul Whelan from Dublin Bus.

Anybody ever heard of any of them?

Paddy Mulvihill's gone to Athlone now.

Anto Murphy was with Pats last season and was seen as a real talent for the future but left for 1st team footie, good signing imo. Was hoping the Devo would have had made a move for him myself

eircomfan
02/09/2004, 10:41 AM
From this post here. Apparently we've signed Mark Dempsey (ex-Drogheda Originally Posted by pineapple stu

As far as i know Mark Dempsey doesnt even play ball anymore and is a physio or something !!?? !!!

Schumi
02/09/2004, 10:49 AM
Anto Murphy was with Pats last season and was seen as a real talent for the future but left for 1st team footie, good signing imo. Was hoping the Devo would have had made a move for him myself
He was released by Monaghan according to the Times, wonder what the story is with that.

pineapple stu
02/09/2004, 5:21 PM
Paul Whelan's a keeper according to the Times. He played in the Under-20s tournement in Malaysia in 1997 apparently.

Really? Was wondering where he'd gotten to - has dropped out of football almost since then! He was unattached back then as well - ended up at Home Farm...another Dublin City reject!