PDA

View Full Version : Michael ward 2012

the hawk
27/08/2012, 8:07 PM
any word on who managing the michael ward squad lads .Is patsy taking it this year .Any taughts on who should be in this years squad

And dont just say Avondale :-)

corkey121
29/08/2012, 1:44 PM
Kevin Kelliher (D.Hall) few lads from Midleton with a couple from Cobh's A championship team down there, phily keane (Ringmahon) Jaime Murphy (Mayfield) good young talent... A few names there that wouldn't usually get a mention but have serious ability.

six-yard-box
29/08/2012, 2:04 PM
yup patsy and ger doing it again this year

six-yard-box
30/08/2012, 12:20 AM
Kevin Kelliher (D.Hall) few lads from Midleton with a couple from Cobh's A championship team down there, phily keane (Ringmahon) Jaime Murphy (Mayfield) good young talent... A few names there that wouldn't usually get a mention but have serious ability.
nobody would of expected ger keane.. dave donovan...or gavin walsh to be in the squad either last year so id have no fear of the two lads not watching games across the 3 divisions..cian blake is my shout anyway to be in the squad.

Chiefscout
02/09/2012, 8:41 PM
nobody would of expected ger keane.. dave donovan...or gavin walsh to be in the squad either last year so id have no fear of the two lads not watching games across the 3 divisions..cian blake is my shout anyway to be in the squad.

Who?.thought you'd name a young Cambridge as your tip....ill go for Michael barrett from kinsale

Dixie's Cousin
02/09/2012, 9:26 PM
Aren't they only allowed pick premier players?

six-yard-box
03/09/2012, 10:32 PM
Aren't they only allowed pick premier players?
nah any league dixie..sure gareth is a certainty to be in the squad.. too much fire power ahead of mark.. least nobody will be dodging it this year youd like to think they'll have the strongest team possible out

Clifford
04/09/2012, 1:09 PM
When is this on? Does the whole prem stop for the weekend or only if you have someone involved? Would love to see some Fermoy involvement in this comp, bit of recognition perhaps.

six-yard-box
04/09/2012, 10:20 PM
When is this on? Does the whole prem stop for the weekend or only if you have someone involved? Would love to see some Fermoy involvement in this comp, bit of recognition perhaps.
dunno is devine still with ye but theres not a better keeper out there than him. if he wanted to play hes surely in. its on the weekend of the 28/29 fri sat sun. imagine it'll be blarney midleton n the cross then for leinster on sunday

razor
05/09/2012, 8:34 AM
its on the weekend of the 28/29 fri sat sun. imagine it'll be blarney midleton n the cross then for leinster on sundayThats the Intermediate Cup First Round weekend, the MSL website is saying Sep 21/22/23 for this.

casilles
05/09/2012, 9:30 AM
did i read somewhere the connaught senior league are entering a team?

the hawk
05/09/2012, 9:17 PM
they have been back a while Casilles think it was 2008 the year cork won it under billy cronin

.Did you get a call up this year chiefscout .Haven't seen you on it since you got whipped off up in Salthill after 20 mins even having charlie there you couldn't stay on the pitch

Chiefscout
05/09/2012, 9:26 PM
they have been back a while Casilles think it was 2008 the year cork won it under billy cronin

.Did you get a call up this year chiefscout .Haven't seen you on it since you got whipped off up in Salthill after 20 mins even having charlie there you couldn't stay on the pitch
Salthill after 20 mins?..Charlie?..have never been lucky enough to play in the Michael ward yet.but can't see it happening yet.have you hawk?.heard its a glorified **** up so be right up your street

six-yard-box
06/09/2012, 11:13 PM
Thats the Intermediate Cup First Round weekend, the MSL website is saying Sep 21/22/23 for this.
ya sorry got my dates wrong!! blarney corinthians and the cross

ringmahon4ever
06/09/2012, 11:32 PM
are they defiantly the pitch.s that are been used

six-yard-box
06/09/2012, 11:37 PM
are they defiantly the pitch.s that are been used
what i heard anyway thats the cork games now obviously.

the hawk
07/09/2012, 4:25 PM
Salthill after 20 mins?..Charlie?..have never been lucky enough to play in the Michael ward yet.but can't see it happening yet.have you hawk?.heard its a glorified **** up so be right up your street

bluff all you want scout but the whole place knows who you are .Watch your head in the sun today not much to cover it

Chiefscout
08/09/2012, 8:27 PM
bluff all you want scout but the whole place knows who you are .Watch your head in the sun today not much to cover it
Raining where I am horse.but thanks for the heads up(not that I need it man) and enjoy your game of guess who.ps you ain't great at it.ha ha

Clifford
11/09/2012, 9:16 PM
Any squad for this yet? Will all teams in the Prem be involved or will teams be looking for friendlies that weekend I wonder?

razor
18/09/2012, 5:22 PM
Friday
Munster v Connaught O'Shea Park 8pm
Ulster v Leinster Passage 8pm

Saturday
Leinster v Connaught Everton Park 1pm
Ulster v Munster Corinthians Park 1pm

Sunday
Munster v Leinster Turners Cross 10.30am
Connaught v Ulster Ringmahon Park 10.30am

el nino coro
18/09/2012, 6:12 PM
Ken Hoey,Stephen Montgomery and Garett Cambridge are the rockmount representees on the Michael Ward squad!

Nedge
18/09/2012, 8:57 PM
Michael Ward Squad Details
Posted: 2012-09-18 18:50:22

http://foot.ie/admin/news/spacer.gif
1. Daniel O'Leary (Avondale Utd)
2. Brian Murphy (Avondale Utd)
3. Greg Kelly (Mayfield Utd)
4. Robert Brosnan (Mayfield Utd)
5. Anthony Wolfe (Midleton)
6. Declan Cahill (Avondale Utd)
7. Kevin Mulcahy (Avondale Utd)
8. Ray O'Leary (Blarney Utd)
9. Ronan Staunton (College Corinthians)
10. Mark Sullivan (Avondale Utd)
11. Christopher Butt (St Marys)
12. Stephen Montgomery (Rockmount)
13. Mickey O'Shea (Mayfield Utd)
14. Ken Howey (Rockmount)
15. Garrett Cambridge (Rockmount)
16. Michael Devine (Fermoy)
17. Ricky O'Sullivan (College Corinthians)
18. Ian Stapleton (Avondale Utd)
19. Danny Long (Avondale Utd)
20. Luke Connolly (College Corinthians)

Mighty almighty
18/09/2012, 9:13 PM
What's with Montgomery on the michael ward squad,19 top footballers and then a very average senior player.strange one for me?

jimhacker
18/09/2012, 9:28 PM
ONE TRAINING session before it starts. [/QUOTE]

Not true.

The committee lads have undergone a strict training regime, attending all sorts of pitch openings, 40th/50th anniversaries, youth inter-league fixtures - anywhere where they can avail of the hospitality on offer!

No better boys!

Clifford
18/09/2012, 9:38 PM
Best of luck to Mick Devine and the lads at the weekend, delighted to have a Fermoy involvement in such a prestigious competition. Good luck to all involved.

Southsider
18/09/2012, 11:08 PM
No Karl Caulfield or Hoggy I'm thinking there not available ??? Good choice of players from Patsy no major surprises. Hope the lads do it.

six-yard-box
19/09/2012, 1:17 AM
monty is 1 of the best defenders in the league imo. with regards 1 training session a league that starts on august 29th what do you expect??? fair play to devine for turning up for the gig a player of his stature could easily sack it off. karl got injured saturday and hoggy is working. as for the away trips being a glorified **** up the whole squad was tee total last year and look what happened.

Southsider
19/09/2012, 6:00 AM
monty is 1 of the best defenders in the league imo. with regards 1 training session a league that starts on august 29th what do you expect??? fair play to devine for turning up for the gig a player of his stature could easily sack it off. karl got injured saturday and hoggy is working. as for the away trips being a glorified **** up the whole squad was tee total last year and look what happened.

Good post six-yard. Is Brendan left out or is there other reasons aswell ? I thought Ken Coleman would still get a call up but then again you cant pick everyone.

ballsac7
19/09/2012, 6:36 AM
Good post six-yard. Is Brendan left out or is there other reasons aswell ? I thought Ken Coleman would still get a call up but then again you cant pick everyone.

Surely Greg O'Halloran at 31 should have been included but the second division seems to be forgotten about.......Karl Caulfield was playing down there with Casement only 3 years ago

Clifford
19/09/2012, 10:25 AM
Brendan is away. Mark power has been in goal for both Mount lg games so far.

Mick is delighted to be involved. Loving his football more and more each day!!

el nino coro
19/09/2012, 10:51 AM

Brendan is suspended for throwing a dig in the final game last year which resulted in a straight red card!

Clifford
21/09/2012, 9:10 PM
MSL won 2-1 tonight. Marky Sul and Danny long scored.

Glenbuck
22/09/2012, 10:41 AM
Very poor game in Blarney last night. The selection of a seasoned centre forward at centre half for MSL was baffling. He had a nightmare. Hauled off at half time. No one apart from Danny Long and Markie Sull stood out. Sull done brilliant to win the penalty and played well through out. Danny took his goal very well. I think there may be a few changes for today.

razor
22/09/2012, 3:55 PM
MSL 1-0 Ulster this afternoon.
Late Christopher Butt goal won it.

Last night Ulster drew 5-5 with Leinster.

el nino coro
22/09/2012, 6:53 PM
Leinster beat Connacht 3-0 today,draw will do tomorrow for Munster!

Glenbuck
22/09/2012, 7:13 PM
All to play for out the box in the morning...

Clifford
23/09/2012, 10:51 AM
Any score?

razor
23/09/2012, 11:35 AM
Any score?heard Leinster won 2-1

Clifford
23/09/2012, 11:38 AM
Cheers Razor. Hope all well!

Glenbuck
23/09/2012, 11:46 AM
Any score?Leinster 2 1

our_ball_ref
23/09/2012, 12:54 PM
The sooner that clown Eddie McNally realises he is not bigger than any football match the better, robbed the MSL today stone wall penalty that he could see clearly not given, and his attitude, the way he talks down to people is a disgrace aswell, and never once have I seen him explain a decision, if he's one of our best down here we are in serious trouble..

mayfield utd
23/09/2012, 3:53 PM
Very poor game in Blarney last night. The selection of a seasoned centre forward at centre half for MSL was baffling. He had a nightmare. Hauled off at half time. No one apart from Danny Long and Markie Sull stood out. Sull done brilliant to win the penalty and played well through out. Danny took his goal very well. I think there may be a few changes for today. didn't make it to any of the games i was away for the weekend,who was the centre forward who played centre back,and did any of the mayfield utd lads play in the games

Glenbuck
23/09/2012, 4:40 PM
didn't make it to any of the games i was away for the weekend,who was the centre forward who played centre back,and did any of the mayfield utd lads play in the gamesBrosy played at centre back with Wolfie and Hoey. He had a nightmare. Best days are as a centre forward. Mickey O Shea played in middle. Young Kelly came on as sub in second half. Dont know if any of them played in other 2 games.

Sparky
23/09/2012, 6:55 PM
The sooner that clown Eddie McNally realises he is not bigger than any football match the better, robbed the MSL today stone wall penalty that he could see clearly not given, and his attitude, the way he talks down to people is a disgrace aswell, and never once have I seen him explain a decision, if he's one of our best down here we are in serious trouble..

Based on his stature I would think he talks up to most people........................he is a clown. He tries to be pals with the players before the game and once it starts he screws everyone over. I agree too that I have never heard him talk to a player or explain a decision. He should not be refereeing at this level. He needs to leave his EGO at home before attending games.

code red
23/09/2012, 7:03 PM

Couldn't agree more.It was a stone wall penalty and neither Eddie or Aidan had the balls to stand up and give it.There was a terrible challenge on Mark Sullivan in first 20 seconds which should resulted in a straight red but didn't and did end up causing Mark to go off.We were sitting with a referee's assesser and he agreed that both decisions were incorrect.
The MSL apart from the sloppy first 20 mins should have won the game.They were the better team after the first 20 mins and dominated the 2nd half with Danny Long having 2 great chances and Ray O leary having one cleared off the line.They got themselves in great positions around the box and by line but just couldn't get the 2nd goal.

mayfield utd
23/09/2012, 10:07 PM
Brosy played at centre back with Wolfie and Hoey. He had a nightmare. Best days are as a centre forward. Mickey O Shea played in middle. Young Kelly came on as sub in second half. Dont know if any of them played in other 2 games. i was thinking it was brosy alright when i heard a centre forward playing centre back,to be fair to him he had a very good game playing centre back against avondale last week,i think his a lot better centre back than a centre forward,maybe he had an off day

el nino coro
24/09/2012, 11:41 AM
i have to say some of the basic decisions from the ref and linesman yesterday were nothing short of a disgrace. straight red after 20 seconds, how eddie mcnally called the ball out hfrom being on the opposite side of the pitch and having to look through the goal post and mick devine's body there is no way he could have been 100% sure the ball was out and the foul on danny long in the box was a disgrace, everyone in the ground seen him be pulled literally in full circle and no pen given. unbelievable carry on!