PDA

View Full Version : rest of the season

max power
01/09/2004, 10:48 AM
so where do yee see it going :confused:

i feel we can beat scumlone in the cup and set up a nice cup semi and in the league a good psh starting on sat with derry, win those games in hand and i would be confident of a 5th place finish this season,

confidence and spirit within the club is on a high so lets make the most of it and finish on a high again this season.

CuanaD
01/09/2004, 2:49 PM
5th or 6th should be realistic for ye - its the cup id be most interested in. Longford have a pretty good chance of retaining the fai cup & finishing the season with 2 trophies (& back in europe AGAIN). Wouldnt that be nice! :ball:

max power
01/09/2004, 3:09 PM
no not if our league form suffered.......fairly simple, a good cup run leading to better league position would be better for me

boots
02/09/2004, 5:03 AM
It doesnt matter if we finish fourth or second from bottom. All the emphasis should be on winning the cup and garaunteeing a place in the UEFA cup next year, and mabye actually winning through a round..
Who remembers the team that finishes 5th in the league? Cup winners go down in history(especially back to back ones :D )

the 12 th man
02/09/2004, 6:56 AM
definite signs of things being on the up.
the bout of "blood letting" seems to have had a galvanising effect on the team.
if we could convert a few more of the numerous chances we create every match then we really would be in business.

the lads seem "mad for it" in the last 5 or 6 games we've played

max power
02/09/2004, 8:55 AM
do me a favour and mentio the cup final when we are there.......jinx and all that.

we are setting ourselves up for a major pie in the face against scumlone

Wiseguy
02/09/2004, 12:28 PM
The good thing is that there are no teams left in the cup that we can't beat.The bad thing is that all good runs come to an end.I would be very content with staying up and winning the cup again but i think it is a bit unlikely but i hope i'm wrong.

Xlex
02/09/2004, 10:00 PM
I think that at this stage we need to evaluate the management and take the proper steps to go forward...

Matthews and O'Callaghan OUT...
We'll pick it up from here and a tasty bet on town for the FAI cup. I really think that we could do a double double cup.

max power
02/09/2004, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=Xlex]I think that at this stage we need to evaluate the management and take the proper steps to go forward...

Matthews and O'Callaghan OUT...
QUOTE]

why so :confused:

Xlex
02/09/2004, 10:22 PM
;)

it was lingering on the board for awhile so I thought I might gauge some sort of reaction!!

max power
02/09/2004, 10:24 PM
thought as much :D

ya should have started a a thread on it for full effect :cool:

Longfordian
02/09/2004, 10:27 PM
F*ck them all..bring back Mickey O'Connor or Billy Bagster for that matter..it's not like it was in the old days when men were men and players were locked.. :)

the 12 th man
04/09/2004, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=Longfordian] or Billy Bagster for that ./QUOTE]

i see the great man :rolleyes: around dublin all the time.
he must sleep on a sunbed every night as he has all the year round "pema tan" whether it be december or march :D

parnell ranger
06/09/2004, 8:36 AM
do me a favour and mentio the cup final when we are there.......jinx and all that.

we are setting ourselves up for a major pie in the face against scumlone

nah,we've no chance wotsoever what with 8 locals in the side!
strange one that-midlands select versus longford :)

max power
06/09/2004, 8:39 AM
crafty there parnell ;)