PDA

View Full Version : TV Ratings

dcfcsteve
30/08/2004, 7:50 PM
How do you find the viewing figures for TV3 programmes ? Would be interesting to see how many they get for Eircom League weekly on a going basis, and also how many watched the Cork-Shels game a few weeks back.

Their web-site is rubbish - very limited in terms of interactivity/functionality, and doesn't appear to have a search function to help find something like this.

ShelsTim
30/08/2004, 7:57 PM
E-mail them, they're very good with it. I e-mailed them for eL weekly figures, they get like 100,000 a go, I think, I can't really remember now, the wan who e-mailed me gave me their highest and lowest rating too. RTE ******* didn't give me ****, they got all suspicious, started asking me why I wanted it, then refused me, *******s.

CuanaD
30/08/2004, 8:01 PM
If you do get a reply can you post it here so we can all have a look at the ratings

Dr.Nightdub
30/08/2004, 9:32 PM
Ask anyone that works in an ad agency, they should be able to get the stats easily enough

pete
31/08/2004, 11:41 AM
If TV3 are getting 100k for 11.30pm slot then thats probably the reason they sticking to late night slow as show clearly has loyal/cult following...

CuanaD
31/08/2004, 3:10 PM
If TV3 are getting 100k for 11.30pm slot then thats probably the reason they sticking to late night slow as show clearly has loyal/cult following...

100,000 would constitute more than a cult following at that hour - i doubt that more than 500,000 would be watching anything at that hour on a monday - which would mean eLweekly gets 20% viewership, pretty good, eh?

pete
31/08/2004, 3:39 PM
100,000 would constitute more than a cult following at that hour - i doubt that more than 500,000 would be watching anything at that hour on a monday - which would mean eLweekly gets 20% viewership, pretty good, eh?

Yeah but my point was no motivation for tv3 to move to earlier slot pick some xtra viewers when can get relatively high viewing figures for that time of night.

manic da hoop
31/08/2004, 3:48 PM
I would be amazed, bur pleasantly surprised, if el Weekly got close to 100K a week. Any six figure viewership is high by TV3's standard and given that I know quite alot of diehard el fans who don't bother watching it because of the hour that it's on at, it makes you wonder - who the hell actually IS watching it?

CuanaD
31/08/2004, 4:38 PM
Yeah but my point was no motivation for tv3 to move to earlier slot pick some xtra viewers when can get relatively high viewing figures for that time of night.

fair point - actually i kinda like the late time slot, after the news when all the kids are finally asleep - works for me!

CuanaD
31/08/2004, 4:40 PM
I would be amazed, bur pleasantly surprised, if el Weekly got close to 100K a week. Any six figure viewership is high by TV3's standard and given that I know quite alot of diehard el fans who don't bother watching it because of the hour that it's on at, it makes you wonder - who the hell actually IS watching it?

1/3 of the people who watched the shel$ deportivo game on rte?

manic da hoop
01/09/2004, 8:19 AM
1/3 of the people who watched the shel$ deportivo game on rte?

Don't tell me you can't see the difference between an eircom League highlights show at 11.30pm on TV3, and live coverage of a Champions League Qualifier between Shels and Depor at Lansdowne Road at 7.30pm on Network 2.

CuanaD
01/09/2004, 2:24 PM
Don't tell me you can't see the difference between an eircom League highlights show at 11.30pm on TV3, and live coverage of a Champions League Qualifier between Shels and Depor at Lansdowne Road at 7.30pm on Network 2.

Of course I can - my point was that there are a lot of people out there who have a little interest in the eL - they may never go to games (or not often) but they will still 'throw an eye' at the eL weekly program some mondays.

The Deportivo ratings just show that there are at least 350,000 people who have a vague interest in the league at the moment.