PDA

View Full Version : Saorview tv - connecting sky tv

elroy
18/09/2012, 7:38 PM
Lads, any help on this appreciated. Im usually good at this sort of thing but not having any joy right now.

Bought a digital tv saorview ready for the auld lad for his kitchen. Currently he has an old tv there that picks up rte via the aerial on the roof but also has sky tv through the sky box in the sitting room.

Having replaced the tv with the digital tv, he now has all the rte channels including the new digital ones. However, he doesnt have sky tv. I cant seem to figure out why. The sky feed is not showing up on a scan. From my limited research so far it appears that the sky tv may be an analogue signal and the digital tv cant pick this up.

Anyone any ideas on this and more importantly how to rectify it?

tetsujin1979
18/09/2012, 10:05 PM
don't think Sky is on saorview yet?

nigel-harps1954
18/09/2012, 10:10 PM
Two different cables connect sky and aerial television. Sure you have the sky connected at all?

horton
18/09/2012, 10:15 PM
^My moneys on there being a lead loose or something. On the tv remote, does the source button not show any other connections?

Real ale Madrid
19/09/2012, 10:23 PM
I Presume he is getting the feed from the rf2 out on the back of the skybox to the TV in the kitchen?

If it is the rf2 out, it is done on a certain frequency which may need to be changed for the new TV. You can change the frequency for the output on the skybox - do a search on google or on the boards.ie satellite forum.