PDA

View Full Version : FAI Intermediate Cup 2012/13

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

bullet
02/12/2012, 10:25 PM
Bullet wouldnt agree, better team won, young team at the moment and prob 2 or 3 years ago would have won the game easily, they were physically to strong.

Football wise they out played leeside from the first minute on the physical side of the game didnt matter cause there movement and superior football meant they never had to get involved with that side of the game.

thebooboys
02/12/2012, 10:38 PM
Well your intitled to your opinion on the game and as i said better team won, we will rise again and be better for this result, learning experience for us and things are looking up.

corkgaffer
04/12/2012, 10:37 AM
Bullet wouldnt agree, better team won, young team at the moment and prob 2 or 3 years ago would have won the game easily, they were physically to strong.

Football wise they out played leeside from the first minute on the physical side of the game didnt matter cause there movement and superior football meant they never had to get involved with that side of the game.

When people watch a game of football there's always the possibility that some people will develop a different opinion than others. People develop that opinion based on their own understanding and skill sets. For you to come on here and come out with that assessment of the game basically shows your understanding of football is as poor as your decision to write what you did. Last weekend both myself and Leeside had the privilege to being part of the football cavalcade that traveled to Dublin for what was the biggest game in the clubs history to date. The prize at the end of a possible win was football heaven for a side making its initial bow into the ranks of senior football in this country. We were under no illusion that we were in with the big boys especially when entry into the FAI cup 1st round awaited the winner. The game was a very hard game from start to finish. We knew exactly what to expect form Glenville from start to finish. Fast physical and very direct. Our own game plan was to keep hold of the ball and test Glenvilles resolve and ability to keep their shape. We conceded after 20 minutes from a free kick on the edge of the box following a defensive mistake. We didnt let this upset us too much and continued to play as we had planned keeping mobile and maintaining possession thus starving Glenville of the ball whilst at the same time working it in behind the Glenville back four. Glenville sat deep and with the cushion of their one goal lead and for the remainder of the game hit us on the break continuously as we pushed forward searching for an equalizer.

corkgaffer
04/12/2012, 11:07 AM
We enjoyed a lot of the ball and so much infact Glenville altered their formation to include 2 holding midfielders to try and wrestle the ball back. Not for one moment did we stop playing the way we know how to with ball at feet and credit to my lads for 100% effort they gave throughout the tie. In the end there was no doubting the better side won as they took their chances and to be fair my lads were dead on their feet towards the end when the last 2 goals went in. A good footballing side with the ability to penetrate more readily and quickly will cope with Glenville comfortly . I'm immensely proud of my lads and how they conducted them selves over the weekend. We have an average age of 23 in our team with one or 2 old heads lifting it up to the late 20's. Physically the Glenville lads had the edge for sure but they definitely struggled with our mobility. We definitely enjoyed ourselves and I dont feel we let ourselves down for one minute. We came to Dublin took on a good side came of second best but the experience will stand us in good stead and hopefully my lads will learn form it. Officals were fantastic and referee handled the game very well with there being only one yellow card in the game for desent. Well done to the remaining teams in the competition and I thought the Marys result was a cracker well done lads. As for begrudgery , snide comments and the baiting you can tell a lot about a person when they feel the need to stick the boot into a young up and coming team after they lose the biggest game in their clubs history.

1fortheTeam
04/12/2012, 1:03 PM
We enjoyed a lot of the ball and so much infact Glenville altered their formation to include 2 holding midfielders to try and wrestle the ball back. Not for one moment did we stop playing the way we know how to with ball at feet and credit to my lads for 100% effort they gave throughout the tie. In the end there was no doubting the better side won as they took their chances and to be fair my lads were dead on their feet towards the end when the last 2 goals went in. A good footballing side with the ability to penetrate more readily and quickly will cope with Glenville comfortly . I'm immensely proud of my lads and how they conducted them selves over the weekend. We have an average age of 23 in our team with one or 2 old heads lifting it up to the late 20's. Physically the Glenville lads had the edge for sure but they definitely struggled with our mobility. We definitely enjoyed ourselves and I dont feel we let ourselves down for one minute. We came to Dublin took on a good side came of second best but the experience will stand us in good stead and hopefully my lads will learn form it. Officals were fantastic and referee handled the game very well with there being only one yellow card in the game for desent. Well done to the remaining teams in the competition and I thought the Marys result was a cracker well done lads. As for begrudgery , snide comments and the baiting you can tell a lot about a person when they feel the need to stick the boot into a young up and coming team after they lose the biggest game in their clubs history.you gave your take that was brave to do here but then im told your a decent guy you deserve credit for this and where you want to bring leeside to .well done to you and your team.what formation you play up there ?if they sat deep why didnt your front boys keep forward only to 3 yards of the d off the opponents box ..then push ball beyond fullbacks to get center half turning and you might have got som e joy.im just here for this post as i feel you deserve credit for what your doing there ok lads no comments to me thanks.at least your keeping ball on the grass and that must be urged more i think .

corkgaffer
04/12/2012, 1:47 PM
fair to say you got your point across anyway there corkgaffer;) i wonder if the club felt it was a bigger game than saying playing in their first aoh final or winning the munster junior cup final?how many rounds did ye play to get that far?

I think with the carrot of getting into the 1st round proper of the FAI cup at stake in our first season as a senior club I dont many at the club will begrudge me calling it the most important game to date in the club.

corkgaffer
04/12/2012, 1:48 PM
you gave your take that was brave to do here but then im told your a decent guy you deserve credit for this and where you want to bring leeside to .well done to you and your team.what formation you play up there ?if they sat deep why didnt your front boys keep forward only to 3 yards of the d off the opponents box ..then push ball beyond fullbacks to get center half turning and you might have got som e joy.im just here for this post as i feel you deserve credit for what your doing there ok lads no comments to me thanks.at least your keeping ball on the grass and that must be urged more i think .

Played 3-5-2

1fortheTeam
04/12/2012, 1:59 PM
Played 3-5-2i like 4-4-2 myself.

corkgaffer
04/12/2012, 2:04 PM
At this level games are won and lost in the middle I feel. Superior numbers in the middle seems to be the best way forward for me. Would love to have the personnel for 4-3-3. Lets see what santa brings me. Looking for at least 5 new faces in the transfer window. 1 in the bag just 4 more to find

razor
04/12/2012, 2:07 PM
Avondale drawn at home to Corinthians

full draw to follow.

1fortheTeam
04/12/2012, 2:19 PM
At this level games are won and lost in the middle I feel. Superior numbers in the middle seems to be the best way forward for me. Would love to have the personnel for 4-3-3. Lets see what santa brings me. Looking for at least 5 new faces in the transfer window. 1 in the bag just 4 more to findi know what you mean .imo good winger.s will win you more then you lose.build out from back if your team is fast and comfi on the ball.gaffer to be fair apart from the top div in msl all the aul prem teams would give the rest a game.i know of a bit of tranfer movement
will set the bar for the rest of teams seasons.

corkey121
04/12/2012, 2:20 PM
What a tie...i fancy corinthans to pull something out are cork city loan players allowed play in the intermadiate cup?;)

Gobias
04/12/2012, 2:23 PM
FAI Intermediate Cup 4th Rnd Draw

Avondale Utd v College Corinthians
Tolka Rovers v Tynon Celtic / Blarney Utd
Phoenix v Everton
Bluebell Utd v Bandon
Leixlip v St Marys

Games to take place 26/27th January.

corkey121
04/12/2012, 2:23 PM
i know what you mean .imo good winger.s will win you more then you lose.build out from back if your team is fast and comfi on the ball.gaffer to be fair apart from the top div in msl all the aul prem teams would give the rest a game.i know of a bit of tranfer movement
will set the bar for the rest of teams seasons.

are u for real here buddy talking up Aul premier against senior teams like leeds cit ringmahon blarney Castleview i wouldnt think so buddy.take off your sunglasses now for a change.rather than bla bla bla every second post about who is better get over it

1fortheTeam
04/12/2012, 2:38 PM
are u for real here buddy talking up Aul premier against senior teams like leeds cit ringmahon blarney Castleview i wouldnt think so buddy.take off your sunglasses now for a change.rather than bla bla bla every second post about who is better get over itapart from the top teams bud.just an opinion bud.relax now the killumney v hall game still in the mind ,top div was the key to that post rather then say top clubs.

corkgaffer
04/12/2012, 2:42 PM
FAI Intermediate Cup 4th Rnd Draw

Avondale Utd v College Corinthians
Tolka Rovers v Tynon Celtic / Blarney Utd
Phoenix v Everton
Bluebell Utd v Bandon
Leixlip v St Marys

Games to take place 26/27th January.

Any other ties?

corkgaffer
04/12/2012, 2:44 PM
Im going to put it out there for all to chew but to me it seems like the draw is very unkind to the Cork teams involved in the competition..... Almost too kind to the LSL teams

razor
04/12/2012, 3:45 PM
FAI Umbro Intermediate Cup
Full Fourth Round Draw

Glenville FC v Beggsboro AFC or Greystones United FC
TEK United FC or Tolka Rovers FC v Tymon Celtic FC or Blarney United FC
Avondale United FC v College Corinthians FC
Newbridge Town FC v Parkvilla FC or Verona FC
St. Patrick’s CY FC v Bangor Celtic FC
Phoenix FC v Everton AFC
Bluebell United FC v Bandon AFC
Leixlip United AFC v St. Mary’s AFC

Fixtures to be played on week ending January 27, 2013.

roberto1
04/12/2012, 4:40 PM
pity Avondale and Corinthians drew each other that would have been a great final this year

corkgaffer
04/12/2012, 6:59 PM
pity Avondale and Corinthians drew each other that would have been a great final this year

Winner of this tie gets my nod but with the way the draw has been to the Dublin sides you never know........

bullet
04/12/2012, 11:19 PM
fair to say you got your point across anyway there corkgaffer;) i wonder if the club felt it was a bigger game than saying playing in their first aoh final or winning the munster junior cup final?how many rounds did ye play to get that far?

No yr right redandwhite theres no clubman would even consider this fixture as clubs biggest ever fact is the u16s had a bigger game at w/end as for snrs i dare say for those with history in mind the "denis cambridge" pre season game should mean more than THIS game.. w/out even contemplating some of the honours a few in yr post mentioned. i might need correcting but was it one or two byes with one actual victory v crosshaven? got club to dublin

bullet
04/12/2012, 11:27 PM
id be checking with a few real clubmen rnd little islnad before making statements like this... leeside hav a long & very proud history winning one game in cork getn stuffed 0-3 in dublin portraying a moral victory wont sit well with the board.

corkgaffer
05/12/2012, 5:48 AM
When I first started reading this forum and then writing on it there always seemed to be consensus amongst those that posted that the step up to senior is a big one and not an easy one. Whilst junior clubs in cork undoubtedly have a vast number of very good players its only when you really come to the ranks of the senior leagues that you meet players that have that bit extra. Not only do they have it but they seem to produce it day in day out. Not only is it a step up about playing its also about changes in the club in terms of organisation facilities coaching etc. There are much needed changes in training methods, fitness, diet and a general requirement to be a bit more tactically astute as a club. There’s no doubting Leesides history as one of corks finest junior clubs but they’ve now all of a sudden become a small fish in a big pond whereas in the past they were a big fish in a small pond so to speak. Such a move and step up is called progress and it was this word echoed by the committee when I spoke to them that sold Leeside to me they wanted progress. You can chose to have it cheap and easy or you can chose to lay the foundations that will stand the club in good stead for the next 3-4 years at least.

corkgaffer
05/12/2012, 5:54 AM
In one of your posts following our game against Kinsale (which we won) you claim to have watched 2 fallen giants which I thought displyed your understanding of the situation and compounded your lack of knowledge of football altogether as what you really seen were 2 young sides who are in the process of building and are utilizing previously unused talent from their locality to great effect it but then again its all about opinions like the one in which you told us to look after our keeper and to get his back in order as he would be bending it a lot during our home game against Wilton. I have to admit you were spot on in that assumption but you failed to allude to the fact that the Wilton keeper would be bending his a lot more which was pretty much the case as we triumphed 3-2. Leeside have taken a big bold step by joining the ranks of the senior league.

This season we’ve managed to turn your beloved Midelton over in the Keane cup and have been welcomed to a number of top grounds of top MSL clubs for preseason friendlies and to round off 2012 we will host Avondale who are in my opinion are one of the best sides in the country , in the senior cup at home in Little Island. History is one thing but perspective is another. All in all the club now play at better pitches avail of better referees , take part in more prestigious competitions and in general operate at a level some more established teams and their fans take for granted. I can assure you that this is also a new concept even for those REAL LEESIDE club men you’ve alluded two as well as us not so real club men. The very idea had we progressed of actually hosting a league of Ireland club big or small at Leeside Park in the FAI cup at the end of the season somehow negated how we got to Dublin. A bye and a win later it was achievable and to tell the truth regardless of your desire to soil it we didn’t give a hoot how we got there we were just glad we were and that for a while the players could dream a bit. It vindicated the decision to go senior and to be travelling to Dublin to play a LSL team for the first time in the clubs history was the preverbal icing on the cake. In the end we had to settle for the experience and it was a harsh lesson but one that will stand us in good stead as the players are young and learning fast but I wonder what you have the problem with is it that you don’t think we should have been there or is it how we got there or even that we dared to suggest that a LOI club could come to little island if we won.

I have been lucky to inherit 3-4 of those old school players you seem to know a lot about complimented them with a few new faces and filled the gaps with some very able young players who were coming through. So what I’ll do if you like is tell my lads that progress is flawed. Ill tell them there no need for it as everything’s just going to stay as it is or maybe we should just step back a bit. What we will do is live off the exploits of those great Leeside teams of the past sure whenever we lose we can just cheer ourselves up by reminiscing about the AOH wins and the MJC wins of yesterday. So whenever you were gloating and posting following our Casement loss it seems I went about it all wrong the team should be living in the past at the expense of the present Silly me ..I wont make the same mistake. We have a project at Leeside at the moment and its an exiting one. Its not unlike the type of project instigated by Avondale all those years ago and all it takes is a bit of belief and buy in from the right type of person and player.

The players and I love pitting our wits in the MSL every week and are thoroughly enjoying every minute of it. I’ll get on to my board though and see if these moral victories will suffice for now until such times you constitute and inform us what real success is. If youd be so kind to let me know what that is I’ll be sure to pass it on to all at Leeside for you but then again Id say you’ve passed that on already.

justasupporter
05/12/2012, 11:04 AM
Very good post Gaffer , good to see someone on here thats actually articulate & has a solid understanding of the game as opposed to the usual digs & one liner nonsense posts that drop in all too often, your explanation of how you see the future of the club & where you are looking to get to is spot on . While Leeside have always been a big AUL side thats now in the past so I agree with you that your game last sunday should be classed as one of the biggest in the Clubs History as a Munster Senior league side , 3rd round of the intermediate cup regardless of byes or the previous opposition & with a chance to get into the first round of the Senior cup was a massive incentive for your boys .
Stick to your principles & hopefully it won't be too long a haul to move up the leagues & create your own bit of History .

Reznik
10/12/2012, 12:57 PM
Tymon celtic 0-2 Blarney Utd

KUFCMan
15/12/2012, 12:12 PM
3RD Round Replays

Beggsboro 2-0 Greystones Utd
Parkvilla V Verona - 200pm Sun
TEK V Tolka Rovers- 200pm Sun

KUFCMan
01/01/2013, 3:20 PM
3RD ROUND REPLAY

TEK V Tolka Rovers
1PM Sunday

littlebray
02/01/2013, 1:45 AM
I've been collating the results so far, and they can be seen here (http://www.braywanderers.com/showarticle.php?id=662).
There's a fair few scores missing, but I think the results are OK.
Any help with missing data would be appreciated.

Happy New Year to all!

KUFCMan
08/01/2013, 12:01 AM
Tek 0-2 Tolka Rovers

razor
15/01/2013, 10:33 PM
Avondale v Corinthians was set for Saturday Jan 26th has been moved out to the following morning Sunday the 27th

peterpan
19/01/2013, 3:23 PM
Avondale v Corinthians was set for Saturday Jan 26th has been moved out to the following morning Sunday the 27th
Interesting choice of ref for this game.... Not very experienced?

razor
22/01/2013, 9:07 AM
Interesting choice of ref for this game.... Not very experienced?Hopefully he'll be more thorough than the ref they had last weekend.

Game is down for 11am on Sunday morning and not the usual 10.45.

KUFCMan
26/01/2013, 2:32 PM
FRIDAY RESULTS

ST Pats CY 1-1 Bangor
Newbridge v Parkvilla ?

Reznik
26/01/2013, 5:35 PM
Can any of the dubs give us a quick weather report from the capital? Hows the pitches looking? Avondale v The College already cancelled down here. Four teams travelling up tomorrow so it would be a shame to head up only for the game not to go ahead! Whats the chances of games being on???

KUFCMan
26/01/2013, 7:25 PM
Tolka V Blarney-Frank Cooke Park-Ive never heard of this pitch being off as its one of the best in Ireland so take it this goes ahead.
Phoenix V Everton - Scribblestown All Weather- No Probs

Most pitches are already off as it rained bad all day Friday

Reznik
26/01/2013, 7:33 PM
Tolka V Blarney-Frank Cooke Park-Ive never heard of this pitch being off as its one of the best in Ireland so take it this goes ahead.
Phoenix V Everton - Scribblestown All Weather- No Probs

Most pitches are already off as it rained bad all day Friday

Muchas Gracias....

el nino coro
27/01/2013, 2:08 PM
tolka 1-0 blarney

el nino coro
27/01/2013, 2:17 PM
leixlip 3-0 st marys
pheonix 4-0 everton

KUFCMan
27/01/2013, 4:57 PM
4TH ROUND RESULTS

Tolka Rovers 3 v 0 Blarney Utd
Phoenix 5 v 0 Everton
Bluebell Utd 2 v 0 Bandon
Leixlip 3 v 0 St Marys

peterpan
27/01/2013, 5:34 PM
4TH ROUND RESULTS

Tolka Rovers 3 v 0 Blarney Utd
Phoenix 5 v 0 Everton
Bluebell Utd 2 v 0 Bandon
Leixlip 3 v 0 St Marys
bad day at the office for the cork clubs!

Pundit
27/01/2013, 6:15 PM
Anybody have any match reports.

KUFCMan
30/01/2013, 3:01 PM
REPLAY DATES

In the FAI Umbro Intermediate Cup three of the eight games in the Fourth Round were postponed including the all-Munster tie between the holders Avondale United had their Cork rivals College Corinthians. This game has now been re-fixed for 11am on Sunday, February 10, along with Glenville against Beggsboro.
The other tie between Newbridge Town and Parkvilla has been re-fixed for Friday, February 8 at 7.45pm.

razor
05/02/2013, 1:52 PM
The winner of Sundays big game will be at home to to Glenville or Beggsboro

Reznik
05/02/2013, 4:37 PM
FAI Intermediate Cup Quarter Final Draw

1. Bluebell Utd v Newbridge Town/Parkvilla
2. Avondale Utd/College Cors v Glenville/Beggsboro
3. Bangor Celtic/St Pats CYFC v Leixlip
4. Phoenix v Tolka Rovers

Ties to take place w/end 2/3rd March

Glenbuck
10/02/2013, 12:43 PM
Avondale 2 Corinthians 0. Comfortable win in the end for Dale. Even with 10 men for a half hour.

the hawk
10/02/2013, 1:24 PM
Avondale 2 Corinthians 0. Comfortable win in the end for Dale. Even with 10 men for a half hour.

Yeah very comfortable for Avondale .They looked like they didn't even break a sweat even when they went down to ten .Have to admit it was a straight red. few funny decisions in the game esp from the Eddie EGO mc nally .

Stats
11/02/2013, 10:32 AM
Fixture:

Bangor V St Pats CY - Tues 12/02/13

KUFCMan
12/02/2013, 3:35 PM
CORRECTION

WED 13TH FEB 8.00-Ringsend Astro

ST Pats CY V Bangor Celtic

Switched as per 2 chance rule apparently

KUFCMan
14/02/2013, 3:59 PM