PDA

View Full Version : Bray Vs. UCD - Build Up

Roo69
31/08/2004, 8:52 AM
Biggest match of the season so far by a long way ! Bray have had no luck what so ever Vs. UCD this season, even in the under 21's matches we cant beat them ! it's gotta change sometime, and there would be no better time than Friday down the Carlisle to do that.

Schumi
31/08/2004, 12:16 PM
Bray have had no luck what so ever Vs. UCD this season
No goals either! :)

Big game alright but possibly more important for Bray than us as even if we lose, we'd still be in touch with the top of the table. Another performance like Saturday's though and we'll be hammered.

Roo69
31/08/2004, 1:16 PM
No goals either! :)

Big game alright but possibly more important for Bray than us as even if we lose, we'd still be in touch with the top of the table. Another performance like Saturday's though and we'll be hammered.

and another preformance like last fridays and well be hammered ! There 2 points in it so it wouldnt be the end of the world if we lost but we really do need to take all 3 points.

Wes Charles is away on international duty, McGuinness is struggling with a knock.

Terry
31/08/2004, 1:30 PM
Wes Charles is away on international duty

This could be the deciding factor between the two teams. When I seen Wes in terryland a few weeks back, he was the only player in peak form for the team.

A draw between the clubs would suit me fine :) , but I think UCD will just nick it by the single goal 2-1. :cool:

Schumi
31/08/2004, 1:33 PM
and another preformance like last fridays and well be hammered !A draw so? ;)

There 2 points in it so it wouldnt be the end of the world if we lost but we really do need to take all 3 points.A 5 point gap to the top two (assuming Harps beat Cobh) would be worrying though.

Wes Charles is away on international duty, McGuinness is struggling with a knock.
We're missing Tony McDonnell (out for a good few weeks I think) but Willie Doyle might be back (we could certainly do with him anyway!).

seagullsnest
31/08/2004, 1:54 PM
Wes has been our far more consistent player this season. It shows with player of the monthshe has got it a few times. Bray need to win this game to ensure we go up to premier next season...

Roo69
31/08/2004, 2:01 PM
Wes has been our far more consistent player this season. It shows with player of the monthshe has got it a few times. Bray need to win this game to ensure we go up to premier next season...

If every player was as consistant as Weso has been this season we would walk away with the premier, never mind the 1st division !

Good news for us that Tony Mac is out, super player and deserves to be in the Premier. A draw would look most likely at the moment but i'm sure we can lift our game :p

pineapple stu
31/08/2004, 6:11 PM
even in the under 21s matches we cant beat them!

Apart from that time you beat us, you mean? ;) Youz are the only team to beat our U-21s this season, if you don't count Belgrove (who beat us on penalties).

Seán Finn's back as well, don't forget - was only serving a one-match suspension. Pat Sullivan can't play as badly as that again. We can up our level when we want (witness three games v. Bray, Cup win over Cork, ignore Harps and Kildare!).

I'd be happy with a draw, though I still have in mind that any 26 points from our last eleven games will have us promoted! :) Bray have been on very poor form lately, and unlike us (Kilkenny aside), have been dropping silly points here and there (Limerick defeat stands out, think there were a couple of other too?) So, impartial as I am and all, I'll go for a 1-0 win for us! ;)

Stevo Da Gull
01/09/2004, 7:27 PM
If we lose this but still manage to go up I will fear for us next season.
With Wes is out and if Will Doyle is playing it'll be a worry, Jody is a reliable defender but I have seen him outpaced a few times this season.

I dont like to make predictions about matches involving my own club but evrytime I think of the match there is a certain scoreline in me head..... I'll keep quiet though. ;)

Roo69
02/09/2004, 8:48 AM
If we lose this but still manage to go up I will fear for us next season.
With Wes is out and if Will Doyle is playing it'll be a worry, Jody is a reliable defender but I have seen him outpaced a few times this season.

I dont like to make predictions about matches involving my own club but evrytime I think of the match there is a certain scoreline in me head..... I'll keep quiet though. ;)

Good man Stevo ! positive thoughts all the way :p It could be our only chance.

Seagull
02/09/2004, 7:42 PM
Hang on Roo69- Wanderers u-21's beat UCD 4-2 at the Carlisle recently. It was the day after the Limerick disaster. Maurice Dunne got a hat trick and they would have won by more if the ref hadn't bottled giving us a blatant penalty. Hopefully tomorrow night's when the big boys catch up! :o