PDA

View Full Version : KC v UCD

blobbyblob
27/08/2004, 9:46 PM
Big loss in Gorman for this one if he does not play

Kilkenny City v UCD
Saturday August 28
Buckley Park – Kick off 7:30

UCD manager Pete Mahon has warned his side to be alert for wounded Cats when the clash with Kilkenny City.

The Cats lost 7-2 to Waterford United in the FAIreland Carlsberg Cup last weekend and Mahon expects a backlash.

“We can’t take anything for granted. Teams lower down have already beaten top teams this season; Kilkenny beat Harps, Monaghan beat Kildare and Limerick beat Bray, so we have to be wary about that,” he said.

“I would look more at their League form where they’ve kept two clean sheets in their last two games rather than the 7-2 loss in the Cup which was a bit of a freak result.”

With Sean Finn suspended, new signing Philip Hughes is likely to make his debut while top scorer Willie Doyle is also pushing for inclusion after recovering from a hamstring strain.

Kilkenny meanwhile could be without Philip Gorman (ankle), Alan Mulcahy (Personal), Martin Cummins (ankle) though they welcome back John Hayes and Paul Leahy, ineligible for last week’s clash with Waterford.

blobbyblob
28/08/2004, 9:47 PM
Gorman Is A Legend, Gorman Is A Legend
We Won 1-1, We Won 1-1

blobbyblob
28/08/2004, 9:48 PM
Am I really the only one here that supports Kilkenny City. I command all Kilkenny City Supporters to rise up and show yourselves

Sheridan
28/08/2004, 10:15 PM
Try here: http://kilkennycity.proboards20.com/index.cgi?board=general

Good result tonight, hope Mahersy does the business for you.

blobbyblob
28/08/2004, 10:23 PM
Aye, Saw your post on the KC message board. Boxer eh?

blobbyblob
28/08/2004, 10:24 PM
Thats probably why you added the link to in your message. doh!

Sheridan
28/08/2004, 10:27 PM
Aye, Saw your post on the KC message board. Boxer eh?
Yeah, his brothers still box to a high standard, I believe. He's a scaffolder by trade, I think.

blobbyblob
28/08/2004, 10:41 PM
were on the up. Philly Gorman has really come into his own since the departure of Barry Wood. Not that I wouldnt take Barry back if he so wished when he returns from Oz

A face
30/08/2004, 1:17 AM
Cats hold leaders at Buckley

August 29, 2004

Kilkenny City 1-1 UCD
Ger Bickerstaffe’s Kilkenny City fought back to level two minutes from the end any deny UCD the chance to open up a two-point lead on Finn Harps at the top of the First Division table.

Philip Gorman, the scorer of a hat-trick against Monaghan United two weeks ago, netted the 88th minute equaliser to give the Cats a deserved point.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/first/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=13305)

A face
30/08/2004, 1:23 AM
UCD denied by late goal

UCD were expected to return to the top of the first division last night as they visited lowly Kilkenny City. However, their desire to sit back on a 1-0 lead eventually cost them as Kilkenny hit a late equaliser.

Read more at www.irishfootballonline.com (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=2057)

pineapple stu
30/08/2004, 6:55 PM
UCD were expected to return to the top of the first division last night as they visited lowly Kilkenny City.

In fairness, we did return to the top though!