PDA

View Full Version : Judas United!!

Schumi
31/08/2004, 5:52 PM
We got Drogheda at home in the Cup quarter final!

Rest of the draw:
Derry v Kildare
Longford v Athlone
Waterford v Rockmount

pineapple stu
31/08/2004, 5:57 PM
Old bald man he ain't what he used to be...!!! Better get buying!!!

Drogs have only won once in Belfield ever, so it's not a bad draw. We can certainly take them. If we can beat Cork, we can beat the Drogs. We'll be seriously up for it - can see Shero going to every training session from now till then to get the lads fired up - picture of Doolo hanging from the top corner of the net to improve free-kick accuracy!

Also, it's almost a year to the day since he buggered off too! Think the programme may have a little special comparing the records of the two!

John83
31/08/2004, 6:23 PM
Think the programme may have a little special comparing the records of the two!Very good. Can we emphasise the goals for column a bit... :D The big question in my mind is whether or not Willie Doyle is fit. I thought he was due back against Kilkenny. Anyone heard anything?

pineapple stu
31/08/2004, 6:43 PM
Was talking to George Casey in Kilkenny and he said he's nearly back. Got the impression he'd be fit for Bray, so should be okay for Judas Inc. He's been involved in his own warm-ups before the last couple of games as well, so he should be back. Finn was only suspended for one match, as far as I know.

WindmillWarrior
31/08/2004, 7:22 PM
Well lads. Having a good old foam at the mouth already I see ;)

pineapple stu
31/08/2004, 9:10 PM
Well lads. Having a good old foam at the mouth already I see ;)

Praying for this draw in every round to be honest! Though there are some who'd have preferred it to be the final - so we could go up to Doolo afterwards and "commiserate" with him on his loss! :D

That's the biggest advantage we have over youz - even more than the home tie, the fact that youz have only won once in Belfield or the fact that youz have Mark Rooney and we have Willie Doyle - it's the fact that with Doolin, there is serious needle on our side but not on yours. If we can work that up, you never know...

WindmillWarrior
01/09/2004, 10:02 AM
Don't I know. Most Drogs fans seem to have "the fear" whenever Belfield is mentioned! It is obviously not a happy hunting ground for us and generally not a nice place to visit - although the student bars are something of a sweetener :)
But I'm sure our Doolo will have the troops up for it, he'll know the rabid dog syndrome that we're going to encounter. And as for Willie Doyle - how about Declan O'Brien, Andy Myler or even Tony Bird - no contest!

Schumi
01/09/2004, 11:02 AM
as for Willie Doyle - how about Declan O'Brien, Andy Myler or even Tony Bird - no contest!
Agreed. :D

pineapple stu
01/09/2004, 5:21 PM
But I'm sure our Doolo will have the troops up for it, he'll know the rabid dog syndrome that we're going to encounter.

Didn't work the last time! Or the time before that! :D

Will be a very interesting tie, though, no doubts about that.

Cosmo
02/09/2004, 12:44 PM
Preseason friendly :p

John83
02/09/2004, 4:28 PM
Preseason friendly :pYes, this will help rebuild Willie Doyle's fitness and confidence, won't it. :p