galwaygirl
31/08/2004, 3:45 PM
The right back, formerly of Galway United and Newry Town, had been with
Sligo for five years, and was a fans’ favourite with his attacking work
down the flank ...
<http://www.eleven-a-side.com/first/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=13347>

gustavo
31/08/2004, 4:34 PM
he's supposedly gone to harps . never liked him that much and theres replacements at the club for him now anyway

Daxion
03/09/2004, 12:06 PM
he's supposedly gone to harps . never liked him that much and theres replacements at the club for him now anywayWell he can bugger off and join the Harps.:mad:
It's akin to a Spurs player joining Arsenal

Rocky
28/09/2004, 3:13 PM
Well he can bugger off and join the Harps.:mad:
It's akin to a Spurs player joining Arsenal

Why did he leave anyway does anybody know? Don't really think it can be compared with Arsenal and Spurs to be honest. There's a long history of players switching between Rovers and Harps. That's natural due to the proximity. Realistically Harps is the only club a Sligo lad can switch to and still live at home, apart from maybe Galway. But who wants to go there either!

Terry
28/09/2004, 3:35 PM
Why did he leave anyway does anybody know? Don't really think it can be compared with Arsenal and Spurs to be honest. There's a long history of players switching between Rovers and Harps. That's natural due to the proximity. Realistically Harps is the only club a Sligo lad can switch to and still live at home, apart from maybe Galway. But who wants to go there either!

I heard that McTeirnan, Cretaro and the 2 barbados lads Williams and miller are coming down to GUFC for next season?

Rocky
28/09/2004, 3:59 PM
I heard that McTeirnan, Cretaro and the 2 barbados lads Williams and miller are coming down to GUFC for next season?

Dream on!! There's always rumours flying around! You can have the 2 Barbados lads though. So long as they take Rouse with them!

galwaygirl
28/09/2004, 5:22 PM
..... apart from maybe Galway. But who wants to go there either!

what club do you think he was playing for before joining Sligo :confused:

galwaygirl
28/09/2004, 5:27 PM

heard that as well but i wont believe it til i see it....
there was rumours like that as well about McTernan when he was supposed to have had a fallen out with Don a couple of months ago

gustavo
28/09/2004, 5:36 PM
basically if u were able to shave and had more than 2 brain cells in your head you would fall out with don cos he likes them young and unquestioning. if galway did get cretaro mct williams and miller we would be fúcked cos thats three of our best players and williams. :eek: especially raf though he is easily a potential premier division player

Rory H
02/10/2004, 10:52 AM
ive heard the same rumours.....just about mc tiernan and cretaro though

DonalE
02/10/2004, 5:18 PM
Three or our best players??? Ram,McT and Raff? Raff definitely,the other 2? I think not.