PDA

View Full Version : Frankie Sutherland

Pages : [1] 2

Deckydee
29/08/2012, 11:07 AM
Handed number 30 shirt at QPR. Well Done!

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/280812-sutherland-shirt-337724.aspx

Michael Harriman is also on the books at QPR

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2149327/Michael-Harriman-signs-new-Queens-Park-Rangers-deal.html

tetsujin1979
29/08/2012, 11:13 AM
good news that he was given a squad number, but neither he nor Harriman made it to the team last nightg

tetsujin1979
26/01/2013, 3:31 PM
just made his league debut at Portsmouth, second half substitute for Adam Reed

Crosby87
26/01/2013, 9:51 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/65310000/jpg/_65310488_frankie_sutherland.jpg

He looks like Wayne Rooney with non beady eyes.

tricky_colour
26/01/2013, 11:13 PM
Looks about 13!!

Sullivinho
26/01/2013, 11:25 PM
He looks.....startled.

Crosby87
26/01/2013, 11:47 PM
Lol Sully "Caption This"

"Uhh..what Mr Trap? You want me to play back right?"

Or...to keep it going...
"Wait the older lads are having a laugh. It was a man in drag? Wha-?"

Closed Account
27/01/2013, 2:30 AM
I've seen that face, he's either seen his own Mum or his mates Mum dogging into to someone she shouldn't. I tell ya, ya don't get over that.

Frankie Sutherland is finished.

tetsujin1979
27/01/2013, 8:56 AM
well, he had a good run.

Olé Olé
27/01/2013, 9:30 AM
As someone who's spent time growing up in England as a kid and, more recently, has spent time visiting the Irish community in London due to friends emigrating there, it's very re-assuring to see the talented youngsters eager to represent Ireland coming from London. There's Tommie Hoban, Sean Murray, Ciaran Clark, Conor Henderson and Samir Carruthers- all young Londoners who have strong experience and seem to (mostly) have 2 Irish grandparent's, at a minimum.

EDIT: Where's Sutherland from folks? Wiki says he was born in Ireland. Was he not born in London?

tetsujin1979
27/01/2013, 11:09 AM
As someone who's spent time growing up in England as a kid and, more recently, has spent time visiting the Irish community in London due to friends emigrating there, it's very re-assuring to see the talented youngsters eager to represent Ireland coming from London. There's Tommie Hoban, Sean Murray, Ciaran Clark, Conor Henderson and Samir Carruthers- all young Londoners who have strong experience and seem to (mostly) have 2 Irish grandparent's, at a minimum.

EDIT: Where's Sutherland from folks? Wiki says he was born in Ireland. Was he not born in London?searched around, seems most sites list his place of birth as Ireland, possibly taking their cue from wikipedia. However, there's a program for an FA Youth Cup game between West Ham and QPR here - http://www.whufc.com/staticFiles/b/47/0,,12562~149259,00.pdf - that lists his place of birth as Hillingdon,

Michael Harriman was in the QPR side, while West Ham had Eoin Wearen and Danny Purdy lining out for them, West Ham won 3-0

pineapple stu
27/01/2013, 11:12 AM
EDIT: Where's Sutherland from folks? Wiki says he was born in Ireland. Was he not born in London?
Does he have a wiki page? I can't find one.

tetsujin1979
27/01/2013, 12:43 PM
Does he have a wiki page? I can't find one.
yep, it's here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankie_Sutherland

pineapple stu
27/01/2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks. Wasn't looking for Frankie, and he's not linked in from the Portsmouth or QPR pages.

DannyInvincible
27/01/2013, 12:49 PM
As far as I can make out, the article was created only yesterday evening: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Frankie_Sutherland&action=history

Crosby87
27/01/2013, 2:13 PM
I had some time on my hands.

Olé Olé
27/01/2013, 2:34 PM
I finally found an article which states that he claimed for Ireland through a Donegal-born grandmother:
http://www.fai.ie/international/youth-teams/under-17/100674-frankie-seeks-another-top-display-against-hungary.html

Crosby87
27/01/2013, 3:29 PM
So wiki is wrong? Impossible.

tricky_colour
27/01/2013, 3:51 PM
I had some time on my hands.

So you know how to make changes and create a new page?
Seems rather complicated to me, I have done some minor edits before but it seems to require a lot of
knowledge to know how to use it properly. Is thee a netter user interface to it than the one they provide?
anyhow you seem to have done a good job of it!

Charlie Darwin
27/01/2013, 4:12 PM
So you know how to make changes and create a new page?
Seems rather complicated to me, I have done some minor edits before but it seems to require a lot of
knowledge to know how to use it properly. Is thee a netter user interface to it than the one they provide?
anyhow you seem to have done a good job of it!
I think you should possibly stay away from making new pages on the internet.

Crosby87
27/01/2013, 5:05 PM
When you join you can use the interface they give you.... but note i dont know what the hell i am talking about on there half the time.

theworm2345
27/01/2013, 5:50 PM
When you join you can use the interface they give you.... but note i dont know what the hell i am talking about on there half the time.
Half the time? That's a massive improvement from on here. :rolleyes:

tetsujin1979
27/01/2013, 6:05 PM
I finally found an article which states that he claimed for Ireland through a Donegal-born grandmother:
http://www.fai.ie/international/youth-teams/under-17/100674-frankie-seeks-another-top-display-against-hungary.html
quite a few of that side still involved in football, that's encouraging to see.
There's a sort of review, sort of debate about McCaffrey VS Kerr, sort of "my dad's bigger than your dad" argument about that game here: http://foot.ie/threads/131648-Mc-Caffrey-has-to-be-the-best-underage-manager-ever

Deckydee
30/07/2014, 9:49 AM
Featuring pre-season for QPR.

tetsujin1979
30/10/2014, 3:31 PM
gone on loan to AFC Wimbledon for a month: http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/article/frankie-sutherland-2051083.aspx

Kingdom
30/10/2014, 4:38 PM
quite a few of that side still involved in football, that's encouraging to see.
There's a sort of review, sort of debate about McCaffrey VS Kerr, sort of "my dad's bigger than your dad" argument about that game here: http://foot.ie/threads/131648-Mc-Caffrey-has-to-be-the-best-underage-manager-ever

Jesus, lopez, where did he go to? Loved that guy on here.

geysir
30/10/2014, 7:11 PM
There was a Lopez who use to throw a few shapes around in the old player eligibility threads, once told of his windsor pk experience v Spain -> gstq, gstq, followed by gstq, interrupted by cries of NS, fellahs with a picture of a dutch homosexual on horseback on their scarves.

gastric
30/10/2014, 8:49 PM
On posters who have seemed to have disappeared where are sullivinho and skstu these days? sullivinho seemed to be drugged up regularly creating fantastic posts while stu's sense of humour and ability to take the **** is missed on here. Come back boys!

Stuttgart88
30/10/2014, 9:12 PM
Pete, 20 million posts
Sylvio, a buddy of Lopez
Peadar
Neil McD, rumoured to be alive and well on YBIG
soccerc, curator of the first and best* Irish football message board (*to a point)

And who can forget Davros, he of the dry wit, dot dot dots, "er"s and emoticons? Where can he be now?

Plenty of WUMs have been and gone and probably come back in different guises, but what of the old regulars? Following Leinster?

Old posters never die, they only fade away.

New ones on the other hand....

Crosby87
30/10/2014, 9:48 PM
On posters who have seemed to have disappeared where are sullivinho and skstu these days? sullivinho seemed to be drugged up regularly creating fantastic posts while stu's sense of humour and ability to take the **** is missed on here. Come back boys!

Stu got sick of it and vowed to quit last summer but still comes around for match time. I feel like the missus was sick of him spending time on here! I was also wondering what happened to Sully, Alaska Fox, and the Bear. I fear the worst about Colbert Report. Pineapple Stu is scarce as well. Shame.

DannyInvincible
30/10/2014, 10:21 PM
Davros? Why would anyone know? Does it even matter? Who gives a f... :p

Wasn't SkStu put of by the emergence of the trolling TOWK? Funnily enough, what Stu didn't know was that TOWK is actually a genius wind-up account concocted by Sullivinho.

(Only joking, TOWK!) :)

BonnieShels
30/10/2014, 10:24 PM
SkStu still lurks. Mesaaged me on FB the last day asking about Doc's transgressions.

I miss The Lep and Tiocfaidh Armani more than anyone.

And the Worm

tetsujin1979
30/10/2014, 10:52 PM
SkStu still lurks. Mesaaged me on FB the last day asking about Doc's transgressions.

I miss The Lep and Tiocfaidh Armani more than anyone.

And the WormWorm's completely gone to ground (pun intended)
Still posts the goalscorers on YBIG on saturday evening, but that's it

TheOneWhoKnocks
30/10/2014, 11:02 PM
Looks like The Worm has become worm food..

"Troll" - a misnomer to describe anybody with a conflicting opinion; who upsets the status quo.

tetsujin1979
30/10/2014, 11:10 PM

"Troll" - a misnomer to describe anybody with a conflicting opinion; who upsets the status quo.
A troll is someone who posts content just to draw attention to that content, and that content alone, regardless of any ongoing discussion around it

Charlie Darwin
30/10/2014, 11:40 PM
Stu got sick of it and vowed to quit last summer but still comes around for match time. I feel like the missus was sick of him spending time on here! I was also wondering what happened to Sully, Alaska Fox, and the Bear. I fear the worst about Colbert Report. Pineapple Stu is scarce as well. Shame.
AlaskaFox is one of the writers on Goal.com Ireland.

DeLorean
31/10/2014, 8:35 AM
SkStu still lurks.

Praise the Lord. I was afraid to ask!

Come back SkStu, don't let him defeat you. Let my sad attempt at reverse psychology defeat you instead.

Kingdom
31/10/2014, 8:58 AM
Colbert Report is on YBIG - he put the biggest wum post in history of ybig and got rightly f'ed out of it! Only problem was that he was genuine!
Neil McD is on YBIG in a different guise, and seems different to the NeilMcD that was here.
soccerc still around alright,

Tiocfaidh Armani was classic stuff at the best of times. I miss Skstu the most.

Wangball
31/10/2014, 10:19 AM
Does anyone remember Jebus? Rabid Limerick fan who used to claim to have more affinity with the French national team than Ireland?? I used to work with him & we've kept in touch on facebook & what not - he's a full on hipster nowadays - only chance we'd see him back on here is if he can access the site with his 1940's typewriter.

BonnieShels
31/10/2014, 10:46 AM

Trolling about trolling? *internet explodes*

Totally forgot about that chap. He's a recent enough casuality. Decent around Ireland games and talking about MLS.

Colbert Report is on YBIG - he put the biggest wum post in history of ybig and got rightly f'ed out of it! Only problem was that he was genuine!
Neil McD is on YBIG in a different guise, and seems different to the NeilMcD that was here.
soccerc still around alright,

Tiocfaidh Armani was classic stuff at the best of times. I miss Skstu the most.

Was CR's absence sudden? Chucky was harmless but he got under people's skin some amount. The original TOWK.

Does anyone remember Jebus? Rabid Limerick fan who used to claim to have more affinity with the French national team than Ireland?? I used to work with him & we've kept in touch on facebook & what not - he's a full on hipster nowadays - only chance we'd see him back on here is if he can access the site with his 1940's typewriter.

Remember him well. Had a lot of time for him too.

We've lost some great posters over the last few years. Shame.

TheOneWhoKnocks
31/10/2014, 11:12 AM
Bonnie, you can't seriously call me a troll because my opinions are not the same as yours.

If I was a troll would every third post I make be four paragraphs long and would I have a decent knowledge of Irish football players?

Give me some credit, please.

People throw the word "troll" around without even having the slightest idea about it's true meaning. In many cases, it's just a convenient catch all to use against someone to disregard their contrasting opinions and build a groundswell of opposition against them.

There are a few interesting articles on the "troll" phenomenon. Google is your friend.

DannyInvincible
31/10/2014, 11:25 AM
Praise the Lord. I was afraid to ask!

Come back SkStu, don't let him defeat you. Let my sad attempt at reverse psychology defeat you instead.

I've been a bit hard on TOWK. It's not like I don't give him oxygen. It takes two to tango and, in fairness, the two have us have probably been as bad as the other at times in sucking all life and enjoyment out of an argument. I hope I didn't contribute to Stu's departure.

(That's a comeback plea, Stu, if you're reading this!... Please!)

DannyInvincible
31/10/2014, 11:29 AM
I don't really think you're a troll either, TOWK. You can be trollish at times, sure, but you're not a troll. :)

Crosby87
31/10/2014, 11:37 AM
Ybig is more of a fan page to me lacking nuts and bolts discussion. I would go there to ask about places to meet up but other than that it can be like 12 posts in a row of "oh gwan" and "remember when the count lost his pants in Bari."
Not putting it down just feel like the average age is around 22-23.

Stuttgart88
31/10/2014, 12:41 PM
Exactly. Can you go on to YBIG and present fish puns or ask if a girl in a glass box is art? No.

Crosby87
31/10/2014, 1:03 PM

Does he want people to know that? :D

Crosby87
31/10/2014, 1:06 PM
Exactly. Can you go on to YBIG and present fish puns or ask if a girl in a glass box is art? No.

Fair point. If you dont hang out with the primary people on YBIG though... im lost on a lot of what they are talking about was what i meant. Oh, G'wan! :cig:

Stuttgart88
31/10/2014, 1:07 PM

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/632d63c8-59fe-11e4-be86-00144feab7de.html#axzz3HfZ9nvV9

IsMiseSean
31/10/2014, 1:13 PM

I seen that. Some of the replies were completely ignorant & arrogant.

DannyInvincible
01/11/2014, 4:40 AM
Does he want people to know that? :D

I'm sure he wouldn't mind. He was a poster who was always held in very high esteem and was always fine with people knowing who he was when discussing his website. You could deduce who he was from that connection if you had been paying attention. :p