PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Athletico Madrid?

joshie
30/08/2004, 6:04 PM
Going to Madrid in October - need tickets for Athletico. Have had bad experiences in Barcelona with tickets, so need some comfort. Can I get them from the ground, couple of days before?

Troy.McClure
30/08/2004, 9:08 PM
I saw Real play Racing Santandar about 18 months ago when they were the best team in the world by a stretch. I went out the day before to queue up as they sell some tickets to the general public if its not a huge match sometimes but this time it was a members only job but there were plenty of scarpers around. I got my ticket, 17 rows from the pitch on the 18 yard line for about €40 which is a good bit more than the cover price but I cant speak spanish so I couldnt really bargan. I also went to see Rayoviacano (who are back in the Primeria now I think) a few days after. They are the poor relation to say the least though but they were playing Celta de Vigo so that was something. I just went up to their box office there and got the ticket no problems. Strangely at both matches the guys sitting next to me were english. Odd that. One thing that I found strange was that the tickets use barcodes not holigrams or stubbs, so your ticket might just look like a good photocopy. I guess that you'll just have to use your common sence.

I was never at a Athletico match though so (strictly speaking) sorry for not being on topic! :p

Closed Account 2
31/08/2004, 9:57 AM
Going to Madrid in October - need tickets for Athletico. Have had bad experiences in Barcelona with tickets, so need some comfort. Can I get them from the ground, couple of days before?

Hi, I saw Atlético play Valenica in the Calderon this time last year. Getting tickets was easy, just go to the ground on the day of the match (i tried a couple of days before but the whole stadium was closed). I sat in the Tribuna Superior Alta, (second tier lengthways along the pitch, the side above the motorway) it cost 30 euros which wasnt too bad. The general sketch is you can buy a ticket around mid-day for the match if its an evening kick off - the two things to watch out for are big games (eg playing Real Madrid or Barca could be tricky) and changing the date of the game (all matches in Spain are usually pencilled in for Sunday but the TV companies move some forward to the Saturday) often there is less than a week or twos notice on this happening.

The stadium is very near the "Punte de Toldeo" the old bridge to the south east of the city. I think the nearest metro stop might be called the same. Anyway to get to the stadium go out of the metro stop. Turn to face the old bridge (dont cross it or even walk that much towards it) you'll be a big junction/roundabout and take a right turn after 2 or so mins you'll see the stadium. To get to the ticket-booths u need to walk right around the stadium and past the bit by the motorway (there is a footpath).

I dont speak any Spanish whatsoever but i think to ask for tickets just say "Hay billetos para el pardido da hoy". Remember in Spanish tho everything with a "j" is pronounced "h" eg Tarjeta should be said Tar-hey-ta and doulbe "L" is pronounced like a "y" so billetos is bee-yet-toss.

In general getting tickets out there is pretty painless.