PDA

View Full Version : Premier division/Div1/LC final fixtures W/E 22/9/12

Pages : [1] 2

bullit
20/09/2012, 2:44 AM
Leauge Cup Final 22/9/12

Sham.R 10/11 Draw 9/4 Drogheda U 3/1 (Live on Setanta)

----------------------------------------------------------

Premier Leauge 21/9/12

BohemianFC 11/8 Draw 11/5 Cork C. 15/8

Derry C. 8/11 Draw 5/2 UCD 7//2

DundalkFC 9/5 Draw 9/4 ShelbourneFC 7/5

Bray W. 7/1 Draw 16/5 Sligo Rvrs. 2/5 (Live RTé2 @ 1905)

First Div 21/9/2012

Athlone Twn. 21/20 Draw 9/4 Mervue U 9/4

Sd Galway 12/1 Draw 5/1 LimerickFC 1/5

Waterford U. 1/1 Draw 11/5 Longford T. 5/2

Wexford Y. 6/5 Draw 23/10 Finn Harps 19/10
-----------------------------------------------------

Any corrections? Go ahead please.

adamd164
20/09/2012, 9:59 AM
I like the price on UCD there, one of the form teams in the division with 4 wins from 5 games. Couple that with Derry's poor home form.

Might be worth a punt at Draw No Bet (12/5).

nigel-harps1954
20/09/2012, 4:50 PM
Finn Harps 19/10 is a great price. Well worth a punt.

bullit
20/09/2012, 11:07 PM
Philly burger Hughes to score first in Oriel @9/2 or anytime 13/10 or first for his team 13/5.Not great prices but he know's how to the find the net in OP

Battery Rover
21/09/2012, 8:52 AM
http://www.athlonetownfc.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/rocky300.png

Mervue @ 9/4 look a pretty decent price considering Athlone Town now 10 games without a win and a lot of injuries this week including Noel McGee, Stephen Last, Neil Harney and Eric Molloy definitely out. Barry O'Mahoney and Damien Rushe both very doubtful. Sean Skelly also suspended. All mentioned would be part of the starting 11.

Flexy
21/09/2012, 11:52 AM
I like the price on UCD there, one of the form teams in the division with 4 wins from 5 games. Couple that with Derry's poor home form.

Only thing is Derry have Gracean, Higgins, Murphy, Morrison and Deery all returning but McBride and Madden are suspended, all big players are on way back from Injury just intime for the cup run in

Mr A
21/09/2012, 7:28 PM
Shels 1 up. Just the start Brian Laws was looking for.

adamd164
21/09/2012, 8:50 PM

Boom!

PartySaint
21/09/2012, 9:18 PM
We play 2 league games before Sligo play Derry next Saturday. IF we were to win them they would only 3 points ahead of us going into that game, would put a bit of pressure on them

FWIW I can only see us getting 4 points at most in those 2 games (Home to Rovers on Tuesday, Away to Drogs on Friday)

Nah Nah Nah Nah
21/09/2012, 9:36 PM
It's come to this but I'll be a big Shams fan on Tuesday night

Longfordian
21/09/2012, 10:47 PM
I mean this in the nicest possible way but if Sean Maguire could somehow pick up an injury that keeps him out for six weeks or so I'd appreciate it. Apparently he tore us apart tonight, been very impressive all year and he's only 18 he must be on the radar of clubs across the water.

cornflakes
21/09/2012, 11:07 PM
I mean this in the nicest possible way but if Sean Maguire could somehow pick up an injury that keeps him out for six weeks or so I'd appreciate it. Apparently he tore us apart tonight, been very impressive all year and he's only 18 he must be on the radar of clubs across the water.

He's had trials at three or four. I think one was Sunderland. Easily the best player in the FD

blue til i die
21/09/2012, 11:37 PM
He's had trials at three or four. I think one was Sunderland. Easily the best player in the FD

Derby, Preson and Everton among others...started for Irish U-19s recently too. Amazing player for someone who only turned 18 in May.

CraftyToePoke
21/09/2012, 11:54 PM

Played a reserve game for Peterborough Utd against West Brom recently also.

bullit
22/09/2012, 12:25 AM
Played a reserve game for Peterborough Utd against West Brom recently also.
The mention of Peterborough utd gives me a chance to say that the great white hope of Dundalkfc,Danny Kearns,is being offered for loan to any prospective takers.Shocking decision by D. Ferguson,team bottom of the division.

Dundalk will treble team this Maguire chap((if we get them) :) Any tips for who we should be watching in Longford?

Lim till i die
22/09/2012, 1:31 AM
Easily the best player in the FD

Not sure if serious etc

CraftyToePoke
22/09/2012, 2:29 AM
The mention of Peterborough utd gives me a chance to say that the great white hope of Dundalkfc,Danny Kearns,is being offered for loan to any prospective takers.Shocking decision by D. Ferguson,team bottom of the division.

Yeah, posted that in the Ireland section in his thread. There is a three pager on londonroad.net in his favour also. Strange decision.

CraftyToePoke
22/09/2012, 2:35 AM
Easily the best player in the FD

Is he though? Id say its between him and O'Leary at Limerick for best the young player title even.

thomas72
22/09/2012, 7:36 AM
Sean maguire will be at Limerick next season watch this space :-$

cornflakes
22/09/2012, 8:06 AM
I'm sorry lads Maguire isn't the best player. CJ Browne is

horton
22/09/2012, 8:57 AM
Horrible game last night. 8 of our 12 league defeats have been at home, Shels only behind us due to GD, UCD 4 points behind with a game in hand. At the start of the season I hoped we'd be in a decent position top half of the league by this stage, now I'm just hopeing we don't drop into the bottom 3. Can't wait to hear Devines post match interview, that's always good for a cringe!

bullit
22/09/2012, 9:06 AM
^You need to hear Kierans regurgatated nonsence first.A man with no plan

Nah Nah Nah Nah
22/09/2012, 11:32 AM
^You need to hear Kierans regurgatated nonsence first.A man with no plan

If you talk to anyone from Drogheda he has a plan.....

Nah Nah Nah Nah
22/09/2012, 5:08 PM
Draw a fair enough result in the end. We bossed the first 35 minutes and should have been ahead at that stage but I'd say Bray had the better chances from there on in.

Buttimer an absolute joke.

fionnsci
22/09/2012, 5:33 PM
Rovers' fans are a complete disgrace. Booing their own player because of a mistake.

SkStu
22/09/2012, 5:43 PM
Was it a long sustained Boooooooo or a series of short boo, boo, boos?

adamd164
22/09/2012, 5:45 PM
Fair play to Shamrock though, great entertainment watching them this season. Second goal was hilarious!

Nah Nah Nah Nah
22/09/2012, 5:47 PM
Rovers' fans are a complete disgrace. Booing their own player because of a mistake.

Totally agree with this comment. They should remember where they were 6 or 7 years ago.

adamd164
22/09/2012, 5:51 PM
Shamrock 'fans' still booing Gilbert every time he touches the ball. Pathetic.

Totally agree with this comment. They should remember where they were 6 or 7 years ago.
The majority of the people in Tallaght wouldn't have been to a game before 3/4 years ago.

nigel-harps1954
22/09/2012, 5:54 PM
Is he though? Id say its between him and O'Leary at Limerick for best the young player title even.

No bias at all there ;P If we're starting this game, Ciaran Coll is one of the best young left backs in the League of Ireland.

As for best player in the division, Kevin McHugh is still well up there with the best.

On another note though, Harps are now 10 games unbeaten. Would never have imagined it when Healy was in charge. Good to see now though as a fan, only a pity we hadn't been as good in the first half of the season.

bluewhitearmy
22/09/2012, 6:00 PM

From a Rovers fan on twitter

"Playin like that in a final absolutely shocking ! Monkey **** can **** right off aswell !"

Nah Nah Nah Nah
22/09/2012, 6:05 PM

"Playin like that in a final absolutely shocking ! Monkey **** can **** right off aswell !"

Official line will be that a Bohs fan hacked into his account

Nah Nah Nah Nah
22/09/2012, 6:06 PM
3 1 now. 2 great goals by Killian Brennan.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
22/09/2012, 6:39 PM
http://twitter.com/ColmCarroll/status/249566092597551104/photo/1

adamd164
22/09/2012, 6:55 PM
Stephen Kenny must be sipping champagne somewhere right now (at Shamrock's expense), smiling away to himself!;)

SkStu
22/09/2012, 8:01 PM

http://twitter.com/ColmCarroll/status/249566092597551104/photo/1

Jesus!

PartySaint
22/09/2012, 8:05 PM
Official line will be that a Bohs fan hacked into his account

Or a steward looked at her funny which provoked the tweet.

Is there a direct bus from Tallaght to the internet?

born2bwild
22/09/2012, 8:13 PM
Or a steward looked at her funny which provoked the tweet.

Is there a direct bus from Tallaght to the internet?
No, but I think there's a flying saucer.

hoops1
23/09/2012, 9:51 AM
I would say they were booing because of a season of terrible performances. Plus he was shocking before the og

dong
23/09/2012, 10:28 AM
Another quote from some poster called Leonard Hatred on the srfc forum:
"Jesus Christ. Both goals the fault of that stupid, useless, lazy ****ing **** Gilbert. He really makes me want to be a racist."
Get a grip lads.

Straightstory
23/09/2012, 10:48 AM
Anyway... as a Drogs fan, thrilled with result. Could easily have got five or six goals. Great atmosphere in the Drogs stand.
Hard to work out why Rovers have gone off the boil so much this season. Looked demoralized for much of the game.

Dave_SRFC
23/09/2012, 1:38 PM
Anyway... as a Drogs fan, thrilled with result. Could easily have got five or six goals. Great atmosphere in the Drogs stand.
Hard to work out why Rovers have gone off the boil so much this season. Looked demoralized for much of the game.

Well deserved Drogs well done...some rot going round Rovers at the moment.

Dave_SRFC
23/09/2012, 1:45 PM
Too right, 3 great seasons out of 4 in Tallaght and sweet fa the 16 seasons previous to that. In the bigger picture there's lots to be optimistic about.

Charlie Darwin
23/09/2012, 3:01 PM
It's well-known that a sub-section of our support are sub-human and Gilbert doesn't deserve to be booed but it's really difficult to think of a worse player who's represented Rovers in the past few years.

abcd
23/09/2012, 6:05 PM
Away from all the side issues, Mick Cooke surely deserves manager of the year for all he has achieved this season and indeed last season when most people (myself included) thought he was mad going to Drogheda from Monaghan. At Sligo Baraclough has done well in keeping going the good work of Paul Cook, Buckley has done reasonably well at Pats but in terms of results in comparison to resources Cooke has done superbly.

League Cup tucked away, just caught on the line in the cup (and in the penalty lottery), still in with an outside shot at the league but well in the hunt for 2nd and should at least get a European spot.

I remember them coming to Terryland Park last season about 14 or so games into the season and having 2 points, they won that evening and haven't looked back since.

The only thing is their attendances haven't been great and you'd wonder can they keep hold of their best players when they can't match the finances of those around them. They deserve a packed house for the Pats game next Friday.

Fivesilver
24/09/2012, 12:33 PM
To be honest, if we win the league and Baraclough is named worst manager of the year I won't be too bothered.
If we do hold on and win it, though, a few things have to be kept in mind about how he's handled things.
Quigley suspended for six matches at the start of the season
Millien delayed for much of the first round over work permit.
Ndo recovering from surgery for much of the same period
North out for the season having scored nearly all our goals up to that point
Boco invoking get-out clause (signed before Baraclough arrived)
Keane, Davoren joining North on the long-term injured list for the last six to seven games
All are players who make a serious contribution. He hasn't exactly been blessed with good fortune - not to mention that we lost points relative to both Pats and Shams over the Monaghan debacle.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
24/09/2012, 12:53 PM
True but I think it should be judged on peoples expectations at the start of the season and how it ends up.

We expected to be challenging for the league title. Drogheda would have been happy to avoid relegation (at least I thought they would have been).

Based on that Cooke has done a much better job I would say (not knocking the job Barraclough has done whatsoever)

Charlie Darwin
24/09/2012, 1:22 PM
There is probably an argument for giving manager of the year to the league winners each season, but that would ignore the great work done by managers at smaller clubs, and I feel in this case Cooke's achievement is truly remarkable. I'd be saying the same is Stephen Kennyout had stormed to the title on the back of a spate of injuries.

marinobohs
24/09/2012, 2:16 PM
It's well-known that a sub-section of our support are sub-human and Gilbert doesn't deserve to be booed but it's really difficult to think of a worse player who's represented Rovers in the past few years.

Have always wondered why shams signed Gilbert as he never looked much of a player but successive managers (Directors of Football) have picked him so must rate him better than other players available for selection.

Was surprised at timing of Kenny's dismissal as it looked like a knee jerk reaction to (pretty meaningless) Bohs result. results since would appear to back up that position and despite his poor record this season there is probobly no manager in recent times better equipped to lead a team in a League Cup final :o

need for managerial appointment and a fresh start (team wise) in Tallaght. I expect some intereting calls about the playing personnel for next year.

Charlie Darwin
24/09/2012, 2:30 PM
Have always wondered why shams signed Gilbert as he never looked much of a player but successive managers (Directors of Football) have picked him so must rate him better than other players available for selection.
Kenny replaced him several times with McCormack, who is a poor right back, several times and if he wasn't so conservative would have started picking Gannon when he was fit. Sullivan has been picked for every game for which he's been fit/eligible since returning from Australia despite looking unfit and out of practice.

Gilbert is decent going forward but he's a horrorshow in defence. His positioning is woeful and instead of using his pace to track back he frequently takes the lazy option and commits a foul.