PDA

View Full Version : Panic is setting in ...

A face
07/12/2001, 12:53 AM
Or is it cold feet.

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread?forumid=91456&messageid=1007635965

Lads, Nightowls and MSL all finish up for summer. Maybe more fans there.

Better chance for scouts around the country as well.

Premiereshi* is winding down towards the end of the season as well, it does if ManUre are 15 points clear.

Over lap of premiereshi*

MARCH
APRIL
MAY
AUGUST
SEPTEMBER
OCTOBER
NOVEMBER

maybe not so good, but our league has to run for at least eight to nine months.

I dont think there is any/much competition from GAA.

Games in the sun, with good craic, drinking outside and the likes.

Sky looking for something to show, RTÉ may get better if FAI take the finger out.

Added interest with Euro/WC competitions on (footie fans out of the woodwork)

Better chance in our own Euro games.

While changing to summer footie, we are on par with other leagues for friendlies.

OK, i am struggling ... but are there anymore good point s to summer soccer.

Éanna
07/12/2001, 3:14 PM
that suggestion of playing all games mid-week will kill the league. I've had huge reservations about summer soccer and i haven't seen a whole lot to change that. I still think a winter break was a better idea.

Pablo
11/12/2001, 2:17 PM
i reckon a friday nite at the x during the summer would go down very well. remember the year we won the league and the games at the Cross in the play off were great.....

pete
11/12/2001, 2:51 PM
I was against the 10 team summer footie thing but Rico convinced me at the NLU Forum. Basically for whatever reason the eL is in serious trouble with the 1st division just making up the numbers & not much better than non-league standard.

If football in this country is to survive in the is country we need to salvage the top half as most of the bottom half are going no where.