PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Traynor Trophy 2012/13

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Aldo
20/09/2012, 8:29 AM
Hi lads i taught I would set up this thread as the first matches will be starting in the coming weeks. Any one any word on any off the teams this year and on how they are shaping up or the groups they have been drawn in .

Aldo
20/09/2012, 8:38 AM
Group 3
Kerry
Munster Senior League
Cork Aul
Defence Forces

Fixtures;
Match Day 1
Kerry v Munster Senior League
Cork Aul v Defence Forces

Match Day 2
Munster Senior League v Cork Aul
Defence Forces v Kerry

Match Day 3
Munster Senior League v Defence Forces
Cork Aul v Kerry

Dates of games will be determined in the coming weeks.

passinginterest
20/09/2012, 9:39 AM
The UCFL Representative Team will play in a 4 team group with the AUL, the Amateur Football League and the Carlow League. The opening game is due to be played by October 31.

fifty50
20/09/2012, 9:42 AM
Clare Galway Limerick and Roscommom have been drawn together.

Longshanks
20/09/2012, 10:09 AM
Group 1 is, Sligo/Leitrim, Inishowen, Donegal and Mayo

nomajorpanic
20/09/2012, 11:31 AM
Does anyone have the full draw for the groups?

Bossman
20/09/2012, 9:12 PM
FAI UMBRO OSCAR TRAYNOR TROPHY 2012/2013
Group 1
Sligo/Leitrim
Inishowen
Donegal
Mayo

Fixtures
Match Day 1.
Sligo v Inishowen
Donegal v Mayo.

Match Day 2.
Inishowen v Donegal.
Mayo v Sligo.

Match Day 3.
Inishowen v Mayo
Donegal v Sligo

Group 2.
Galway
Roscommon
Limerick
Clare

Fixtures
Match Day 1.
Galway v Roscommon.
Limerick v Clare.

Match Day 2.
Roscommon v Limerick.
Clare v Galway.

Match Day 3.
Roscommon v Clare
Limerick v Galway.

Group 3
Kerry
Munster Senior League
Cork AUL
Defence Forces

Fixtures
Match Day 1.
Kerry v MSL.
Cork AUL v Defence F.

Match Day 2.
MSL v Cork AUL.
Defence F v Kerry.

Match Day 3.
MSL v Defence Forces
Cork AUL v Kerry

Group 4
Wexford
Waterford
TSDL
Kilkenny

Fixtures
Match Day 1.
Wexford v Waterford.
TSDL v Kilkenny.

Match Day 2.
Waterford v TSDL.
Kilkenny v Wexford.

Match Day 3.
Waterford v Kilkenny
TSDL v Wexford.

Group 5
Dublin AUL
Amateur Football League
Carlow
United Churches League

Fixtures
Match Day 1.
AUL v AFL.
Carlow v UCL.

Match Day 2.
AFL v Carlow.
UCL v AUL.

Match Day 3.
AFL v UCL
Carlow v AUL

Group 6
Leinster Football League
Leinster Senior League
Garda Metro
Wicklow
Meath

Fixtures
Match Day 1. .
LFL v LSL.
Garda v Wicklow.

Match Day 2
Meath v Garda.
LSL v Wicklow.

Match Day 3.
Wicklow v LFL.
LSL v Meath.

Match Day 4.
Garda v LFL.
Meath v Wicklow.

Match Day 5.
Garda v LSL
LFL v Meath

Fairkop
20/09/2012, 9:38 PM
have teams opted out this year?dont see the desmond league,ecww league,ccl,have the north tipp league ever played in it anyone?

southern kid
21/09/2012, 6:45 AM
A joke that their is no desmond lge team, They only won it 4/5 years ago. A step backwards in my opinion.A new chairman and already going the wrong way.

Minesapint
21/09/2012, 10:30 AM
The competition has not been taking serious for along time.

prawnsandwich2
21/09/2012, 10:51 AM
The competition has not been taking serious for along time.

never was in limerick anyway...viewed as a free weekend by a fair amount of players.
a weekend that you could go out for a few pints and not worry about sunday morning matches.
by the way,has anyone been appointed to the limerick position???

dirtfree
21/09/2012, 11:02 AM
Aidan Ryan is limk manager

hotspur
21/09/2012, 11:32 AM
Aidan Ryan is limk manager

Don't think anyone else applied for it.

dirtfree
21/09/2012, 11:44 AM
But was it advertised

hotspur
21/09/2012, 12:47 PM
But was it advertised
Not that I know of,but not sure,

fanaticfan
21/09/2012, 4:52 PM
a joke that the desmond league havent a team in it this year.only won it 5 years ago.nobody wanted tot ake over so didnt put in a team..shame!!!

Fairkop
21/09/2012, 8:30 PM
never was in limerick anyway...viewed as a free weekend by a fair amount of players.
a weekend that you could go out for a few pints and not worry about sunday morning matches.
do not see how you come to that conclusion,the limerick squad has been quite strong the last few years,a.barry,p.mullins.b.buckley,s.clarke,wcolber t etc all played in it i think so they seemed to take it seriously and most people would consider those top players.

blueboy2
21/09/2012, 9:02 PM
Im sure anyone that plays under aidan ryan will be taking it serious also dont they do their training sessions up in the all weather in the fairgreen so fairview will be hoping that they take it serious as well they need the money from the all weather pitch.

prawnsandwich2
22/09/2012, 7:01 AM
Im sure anyone that plays under aidan ryan will be taking it serious also dont they do their training sessions up in the all weather in the fairgreen so fairview will be hoping that they take it serious as well they need the money from the all weather pitch.

it's not where they train that indicates if they are taking it seriously or not.
by the way,every junior club needs money...i'm sure who ever you are involved does also.

prawnsandwich2
22/09/2012, 7:27 AM
do not see how you come to that conclusion,the limerick squad has been quite strong the last few years,a.barry,p.mullins.b.buckley,s.clarke,wcolber t etc all played in it i think so they seemed to take it seriously and most people would consider those top players.

i come to that conclusion from being involved in junilor soccer for a long time,and knowing the opinions of a lot of players regarding the oscar traynor competition.
the results have also shown,that even though limerick teams have being very successful in FAI and MJC comps. in recent seasons,the same cannot be said for the OT.
i would say that most players would consider it 4th in list of comps. they would like to win.this attitude is not just in limerick.
desmond league have no team in it this year,and,the TDSL gave a walk over in it last year.
i can say for certainty,that at least 20% of the players requested to make themselves available for it will not.
and that is a conserative estimate

Fairkop
22/09/2012, 6:39 PM
i come to that conclusion from being involved in junilor soccer for a long time,and knowing the opinions of a lot of players regarding the oscar traynor competition.
the results have also shown,that even though limerick teams have being very successful in FAI and MJC comps. in recent seasons,the same cannot be said for the OT.
i would say that most players would consider it 4th in list of comps. they would like to win.this attitude is not just in limerick.
desmond league have no team in it this year,and,the TDSL gave a walk over in it last year.
i can say for certainty,that at least 20% of the players requested to make themselves available for it will not.

in fairness given your certainty about that figure you must have been involved at some stage in managing the team so one cannot argue that point given the experience you have of players refusing to play.pity about the desmond league as they won it a few years ago i think.

Minesapint
23/09/2012, 9:14 PM
I agree it has been a shambles and i think it probably should be scrapped, fairkop mentioned a few players that would be considered top players but how many of them were watching themselves during matches, top players in Tipperary league play when it suits them, north tipp have no team in the competition, ECWW have not entered the competition, desmond league, ccl league, and Inshowen league is in doubt.

Sea Bird
23/09/2012, 9:34 PM

I must have been seeing things watching the TOP players in Limerick the last 2 years all playing on the oscar traynor team.Aidan Ryan and his crew have done a terrific job.All the players have obviously bought into it as they have all made themselves available.

Fairkop
23/09/2012, 10:25 PM
last post makes no sense at all.the top players will play in the competition..but will watch themselves..?sure if they were that way inclined all they have to do is not play OR refuse to play as PS said.i would not agree its a shambles,all competitions present problems,fairview won an fai some years ago and were helped by a walkover in the last 16,then you have objections etc. is the fai junior cup a shambles?

Minesapint
23/09/2012, 11:54 PM
Yes players will watch them selves when they are playing Oscar trainer , what has the FAI and Fairview getting a walk over got to do with OT.

Fairkop
24/09/2012, 4:05 PM
Yes players will watch them selves when they are playing Oscar trainer , what has the FAI and Fairview getting a walk over got to do with OT.

its referred to as an ..analogy?you suggested the competition was a shambles and it should be scrapped.the top players in almost all the leagues that enter it play in it and i would assume therefore that those players deem it an honour to represent their league in the Oscar...traynor....

prawnsandwich2
25/09/2012, 6:46 AM
I must have been seeing things watching the TOP players in Limerick the last 2 years all playing on the oscar traynor team.Aidan Ryan and his crew have done a terrific job.All the players have obviously bought into it as they have all made themselves available.
everybody is entitled to hold an opinion.
i have no gripes with the comp. or the management team.
wish them all the best and hope they are successful.
but it will not change my view on it as regards the status of the comp. in the players pecking order.
it also won't change the fact that a fair amount of players will not make themselves available for selection.
i know this from either playing or following the game for a long time.
we will agree to differ

Sea Bird
25/09/2012, 4:32 PM
but it will not change my view on it as regards the status of the comp. in the players pecking order.
it also won't change the fact that a fair amount of players will not make themselves available for selection.
we will agree to differ

What players didn't make themselves available last year??

blueboy2
25/09/2012, 5:21 PM
we will agree to differ
Would like to know the names of those players you know who have turned down the chance to play for their league or the names of others that you have heard about there seems to be a good few from what you say.

KUFCMan
25/09/2012, 6:04 PM
We in Dublin always give ita good go as our League will call off games even if only one player is in Panel.Weve 4 players in the panel(3 debutants) so theyr delighted and raring to go.The AUL play a friendly Wed so we were down to play Sheriff YC FRiday but that has been put back to Sunday.It seems we just take it seriously up here although in the past some players playing for Ireland Juniors opted out as it was too many games for them,others have also declined to play

prawnsandwich2
26/09/2012, 6:47 AM
Would like to know the names of those players you know who have turned down the chance to play for their league or the names of others that you have heard about there seems to be a good few from what you say.

i would not mention any names...it's their personal choice.

hotspur
26/09/2012, 8:08 AM
i would not mention any names...it's their personal choice.

If a player declines to play OT for various reasons,is there a rule that that player can be suspended by the league that he is playing in??that can't be right if true can it?

Minesapint
26/09/2012, 8:26 AM
its referred to as an ..analogy?you suggested the competition was a shambles and it should be scrapped.the top players in almost all the leagues that enter it play in it and i would assume therefore that those players deem it an honour to represent their league in the Oscar...traynor....
Fairkop not everyone thinks the way you do last year limerick had one sub at a game and that was paudie hickey a second choice keeper how many players didn't turn up on the night?, it didn't seem to be much of an honour for the Tipperary lads last year when they refused to play in it.

prawnsandwich2
26/09/2012, 8:51 AM
If a player declines to play OT for various reasons,is there a rule that that player can be suspended by the league that he is playing in??that can't be right if true can it?

there is a rule...but it is never(or can't be) enforced..
all a fella has to do is say he is carrying a knock.
maybe if they introduced a knock out and a regionalised element brought in to it,it may improve.

hotspur
26/09/2012, 8:56 AM
there is a rule...but it is never(or can't be) enforced..
all a fella has to do is say he is carrying a knock.
maybe if they introduced a knock out and a regionalised element brought in to it,it may improve.

Can a fella just retire from playing OT?

Fairkop
26/09/2012, 10:04 AM
Fairkop not everyone thinks the way you do last year limerick had one sub at a game and that was paudie hickey a second choice keeper how many players didn't turn up on the night?, it didn't seem to be much of an honour for the Tipperary lads last year when they refused to play in it.

last year?think you need to revisit your history books.think you wrong there,last year limerick had big squads for their games,i was at the clare game and they had at least 20 togged.year before went to clare and galway games and had big squads.did not see player you mentioned togged in any of those squads either.

mrman
26/09/2012, 12:06 PM
Lads I spoke to players that played for the oscar taynor team and they said it is an honour to play for the Oscar traynor team, but it comes down to who is the manager as well and everyone that plays for the Oscar Traynor team under Aido have nothing but respect for the competition.

Minesapint
28/09/2012, 9:30 PM
last year?think you need to revisit your history books.think you wrong there,last year limerick had big squads for their games,i was at the clare game and they had at least 20 togged.year before went to clare and galway games and had big squads.did not see player you mentioned togged in any of those squads either.
Dont have to revisit the history books i was present when only 12 players were available and paudie hickey was the 12th player. If it was so important for a player why would the tipp lads not play in the competition, why have other counties pulled out.

the truth
02/10/2012, 10:06 AM
Dont have to revisit the history books i was present when only 12 players were available and paudie hickey was the 12th player. If it was so important for a player why would the tipp lads not play in the competition, why have other counties pulled out.

to my knowledge the game you are referring to was an away fixture against the Cork AUL on a wednesday night approx 4 years ago when Martin Reddan and Denis Keehan were at the helm. Since then, under Aidan Ryans watch Limerick OT have always had a full compliment of players.
i would also like to advise you that no Tipperary player refused to play against the AUL last year. The decision not to play the game was made by the league in conjunction with the management. I think it is very unfair to blame players when one is not aware of the full facts.

dirtfree
02/10/2012, 10:39 AM
Minesapint was born in a leap year so it was last year to him

hotspur
02/10/2012, 11:13 AM
to my knowledge the game you are referring to was an away fixture against the Cork AUL on a wednesday night approx 4 years ago when Martin Reddan and Denis Keehan were at the helm. Since then, under Aidan Ryans watch Limerick OT have always had a full compliment of players.
i would also like to advise you that no Tipperary player refused to play against the AUL last year. The decision not to play the game was made by the league in conjunction with the management. I think it is very unfair to blame players when one is not aware of the full facts.

the TSDL gave a walkover because ST MICHAELS players were playing FAI the following week and that's a fact,the TSDL should have fulfilled the fixture without them and thats a fact,are they the only players playing in TSDL,The Limerick boys fulfilled their fixture and Pike were playing the following week also in the FAI.Why didn't they fulfill the fixture seen as your in the know????.:confused::confused:

Longshanks
02/10/2012, 12:10 PM
The Oscar Traynor fixture Sligo Leitrim DSL v Inishowen will take place on Sunday 21st Oct 2012 KO at 2.30pm Venue Ray Mac Sharry Complex Cranmore Sligo.

the truth
03/10/2012, 9:26 AM
the TSDL gave a walkover because ST MICHAELS players were playing FAI the following week and that's a fact,the TSDL should have fulfilled the fixture without them and thats a fact,are they the only players playing in TSDL,The Limerick boys fulfilled their fixture and Pike were playing the following week also in the FAI.Why didn't they fulfill the fixture seen as your in the know????.:confused::confused:

Minesapint made the statement that "it didn't seem much of an honour for the tipperary lads last year when they refused to play".
i have stated that no Tipperary player i.e. TSDL player refused to play in that game. The decision to play or not play was taken out of the players hands as the League made a decision in the interest of all clubs involved i.e. St. Michaels Peake Villa and Clonmel Celtis not to play the game. They are the facts and I invite Minesapint to comment on same.

Minesapint
03/10/2012, 5:46 PM
It was taken out of their hands because players from the tipp league refused to play ie the St michaels, peake villa and clonmel celtic, and the manager would not play with out hes full side, if it was a big honour all players would play, why are counties pulling out?.

super6
04/10/2012, 11:58 AM
we the desmond league knew nothing about not being entered into this years oscar traynor until we saw the draw on this site,after winning the competition 4 years ago its a step backwards in my opinion,apparently there was an ad put in the local paper, no one applied so they didnt bother entering one.

dirtfree
04/10/2012, 12:08 PM
Surely if the offered expenses then they would have had plenty volunteers ..

Longshanks
21/10/2012, 5:04 PM
Sligo/Leitrim 3 - 6 Innishowen

shellyriver
22/10/2012, 9:16 AM
Sligo/Leitrim 3 - 6 Innishowen

What did you make of Sligo selections and tactics - pretty poor game in truth?

Longshanks
22/10/2012, 10:17 AM
agreed poor enough game, I only landed as Innishowen went 3-2 up.....Sligo seemed to be on top for most of what I seen, poor mistake for the 4th goal and the heads seemed to go down after that. Their number 9 looked like a handful. As for tactics I suppose being down to 10 and chasing the game through that out the window. The selection seemed to be same old same old players who have been around the block. I heard there was only 8 at training the week before and 2 of those were keepers.....

What was the red card for????

shellyriver
22/10/2012, 11:01 AM
agreed poor enough game, I only landed as Innishowen went 3-2 up.....Sligo seemed to be on top for most of what I seen, poor mistake for the 4th goal and the heads seemed to go down after that. Their number 9 looked like a handful. As for tactics I suppose being down to 10 and chasing the game through that out the window. The selection seemed to be same old same old players who have been around the block. I heard there was only 8 at training the week before and 2 of those were keepers.....

What was the red card for????

Missed the red card and knowing who was sent off I didn't even bother to ask!

There is huge dissatisfaction with the selection process of the Oscar Traynor team. Hopefully, Sligo get bet by Mayo and a change a la Trap will happen -- along with a change at the top.

Yeah the Inishowen no 9 was lively - but it doesn't help when you have two of your back four (along with obvious criticism re fitness etc) not being defenders!